ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzagas actual numbers

No shift at all. I enjoy going after know it all blue blood types they believe only their opinion matters. You are the most fun to poke

lol you've used this line multiple times about blue bloods only thinking their opinion matters. That makes you sound insecure.

I critique bad arguments, period. Coming from a blue blood program obviously doesn't make anyone's argument any more valid. Just give me...

tumblr_ndhqnykq6d1tooympo1_500.gifv

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
lol you've used this line multiple times about blue bloods only thinking their opinion matters. That makes you sound insecure.

I critique bad arguments, period. Coming from a blue blood program obviously doesn't make anyone's argument any more valid. Just give me...

tumblr_ndhqnykq6d1tooympo1_500.gifv
It’s a fact that only playing 7 legit games in a regular season helps ncaa seeding. Why are you denying this fact?

It’s a fact that only playing 7 legit games in a regular season helps ncaa seeding. Why are you denying this fact?

Gonzaga is 8-3 in Quad 1 Games
Auburn is 7-4 in Quad 1 Games

You both have 11 Quad 1 Games.

Gonzaga won all 8 games by double-digits

Gonzaga is 8-3 in Quad 1 Games
Auburn is 7-4 in Quad 1 Games

You both have 11 Quad 1 Games.

Gonzaga won all 8 games by double-digits
Nice arbitrary line. Let’s include quad 2 also. You claim you are using facts. Then don’t look at whole picture. Also if auburn wins tonight we will have 8 also

You think Calipari should be rewarded for drastically underachieving last year?
I don't care one way or the other, but your stance is purely because you don't like Cal. 15-20 game turnaround seems to be the standard

After looking around a bit, Self won a COY award in a year where UK won the natty. Pitiful.

Last edited:
Gonzaga has played 10 more quad 4 games than auburn this season. LOL at not thinking that’s an advantage

Nice arbitrary line. Let’s include quad 2 also. You claim you are using facts. Then don’t look at whole picture. Also if auburn wins tonight we will have 8 also

lol first you say Gonzaga has only played 7 real games. When I throw in the fact that they've played 11 Quad 1 Games, you now want to include Quad 2 games? You see why a lot of people don't take you seriously?

lol first you say Gonzaga has only played 7 real games. When I throw in the fact that they've played 11 Quad 1 Games, you now want to include Quad 2 games? You see why a lot of people don't take you seriously?
Is playing 13 quad 4 games not an advantage in your mind? Answer just that.

Obviously.

But that's not relevant to your claim that the Zags have only played "7 legit games."
I don’t view byu or San Francisco as legit. Auburn has quad two wins that are better than any wins verses those two. I give credit for Gonzaga’s 5 legit OOC games and two games verses st. Mary’s. That’s it

I don’t view byu or San Francisco as legit. Auburn has quad two wins that are better than any wins verses those two. I give credit for Gonzaga’s 5 legit OOC games and two games verses st. Mary’s. That’s it

Have you seen San Francisco play this year? And by seen play, have you watched them play a complete half?

The metrics disagree with, btw. But that's okay. I wouldn't expect it any other way.

Have you seen San Francisco play this year? And by seen play, have you watched them play a complete half?

The metrics disagree with, btw. But that's okay. I wouldn't expect it any other way.
Metrics are skewed by point margins. They aren’t legit if the schedules aren’t equal across the board. Davidson is the only legit win I See on San Francisco’s resume

He's noted he hates math. A voter from KC has ruined it for him since he cost AU #1 ranking that one time. Even started a thread about it.

Reactions: RR30 and dukedevilz
Yes. Please link where I said I didn’t like math?

this is where you will likely link some post my made with some loose connection to numbers that you then created a narrative that I didn’t like math off of.

Yes. Please link where I said I didn’t like math?

this is where you will likely link some post my made with some loose connection to numbers that you then created a narrative that I didn’t like math off of.
Should I have said computer rankings/metrics? Same thing.

Metrics are skewed by point margins. They aren’t legit if the schedules aren’t equal across the board. Davidson is the only legit win I See on San Francisco’s resume

So, like when the 5th highest rated team in the WCC, Santa Clara, beats the 6th highest rated team in the Big 12, TCU, by 19 points on a neutral court? Yeah, that's a good point.

Honestly, how you can say Saint Mary's is legit and San Francisco isn't, is a clear indication you haven't watched USF play. Both games came down to the wire. They just as easily could have swept SMC. And USF has 3 Quad 1 Wins. And UAB is just a few places away from being another Quad 1 victory.

So, like when the 5th highest rated team in the WCC, Santa Clara, beats the 6th highest rated team in the Big 12, TCU, by 19 points on a neutral court? Yeah, that's a good point.

Honestly, how you can say Saint Mary's is legit and San Francisco isn't, is a clear indication you haven't watched USF play. Both games came down to the wire. They just as easily could have swept SMC. And USF has 3 Quad 1 Wins. And UAB is just a few places away from being another Quad 1 victory.
Saint Mary’s has far better wins. They have 5 wins better than any win San Francisco has

I believe Rutgers is quad 2 is that right?

These guys have wins over everybody in the league , go to their place good luck with that

Wins over Wisky (actually on the road!) , Purdue, Illinois, Mich St, Iowa, tOSU, ... hello, good luck beating them at their place where you get all that quad 2 credit.

Gotta be careful with the #'s, I know you need some kinda barometer but this is one example of a few bears ya gotta deal with in the big boy league you just don't see at that lower level.

I believe Rutgers is quad 2 is that right?

These guys have wins over everybody in the league , go to their place good luck with that

Wins over Wisky (actually on the road!) , Purdue, Illinois, Mich St, Iowa, tOSU, ... hello, good luck beating them at their place where you get all that quad 2 credit.

Gotta be careful with the #'s, I know you need some kinda barometer but this is one example of a few bears ya gotta deal with in the big boy league you just don't see at that lower level.
This is my issue. Quad 2 wins for teams are better than other teams quad 1 wins

Of course. What win does USF have that is better than?

gonzaga
Notre dame
Oregon
Twice over USF

Let's recap your inconsistencies.

You said USF has a "legit win" over Davidson.

All of Saint Mary's "best 5 wins" are more impressive than USF's best win - which, to your standards, that is the game against Davidson.

Now, if the Davidson win is legit. And if Saint Mary's 5 wins are better Davidson, remember two of them are San Francisco, then San Francisco is also legit.

giphy.gif

The only metric that tmatters is wins
Let's recap your inconsistencies.

You said USF has a "legit win" over Davidson.

All of Saint Mary's "best 5 wins" are more impressive than USF's best win - which, to your standards, that is the game against Davidson.

Now, if the Davidson win is legit. And if Saint Mary's 5 wins are better Davidson, remember two of them are San Francisco, then San Francisco is also legit.

giphy.gif
This makes zero sense. St. Mary’s isn’t legit just because of their two wins over just USF. Stop it. Davidson isnt better than Any of the 3 others wins either. And USF lost those games to st. Mary’s so again beating just Davidson does not make a team legit

The only metric that tmatters is wins

This makes zero sense. St. Mary’s isn’t legit just because of their two wins over just USF. Davidson isnt better than Any of the 3 others wins either. And USF lost those games to st. Mary’s so again beating just Davidson does not make a team legit

You're right. Your logic doesn't make sense. But, here it is...

I don’t view byu or San Francisco as legit.

Davidson is the only legit win

Saint Mary’s has far better wins. They have 5 wins better than any win San Francisco has

5 wins for Saint Mary's (2 of which are San Francisco)
Davidson
----------------LEGIT THRESHOLD-----------------------
Bunch of WCC Teams
Other Random Teams

You're right. Your logic doesn't make sense. But, here it is...

5 wins for Saint Mary's (2 of which are San Francisco)
Davidson
----------------LEGIT THRESHOLD-----------------------
Bunch of WCC Teams
Other Random Teams
Just because a win over Davidson was legit does not make the team legit. It’s one game. Your logic is what doesn’t make sense

in over Davidson was legit does not make the team legit. It’s one game. Your logic is what doesn’t make sense

bahahahaha you're still not getting it.

You said Saint Mary's has 5 wins better than any win by USF (Davidson). You also said Davidson was a legit win. Guess what? Two of those 5 wins are USF.

bahahahaha you're still not getting it.

You said Saint Mary's has 5 wins better than any win by USF (Davidson). You also said Davidson was a legit win. Guess what? Two of those 5 wins are USF.
They do have 5 better wins. That’s not saying all the teams are legit though. You are creating a false narrative

They do have 5 better wins. That’s not saying all the teams are legit though. You are creating a false narrative

lol holy crap. Wow. This is comical.

You said Davidson was a legit win.

You also said those 5 wins for SMC are better than USF's best win.

So, Saint Mary's 5 wins (2 are USF) > USF's best win (Davidson).

Spin it however you want, but you clearly contradicted yourself.

lol holy crap. Wow. This is comical.

You said Davidson was a legit win.

You also said those 5 wins for SMC are better than USF's best win.

So, Saint Mary's 5 wins (2 are USF) > USF's best win (Davidson).

Spin it however you want, but you clearly contradicted yourself.
What you arent getting is the difference between a legit win and a legit overall team. I am not spinning anything. It’s you trying to create something’s that not there

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
What you are getting is the difference between a legit win and a legit overall team. I am not a point anything. It’s you trying to create something’s that not there

That's a fantastic spin.

So, the Davidson "legit win" wasn't against a "legit team" is that right?

I guess we could say Saint Mary's has two "legit wins" over San Francisco that are more impressive than San Francisco's "legit win" over Davidson. Love it. This is fun.

What you are getting is the difference between a legit win and a legit overall team. I am not a point anything. It’s you trying to create something’s that not there
Pp
That's a fantastic spin.

So, the Davidson "legit win" wasn't against a "legit team" is that right?

I guess we could say Saint Mary's has two "legit wins" over San Francisco that are more impressive than San Francisco's "legit win" over Davidson. Love it. This is fun.
You are basically saying 1 legit win makes a team legit. So Texas southern is legit to? StZ Mary’s 3 other wins are make them higher than usf. Take out the the usf wins. Is Davison better than those other 3 st. Mary’s has?

Pp

You are basically saying 1 legit win makes a team legit. So Texas southern is legit to? StZ Mary’s 3 other wins are make them higher than usf. Take out the the usf wins. Is Davison better than those other 3 st. Mary’s has?

1 quality win obviously doesn't make a team legit. I never made any such claim.

But, the whole time we've been talking about quality wins and "legit wins." Remember earlier, you wanted to include Quad 2 games when I mentioned Gonzaga had just as many Quad 1 games as Auburn. Now, suddenly you want to switch it to "legit teams" instead of "legit wins."

If Davidson is a "legit win," then Davidson must be a good team. So, Davidson was a legit win - and if Saint Mary's has 5 better wins than Davidson, it's logical to believe those 5 other "better" wins comprised of teams that could also be classified as "legit."

It's just funny how hard you're trying to make San Francisco come off as a ho-hum team. By every single metric out there, they're a top 40 team. And by many, they're a top 25 team. And if you actually watched them play, you could tell they're actually a pretty good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT