ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Williams!

Yes and one of the most protected as well. He's average when he's not getting the calls.

Reactions: Simple_Man
If officials wouldn't be so stupid and buy these awful acting jobs, these players might actually resort to playing basketball instead of this acting crap.

College basketball refs are only slightly better than world cup soccer officials. They'll award a damn penalty kick because a player is on the ground acting like someone just broke his femur. As soon as the pk is awarded, dude gets up and it's business as usual.

If officials wouldn't be so stupid and buy these awful acting jobs, these players might actually resort to playing basketball instead of this acting crap.

College basketball refs are only slightly better than world cup soccer officials. They'll award a damn penalty kick because a player is on the ground acting like someone just broke his femur. As soon as the pk is awarded, dude gets up and it's business as usual.
This is pretty hilarious.

It was funny to watch last night. I kept yelling at Bilas that most of Williams being on the floor was a result of transparent flopping. Not whatever excuse he kept using. Refs weren’t buying it last night.

Were you at the game sitting right behind Bilas or watching it on TV? If the latter, yelling at Bilas seems pretty futile.

Is he one of the best floppers in college basketball?

Let me put this the nicest way I can. Williams is a smart player and he uses the system to his advantage. UK came out very physical in the first half and the Ref's swallowed their whistles. UT has not played in a game this season when that kind of physicality was not called. But, that is the way the ball deflates.

Let me put this the nicest way I can. Williams is a smart player and he uses the system to his advantage. UK came out very physical in the first half and the Ref's swallowed their whistles. UT has not played in a game this season when that kind of physicality was not called. But, that is the way the ball deflates.
Dude flops like a fish out of water. He's too talented to play that bs fake WWE crap. Just play ball.

Dude flops like a fish out of water. He's too talented to play that bs fake WWE crap. Just play ball.
He is one of the top players in the SEC. He was SEC player of the year last year. We are kinda good with Williams.

UT has not played in a game this season when that kind of physicality was not called. But, that is the way the ball deflates
It was called in the 2nd half. Outside of the late game fouling, UK had a 5 ft advantage
I understand UT thinks Williams should shoot 31 free throws every game, so I see why the Vols feel that way

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It was called in the 2nd half. Outside of the late game fouling, UK had a 5 ft advantage
I understand UT thinks Williams should shoot 31 free throws every game, so I see why the Vols feel that way
The two halves were called completely different and anyone could see that.

so you are saying he presents a lie that the officials believe so that he can gain an advantage
sounds honorable

so you are saying he presents a lie that the officials believe so that he can gain an advantage
sounds honorable
No, I am saying he works within the system. It would be more of a physiological persuasion. If anyone wants to excel in life they need to be able to influence and persuade people.

It was funny to watch last night. I kept yelling at Bilas that most of Williams being on the floor was a result of transparent flopping. Not whatever excuse he kept using. Refs weren’t buying it last night.
Agree. In the Vandy game Williams flopped and hurt himself. The refs basically gave him and UT a time out to let him get over his self induced injury. That game they gave him 22 or 24 free throw and he hit every damned one.

Of all the SEC players Williams is the most protected by the refs.

Agree. In the Vandy game Williams flopped and hurt himself. The refs basically gave him and UT a time out to let him get over his self induced injury. That game they gave him 22 or 24 free throw and he hit every damned one.

Of all the SEC players Williams is the most protected by the refs.
Eyeroll

No, I am saying he works within the system. It would be more of a physiological persuasion. If anyone wants to excel in life they need to be able to influence and persuade people.

flopping is representing a lie to fool the officials
do you believe in lying to influence and persuade people?

I may be remembering things wrong but I thought refs were suppose to start calling technicals on obvious flops. If that started happening it would really clean the game up.
It’s already a hard enough call that I’m not sure I’d want the refs making even more of those calls that they struggle with already. IMO

I don't believe it is a lie.

when you fake something that is no different than lying
FWIW i feel the same way when a UK player flops
i think it should be an automatic technical foul
the second time it happens the player should be ejected

ADVERTISEMENT