ADVERTISEMENT

GOT

I'm confused as to how the Night King wins the battle of Winterfell when 6 dudes on a rock killed like 100 wights north of the wall. you would think having 8,000 unsullied, at least 40,000 Dothraki (really should be more), 20,000 knights of the Vale, however many Northmen/wildlings, and 2 dragons not to mention Winterfell itself would be enough to win.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I'm confused as to how the Night King wins the battle of Winterfell when 6 dudes on a rock killed like 100 wights north of the wall. you would think having 8,000 unsullied, at least 40,000 Dothraki (really should be more), 20,000 knights of the Vale, however many Northmen/wildlings, and 2 dragons not to mention Winterfell itself would be enough to win.

A possibility is that we'll see an end to the Night King by mid season, then attention will turn to Cersei/Kings Landing. It would make the whole Night King doom and gloom anti-climactic, but the politics of the falling action and possible battle with the Golden Army could be interesting.

What I think we'll see is the humans winning the battle for Winterfell and looking like they're gonna pull it out. But then the Night King is going to resurrect all the dudes who died in Winterfell before the bodies can be burned. Now his army is outside and inside the walls and they're fvcked.

That's when a small group of all-stars go out behind the enemy lines to cut off the head of the snake as a last ditch effort, most don't return, but Jon prolly seals the deal. Or the Night King mercs the 3 Eyed Raven's weird ass and decides his job is done and retires from the Apocalypse.

That is very likely. It's one of the more credible theories I know of. The Night King might not be motivated by revenge or a willingness to just bring death to everything. He might just be out to kill Bran and end the loop.
someone make sense of this to me, what loop? how the hell is Bran the Night King? If he is then wtf are they fighting each other for? What in the actual **** is the significance of Bran being the three eyed raven other than seeing shit that happened in the past/present?

someone make sense of this to me, what loop? how the hell is Bran the Night King? If he is then wtf are they fighting each other for? What in the actual **** is the significance of Bran being the three eyed raven other than seeing shit that happened in the past/present?

I wouldn't be able to explain the theory completely (cuz I don't fully understand it). But the driving force of the theory, as I understand it, is Bran can/will actually time travel, not just look back at the past, to try to stop the Night King. In doing so, he becomes the Night King after getting stuck there or whatever. The details are on Reddit, I'm sure.

This is kind of hinted at a couple times. One is when Ned appears to hear Bran shout while Bran's witnessing the rescue of Llyana. That shows that Bran might actually be able to interact with the past. The other is when the old 3 Eyed Raven tells him he can't stay too long in the past, alluding to that causing some real problems; perhaps getting stuck there mentally or physically.

Edit:. Also, warging into Hodor and frying his brain.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan

Seem like a huge advantage for the living, but a couple of things

1) the white walkers and Night King will actually enter the fray this time instead of hanging back and chucking a couple of spears.
2) they now have a dragon
3) every unsullied, wildliNg, dothraki, etc they kill they can immediately turn to wights.

Seem like a huge advantage for the living, but a couple of things

1) the white walkers and Night King will actually enter the fray this time instead of hanging back and chucking a couple of spears.
2) they now have a dragon
3) every unsullied, wildliNg, dothraki, etc they kill they can immediately turn to wights.

But, the killed can be burned right away by the dragons

Reactions: brooky03 and tw3301
The Night King might not be interested in ending the loop either, btw. Suppose he can see the future, not just the past. This isn't far-fetched because everything in the GoT universe is predestined. The Night King's advance coincides with Daeny's rise. He might've just timed it up so he could get his hands on a dragon. Orrrr he knows Daeny is bad news for everybody and decided she needs to die, so that's his purpose.

Regardless, I'm not buying that the Night King is just out to kill everyone and everything because he was coded that way by the Children of the Forest or mad at man for something that happened forever ago.

But, the killed can be burned right away by the dragons
one would think that fire would be heavily used through trebuchets, arrows, torches burning the dead as they fall, etc. Also I would think that the 2 dragons would be brought into battle the night king and his dead dragon.

Reactions: hawkit3113
And we can all agree that if we don't see Jon riding Ghost, both riding Rhaegal, the series is one huge disappointment, yes?
Plus Nymeria and her pack making a surprise appearance with Arya riding her into battle.

Reactions: brooky03
I could see a situation where they defeat the army of the dead then march on kings landing where the hound gets revenge and Jon snow takes over the iron throne.

Last edited:
Arya definitely dies though. Once her list is done, she's toast. Maybe before.

Sansa is the one that needs to die but hell, she'll probably end up running the world at the end. Her entire story arc is built around her learning/playing the 'game of thrones'. A game none of the other Starks play.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
I'd dedicate one to making sure the dead stay dead. Burn any soldiers in Winterfell who go down.
They'd be dying right next to soldiers that are alive and fighting -- the dragon would just be torching your remaining defense in that case. You'd essentially need people dedicated to tossing the dead into a fire or something.

What I think we'll see is the humans winning the battle for Winterfell and looking like they're gonna pull it out. But then the Night King is going to resurrect all the dudes who died in Winterfell before the bodies can be burned. Now his army is outside and inside the walls and they're fvcked.
Zombie Starks down in the Crypts coming to get you :eek:

Zombie Starks down in the Crypts coming to get you :eek:
I do think this is going to be an issue and I'm shocked given the amount of time Starks/Snows have spent in the crypts that no one has brought this up.

I do think this is going to be an issue and I'm shocked given the amount of time Starks/Snows have spent in the crypts that no one has brought this up.

Bran the builder built the crypts, so he may have used some magic like he did when building the wall
so the Stark corpses may not be able to be raised

Reactions: tw3301
It was quick so you probably missed it but Ned Stark already came back....

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F124413%252Fgiphy.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

I don't know if it's worth it to raise the dead Stark's. I don't think the Wights retain any of their abilities from their time as living humans, so they wouldn't be special. Might be a bit of a mind F for a second but Wights are straight potato. I'd kill Great Great Grandma Wight no problem.

ADVERTISEMENT