ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga streak ends

With that loss Auburn now holds the nations longest home winning streak at 28 games.

That alone should tell you just how weak the SEC actually is. Makes perfect sense why SEC teams continually flame out in the tourney and no SEC team has won since 2012. Take away a UK team that had to have a generational player to win it all and a SEC team hasn't won since 2007. Congrats on that winning streak though lol

That alone should tell you just how weak the SEC actually is. Makes perfect sense why SEC teams continually flame out in the tourney and no SEC team has won since 2012. Take away a UK team that had to have a generational player to win it all and a SEC team hasn't won since 2007 lol. Congrats on that winning streak though lol
Flame out? Sans one tourney where the refs saved uva in multiple games (auburn, Purdue, and tttech) uva has flamed out multiple times in the ncaa tourney. I mean a team that got stroked by 20 against a 16 seed probably shouldn’t talk very much. You have your moment where the refs saved you though so I guess you can die on that

Flame out? Sans one tourney where the refs saved uva in multiple games (auburn, Purdue, and tttech) uva has flamed out multiple times in the ncaa tourney. I mean a team that got stroked by 20 against a 16 seed probably shouldn’t talk very much. You have your moment where the refs saved you though so I guess you can die on that

Again, congrats on that meaningless home winning streak. Definitely means more than a natty lol

I love that drew timme came back for this

Could have been worse. Could have been Tom Brady and had his family broken apart from it.

My issue with the Zags all season has been their guard play. They're not elite. And you can't be consistently great with just okay guards. They were very, very lucky that they came out on top against San Francisco, Santa Clara, and BYU. Easily could have lost any one of those 3 games. They were losing in the final 5-12 seconds against USF and BYU. Took the lead against Santa Clara with maybe 1:15 left.

Here are extended highlights from the game, if anyone is interested. Timme missed some chances in the final minute.

I feel like Gonzaga should have lost like 3 of their last 4 but kept coming back at the end of games to steal the victories from defeat.

They've been playing with fire for a while. They were down to USF by 6 with a little over 3 minutes left. Bolton made a shot with 9 seconds left to go up by 2. And then they were down by 4 with about a minute left to BYU. Stole the ball, hit a three... BYU made one free throw.. and Strawther hits a game winning 3 with less than 10 seconds left, to go up by 1. Timme might have had a moving screen, too. So yes, very, very fortunate in those two games. The Santa Clara one was close - but, didn't feel like they were exceptionally lucky in that one.

What's wild is nobody is talking about Saint Mary's who is actually ranked higher than Gonzaga in both KenPom and the NET.

Didn't they almost lose to San Fransisco or something also? Oh that's USF I guess. I assumed South Florida lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
A stolen natty. The worst officiating in ncaa tourney history that benefits the most racist school in America

giphy.gif

You just can’t miss a double dribble call that’s literally the easiest call to make in basketball
They missed an out of bounds on Gonzaga that gave them a ball they shouldn't have had. Omg. Call the police. We got robbed of a bigger victory.

That alone should tell you just how weak the SEC actually is. Makes perfect sense why SEC teams continually flame out in the tourney and no SEC team has won since 2012. Take away a UK team that had to have a generational player to win it all and a SEC team hasn't won since 2007. Congrats on that winning streak though lol
You spelled Big 10 wrong like 4 times.

They've been playing with fire for a while. They were down to USF by 6 with a little over 3 minutes left. Bolton made a shot with 9 seconds left to go up by 2. And then they were down by 4 with about a minute left to BYU. Stole the ball, hit a three... BYU made one free throw.. and Strawther hits a game winning 3 with less than 10 seconds left, to go up by 1. Timme might have had a moving screen, too. So yes, very, very fortunate in those two games. The Santa Clara one was close - but, didn't feel like they were exceptionally lucky in that one.

What's wild is nobody is talking about Saint Mary's who is actually ranked higher than Gonzaga in both KenPom and the NET.
Is Gonzaga good enough to get an at large bid?

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
They had quietly amassed the longest home winning streak in the modern era, 76 games. That ended tonight with a loss to Loyola Marymount. Hank Gathers had a hand in that, no doubt.
How would the Zags have done in the SEC?
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Is Gonzaga good enough to get an at large bid?

lol yeah, I think they'll be fine. They're 8-3 in the Quad 1/2 games. I just don't think they're anywhere near their typical standard from the past 8 seasons. Maybe a 3-4 seed and Sweet 16 team. Definitely not picking them for a Final Four.

I dont know if UNC or Gonzaga is more overrated this year, they both struggle more than they should. Difference is that UNC is a tournament team and you can at least expect them to turn it on coming into March, not so much with Gonzaga though. It may very well be an early exit in the first weekend for them.

ADVERTISEMENT