ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzagas actual numbers

USF facilities are laughable compared to P6 programs. You have to run through the front lobby of the arena to go from the court to the locker room. And up until a few years ago, the home and visiting team had to share the same shower area lol.

They're not going to be the next Gonzaga. Obviously. But, what does that have to do with the current team?
Aub played @Ark, TN, and KY.

That's damn near 70,000 fans.

Would Gonzaga go into those arenas and win any game. The smallest arena in the SEC is Auburn at 9,100, the largest is TN at 23k.

IMO, they'd lose 3-4 more if they played in this years SEC. Which would put them at a 4-5 seed and would face a much tougher path through the tourney.

That doesn't mean much? There's a big difference between 30th and 90th.
I’m saying the Kenpom ratings don’t necessarily correlate. They’re all over the place. Like I said, your 1st place team is 30 and only 14 spots higher than the 9th place team. And the 5th place team is 73.

Aub played @Ark, TN, and KY.

That's damn near 70,000 fans.

Would Gonzaga go into those arenas and win any game. The smallest arena in the SEC is Auburn at 9,100, the largest is TN at 23k.

IMO, they'd lose 3-4 more if they played in this years SEC. Which would put them at a 4-5 seed and would face

They wouldn't sweep the SEC, obviously.

But I do think it's borderline asinine to suggest a top 5 team would be a 4 or 5 seed.

Review my content again, especially the bit where I mentioned Gonzaga is 28-7 against top 50 schools (in the recent years where they were a 1 or 2 seed). An 80% winning percentage against top 50 squads will ALWAYS merit consideration for a 1 seed.

But I do think it's borderline asinine to suggest a top 5 team would be a 4 or 5 seed.

Review my content again, especially the bit where I mentioned Gonzaga is 28-7 against top 50 schools (in the recent years where they were a 1 or 2 seed). An 80% winning percentage against top 50 squads will ALWAYS merit consideration for a 1 seed.

That's all great and all, but that's not on the road in the SEC. They would play through the whistle because they never heard it.

I’m saying the Kenpom ratings don’t necessarily correlate. They’re all over the place. Like I said, your 1st place team is 30 and only 14 spots higher than the 9th place team. And the 5th place team is 73.
Especially this year. It seems like Kenpom is a little bit of a mess.

They win 1 in every 3 road games. Not good. And now the road record is now 3-7.

Hah yes. But, it's a state job. So, I'm able to consume a lot of basketball in my down time at work. And I watch a boatload of games, look at the analytics daily, and obviously discuss the teams and players frequently.
Are they hiring?

That’s doesn’t really correlate though because they aren’t having to eve Roman a grind of schedule. They aren’t having a 80 percent winning percentage against the top 50 if they are having to play much more against them in regular season. It’s the same argument for football in the SEC. It’s the grind that gets teams. Gonzaga can’t play with anyone in one game. Can they keep up when they play 4-5 top 50 in a 3 week period?

That’s doesn’t really correlate though because they aren’t having to eve Roman a grind of schedule. They aren’t having a 80 percent winning percentage against the top 50 if they are having to play much more against them in regular season. It’s the same argument for football in the SEC. It’s the grind that gets teams. Gonzaga can’t play with anyone in one game. Can they keep up when they play 4-5 top 50 in a 3 week period?

They would lose more games in the SEC, obviously.

But, if you think Gonzaga is suddenly going to be a 4 or 5 seed, because of SEC competition, then you're either a huge SEC homer - or laughably ignorant.

But, if you think Gonzaga is suddenly going to be a 4 or 5 seed, because of SEC competition, then you're either a huge SEC homer - or laughably ignorant.
13-5 has Arkansas in the SEC as a 4-5 seed. Gonzaga would go about 13-5 or 14-4 in the SEC this year.

13-5 has Arkansas in the SEC as a 4-5 seed. Gonzaga would go about 13-5 or 14-4 in the SEC this year.
Might have something to do with the fact that Arkansas had 0 good wins in the non-con and were blown out by Oklahoma and lost to Hofstra.

Might have something to do with the fact that Arkansas had 0 good wins in the non-con and were blown out by Oklahoma and lost to Hofstra.
And Gonzaga got beat by a team that finished 6th in the SEC in a virtual home game for them.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You would see it happen far more if they got worn down by more competition on a weekly basis.

We would see it happen more?? Really? Because it almost doesn't happen at all. They've gone 5 straight years without losing a single game to a sub-50 team.

And Gonzaga got beat by a team that finished 6th in the SEC in a virtual home game for them.
Yeah, a talented but inconsistent team that is currently ranked in the top 25 and will be in the tourney. Good comparison.

We would see it happen more?? Really? Because it almost doesn't happen at all. They've gone 5 straight years without losing a single game to a sub-50 team.
And they haven’t played a legit overall schedule in those 5 years either

Yeah, a talented but inconsistent team that is currently ranked in the top 25 and will be in the tourney. Good comparison.
Oh so you just knocked auburn for not beating anyone? Yet we beat this said team twice that you jus t proppep up for Gonzaga. Nice job dipshit

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
And they haven’t played a legit overall schedule in 5 years either

Find me a team that hasn't lost to a sub-100 team in the last 5 years. Kansas, if I'm not mistaken, is literally the only school, outside of Gonzaga, that fits that criteria.

Now consider the fact that Gonzaga hasn't lost any games to a sub-50 team.

Find me a team that hasn't lost to a sub-100 team in the last 5 years. Kansas, if I'm not mistaken, is literally the only school, outside of Gonzaga, that fits that criteria.

Now consider the fact that Gonzaga hasn't lost any games to a sub-50 team.
I have far more respect for Kansas not losing to a sub 100 program than Gonzaga. Kansas has to withstand a brutal conference slate each year while Gonzaga gets to coast

Oh so you just knocked auburn for not beating anyone? Yet we beat this said team twice that you jus t proppep up for Gonzaga. Nice job dipshit

The point is that Alabama is no Hofstra or Vanderbilt. They're an inconsistent team that doesn't count as a shameful loss or a great win. It isn't rocket science.

No, you're just not very smart.

The point is that Alabama is no Hofstra or Vanderbilt. They're an inconsistent team that doesn't count as a shameful loss or a great win. It isn't rocket science.
Nice spin but the point still stands that you made a very dumb blind defense statement without thinking through it. Par for the course for an elementary level poster like yourself however….

I have far more respect for Kansas not losing to a sub 100 program than Gonzaga. Kansas has to withstand a brutal conference slate each year while Gonzaga gets to coast

Dude lol are you serious? You realize sub-100 teams aren't good, right?

So, Kansas played 7 sub-100 teams this year. Meanwhile, Gonzaga played 14. That's a 2:1 ratio. Gonzaga has far more opportunities to lose against these bad schools.

And guess what? Not only is Gonzaga not losing to sub-100 teams, they're also not losing to sub-50 teams, either. It's comical how easily you dismiss one of the most consistent teams in the country.

Dude lol are you serious? You realize sub-100 teams aren't good, right?

So, Kansas played 7 sub-100 teams this year. Meanwhile, Gonzaga played 14. That's a 2:1 ratio. Gonzaga has far more opportunities to lose against these bad schools.

And guess what? No only is Gonzaga not losing to sub-100 teams, they're also not losing to sub-50 teams, either. It's comical how easily you dismiss one of the most consistent teams in the country.
LOL. Sign me up for more opportunities against sub 100 programs if I get guaranteed 1 seeds every year because of it. You still aren’t getting it. Maybe one day you will. I hope Murray st is in the 8/9 game with Gonzaga. That’s a solid squad that dominated a conference like Gonzaga did.

Nice spin but the point still stands that you made a very dumb blind defense statement without thinking through it. Par for the course for an elementary level poster like yourself however….
It's no spin. It's reality. Alabama has 12 losses and many of them are to shit teams. They also have several really good wins. You can't call them good and you can't call them bad. They are what they are. Capable of rising up, but nothing to write home about on a typical night.

Everyone but you understands this apparently. No surprise there.

Reactions: dukedevilz
LOL. Sign me up for more opportunities against sub 100 programs if I get guaranteed 1 seeds every year because of it. You still aren’t getting it. Maybe one day you will. I hope Murray st is in the 8/9 game with Gonzaga. That’s a solid squad that dominated a conference like Gonzaga did.

Right...

Quad 1 Records
Gonaga: 8-3
Murray State: 2-1

Games Against Top 50 schools/Total Games Played
Gonzaga: 11/27 (40.7%)
Murray State: 1/32 (3.1%)

They're almost identical lol...

And Murray State has 7 wins in conference play that were by single-digits. Every single WCC win for Gonzaga was by double-digits. It's totally the same thing...

Right...

Quad 1 Records
Gonaga: 8-3
Murray State: 2-1

Games Against Top 50 schools/Total Games Played
Gonzaga: 11/27 (40.7%)
Murray State: 1/32 (3.1%)

They're almost identical lol...
Will laugh when Murray st. Beats them.

And Murray State has 7 wins in conference play that were by single-digits. Every single WCC win for Gonzaga was by double-digits. It's totally the same thing...
You going to defend the the sham that is a two game conference tourney as well?

You going to defend the the sham that is a two game conference tourney as well?

And now Gonzaga gets 4 consecutive Quad 1 games before the tournament. It was obviously done to help the Zags. Nothing wrong with that.

Playing a sub-200 team in the quarterfinals does nothing for them. If the WCC didn't make concessions, they would have left for the Mountain West.

And now Gonzaga gets 4 consecutive Quad 1 games before the tournament. It was obviously done to help the Zags. Nothing wrong with that.

Playing a sub-200 team in the quarterfinals does nothing for them. If the WCC didn't make concessions, they would have left for the Mountain West.
Gonzaga needs to join the big east. All those schools are similar to them. I will have zero respect for them until I see them go through a conference grind. Other issue. Why did they have more home conference games then road conference games when they played 16 games?

Gonzaga beat Texas A&M on the road, a school with a winning record in SEC play, just two years ago by 30 points.

Reed arena is nice, but it's not Rupp, BWA, or TBA.

The SEC has made huge strides in basketball over the last 3-4 years. It's a 5-6 ncaa team type conference as opposed to 3-4.

Yes, Gonzaga would lose significantly more in the SEC and yes it would have a lower seed in the Ncaat. Given your logic, Gonzaga would breeze through the ACC, or are you a homer?

Gonzaga needs to join the big east. All those schools are similar to them. I will have zero respect for them until I see them go through a conference grind. Other issue. Why did they have more home conference games then road conference games when they played 16 games?

They played 14 conference games. 2 were cancelled due to COVID issues - the road games against Pacific and LMU.

Yes, they played at Texas A&M two years ago and won by 30.

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Gonzaga would breeze through the ACC, or are you a homer?

Yes, mostly. Switch Gonzaga for Duke and the top of both conferences is essentially the same.

The difference between the two conferences is the middle/bottom of the ACC is obviously much stronger than the WCC. But, Gonzaga ain't losing to any of those bottom-dwellers in the ACC. They might go 18-2 in the ACC. I'd say 15-3 or 16-4 in one of the better power conferences.

Arkansas lost to Hofstra and Vanderbilt. Let me know when Gonzaga drops a game to a sub-50 team.

Hogs have relied heavily on transfers trying to build their roster. Gelling has been an issue initially but I'd match them against anyone come tournament time.

Seeing how Gonzaga got their shyt pushed in in the NC game and how Hogs hung with Baylor throughout only illustrates what I'm saying.

Yes, mostly. Switch Gonzaga for Duke and the top of both conferences is essentially the same.

The difference between the two conferences is the middle/bottom of the ACC is obviously much stronger than the WCC. But, Gonzaga ain't losing to any of those bottom-dwellers in the ACC. They might go 18-2 in the ACC. I'd say 15-3 or 16-4 in one of the better power conferences.

Dude...even Duke didn't make it through its own conference unscathed and they BEAT Gonzaga on a neutral floor. They dropped Miami, Virginia, FSU, and UNC. Only UNC has an arena that rivals the SEC's.

I'd assume the same would happen to Gonzaga. Min, 4 losses, plus OOC. Which makes them easily a 7 loss team.

Hogs have relied heavily on transfers trying to build their roster. Gelling has been an issue initially but I'd match them against anyone come tournament time.

Seeing how Gonzaga got their shyt pushed in in the NC game and how Hogs hung with Baylor throughout only illustrates what I'm saying.

This is a silly argument. First, you're using transitive property. Which is always a bad starting place, especially when Arkansas didn't even beat Baylor.

Who know who did beat Baylor? Kansas. And Kansas got beat pretty soundly by Gonzaga. But, of course, everybody knows transitive property doesn't work. You look at a team by the entire body of work. Gonzaga was 11-0 in Quad 1 games prior to the National Championship game.

Besides Gonzaga's wins, WCC best wins are TCU, Oregon, Stanford, Notre Dame. They got slaughtered in every other match up they played.

One team actually played the Academy of Art mid-season...haahahaa.

• Haha
Dude...even Duke didn't make it through its own conference unscathed and they BEAT Gonzaga on a neutral floor. They dropped Miami, Virginia, FSU, and UNC. Only UNC has an arena that rivals the SEC's.

I'd assume the same would happen to Gonzaga. Min, 4 losses, plus OOC. Which makes them easily a 7 loss team.

Duke has just as a high ceiling as Gonzaga. We are title contenders. But, Gonzaga is much more consistent than Duke. They've never lost to a sub-50 team in the past 5 years. Duke has lost to 3 sub-50 teams alone this year. No, I don't believe Gonzaga is losing 4 ACC games. Maybe 2.

And you're taking too much away from one game in November.

Easily a 7-loss team 😂😂 😂 😂

Easily means they could have lost 8 or 9 games. Your arguments are 🤡

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT