ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzagas actual numbers

Duke confuses the hell out of me. How do they beat Gonzaga and Kentucky in OOC and then underperform in a terrible ACC?

The talent is there... And honestly I don't I have any issues with our offense.

However, teams have been exposing us in the PnR - and we've also struggled against teams that spread you on the perimeter and shoot really well. Feel like our guys get a little too passive on the defensive end. Would like to see us get more pressure in the backcourt. Keels-Roach-Moore have done well with this at times - other times, no so much. Defense is all about effort and the past 4 games have left much to be desired. If our defensive effort doesn't improve, we will most likely lose in the Round of 32.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The rebuttal is that Nike obviously pays too. As their former execs admit. And have even discussed in specific terms regarding Davis.

Burying your head while pointing the finger at everybody else is really childish. But we’ve come to expect it from you Rupp Rafter types.
1. Show me where UK/Cal has been charged. Was it 10K or 200K? I can't keep up.
2. I didn't point the finger, the NCAA did. (Sick burn on the Rupp Rafter comment; I'm banned over there)

There’s a reason that bitch got smacked with 5 Level 1’s. If you think that’s going away you’re as dumb as I thought you were. And again, show me where the FBI or the NCAA has found anything on UK while Cal has been there. I’ll wait…numbnuts
Yeah there is a reason dipshit. The NCAA was getting hammered and they need a big program to try to slap. Who gives a shit what the NCAA thinks. Does that mean it's proof you idiot? Did you even follow the FBI trials 😂 show me where the FBI found anything with self? Anything...? That's what I thought. Matter of fact, it was the opposite. They were deemed a victim because people were doing stuff intentionally so ku wouldn't mind out. Kind of debunks your theory huh. If you think the "NCAA" is the end all be all authority and has the competence to do anything right then you're as dumb as you sound.
ONLY reason Kentucky and duke haven't had any blowback is because the NCAA decided to look at the addidas schools, not Nike 🙄
You continue to bury your head in the sand. Everybody and their brother knows cal and UK are as dirty as they come.

1. Show me where UK/Cal has been charged. Was it 10K or 200K? I can't keep up.
2. I didn't point the finger, the NCAA did. (Sick burn on the Rupp Rafter comment; I'm banned over there)
Just because they haven't been "charged" doesn't change the fact it happened. You have Nike execs telling of specific payments to specific players with timelines and everything. It happened. Cal has been caught everywhere he went. You think it stopped happening when he started to recruit higher profile players 😂
It's happened at Duke too. And every other school. KU literally got an infraction for talking about what it would take to get Zion. They obviously didn't make that happen but somebody did, right? Or are you ignorant about that too?

Yeah there is a reason dipshit. The NCAA was getting hammered and they need a big program to try to slap. Who gives a shit what the NCAA thinks. Does that mean it's proof you idiot? Did you even follow the FBI trials 😂 show me where the FBI found anything with self? Anything...? That's what I thought. Matter of fact, it was the opposite. They were deemed a victim because people were doing stuff intentionally so ku wouldn't mind out. Kind of debunks your theory huh. If you think the "NCAA" is the end all be all authority and has the competence to do anything right then you're as dumb as you sound.
ONLY reason Kentucky and duke haven't had any blowback is because the NCAA decided to look at the addidas schools, not Nike 🙄
You continue to bury your head in the sand. Everybody and their brother knows cal and UK are as dirty as they come.
Prove it. Or shut the fvck up.

Prove it. Or shut the fvck up.
Don't need to. Everybody knows it🤣
You gonna show proof or..keep pointing to NCAA allegations that have zero proof of anything? You do realize the NCAA is not the FBI and just because they say something doesn't mean it's true, right? Surely you're not that naive

Don't need to. Everybody knows it🤣
You gonna show proof or..keep pointing to NCAA allegations that have zero proof of anything? You do realize the NCAA is not the FBI and just because they say something doesn't mean it's true, right? Surely you're not that naive
Exactly as I figured; another uninformed, uneducated idiot trying to pass off opinion as fact. "Everybody knows it". GTFO. You do realize the NCAA is the governing body of intercollegiate athletics don't you? They don't need to be "the FBI". Probably not...

Exactly as I figured; another uninformed, uneducated idiot trying to pass off opinion as fact. "Everybody knows it". GTFO. You do realize the NCAA is the governing body of intercollegiate athletics don't you? They don't need to be "the FBI". Probably not...
And you think they know all? Idiot. They can throw shit at the wall and it doesn't have to stick. Just because they say something doesnt mean they have proof. While the FBI trial is literally all about proof. Who has it and who doesn't. Tell me how that went. Let me guess, you have no clue about that either. Are you trying to act all high and mighty because the NCAA hasnt come after Kentucky? Everybody in college basketball knows how calipari operates. There have been plenty of people over the years talk about the type of benefits and payments that went to UK players. They're not hard to find. It's not opinion. He got caught at UMass, then at Memphis, then all of the sudden you think he stopped? When everybody and their brother have come out with specific amounts to specific players 🤣 gtfoh kid. There's a reason they haven't gone after Nike..

And you think they know all? Idiot. They can throw shit at the wall and it doesn't have to stick. Just because they say something doesnt mean they have proof. While the FBI trial is literally all about proof. Who has it and who doesn't. Tell me how that went. Let me guess, you have no clue about that either. Are you trying to act all high and mighty because the NCAA hasnt come after Kentucky? Everybody in college basketball knows how calipari operates. There have been plenty of people over the years talk about the type of benefits and payments that went to UK players. They're not hard to find. It's not opinion. He got caught at UMass, then at Memphis, then all of the sudden you think he stopped? When everybody and their brother have come out with specific amounts to specific players 🤣 gtfoh kid. There's a reason they haven't gone after Nike..
Yea, we are still waiting on the Notice of Allegations, fvckstick

That is true; but you also spent a lot of time on metrics to convince us how good Gonzaga was.

I mean, they're still a good team. I never said they were invincible. I even said they were just as strong as Arizona and Kentucky. If you replayed the tournament again, they would still be a title contender, mostly because there isn't a team that is head-and-shoulders above everyone else.

I've obviously posted a lot about Gonzaga ITT. And I still don't think anything I said was extreme at all. They've been the most consistent team in the country for the past 8 seasons. That is positively accurate.

In this thread, it seems like a lot of you are essentially hearing me say, "Gonzaga is the greatest team of all-time." I mean, I criticize them a fair amount, too. The post below may seem like a really good compliment, but when you think about it, I was also saying they wouldn't be a strong P6 conference title contender in 2018 and 2020. They were #10 and #2 in KenPom in those years, respectively. And I excluded them.

All of those numbers indicate that yes Gonzaga would lose some games, but they would also contend for P6 conference titles, especially in years like 2017, 2019, 2021, and 2022.

Here are some posts where I criticize Gonzaga a bit.

I would agree that Gonzaga's backcourt isn't up to the standards of a typical Final Four contender.

Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert >> Nembhard, Bolton, Strawther

The Gonzaga guards aren't bad, by any means. They're all capable of being 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Team All-Conference in a power league. But, none of them are at an All-American level, IMO. Suggs and Kispert were All-Americans. Ayayi was HM All-American.

Even though the frontcourt and rim protection will be better than it was last season, overall the ceiling is much lower because the backcourt isn't on par with last year's group. Dominant backcourts are more likely to produce championships than dominant frontcourts.

Having 2 of the top 3-4 players in the country is a ridiculous luxury. They'll steamroll right through most teams. Still wonder how their backcourt will handle things. Nembhard is a monster in the PnR. Just think he'll have to create his shot a little more - and he can't shy away from contact. I only watched the title game once, but it seemed like those Baylor guards really got under his skin. Zags will need him to toughen up a bit if they're going to cut down the nets.

Arkansas essentially gave Nembhard the Baylor treatement, except Arkansas can't replicate Baylor's offense. Nembhard proved to be soft again. The backcourt was always the most vulnerable component for the Zags.

Gonzaga will lose at least one game in the WCC. Wouldn't be overly surprising if it's more than one game.

The fact that you think Doron Lamb is better than Nembhard or Ayayi proves my point. Thank you. Zero of your basketball takes have credibility after that one.

Wonder if this loser still think Nembhard is good? Who am I kidding he probably necked himself after they lost to Baylor last year

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT