ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga or Auburn…

I just got a boner
I like Bruce, for some reason I have back when he was at UT. I think with his desire and drive thrown in with his coaching ability, he's a great catch.
And I really think that if UK offered, he would take it in a second, and he would win championships at UK. And money wouldn't be in play, it would be him wanting to win on the big stage. Meaning no bidding war.

I like Bruce, for some reason I have back when he was at UT. I think with his desire and drive thrown in with his coaching ability, he's a great catch.
And I really think that if UK offered, he would take it in a second, and he would win championships at UK. And money wouldn't be in play, it would be him wanting to win on the big stage. Meaning no bidding war.
I would have agreed with you 5 years ago on him leaving. He is recruiting on a level now at auburn where he can win titles. Also with NIL now and how much money SEC schools have and are going to have it’s changed the game a bit. He can win big at auburn and can pay to get top players here. Auburn has all the money and resources he needs.

Reactions: cdbearde
I would have agreed with you 5 years ago on him leaving. He is recruiting on a level now at auburn where he can win titles. Also with NIL now and how much money SEC schools have and are going to have it’s changed the game a bit. He can win big at auburn and can pay to get top players here. Auburn has all the money and resources he needs.
You may be correct, but what I understand, he's always coveted the UK job.
Who knows but him.

You may be correct, but what I understand, he's always coveted the UK job.
Who knows but him.
Recruiting has also changed. For example the transfer portal has become just as big if not bigger than recruiting high schoolers. Look at Baylor last year. Especially when it comes to poaching guys from small schools. Auburn has 4 transfers playing big time minutes this season. Kentucky has multiple starters that are transfers.

Don't forget a 3-year show-cause. A very prestigious achievement that not many coaches can claim.
Pearl hasn’t done anything worse than quite a few coaches that are already in the ball of fame have done. Including John calipari. Jom Chaney should have not been held back. He would have kicked the shit out of cal

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Recruiting has also changed. For example the transfer portal has become just as big if not bigger than recruiting high schoolers. Look at Baylor last year. Especially when it comes to poaching guys from small schools. Auburn has 4 transfers playing big time minutes this season. Kentucky has multiple starters that are transfers.
Yes sir, I understand, I am talking big stage, like Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky and so on. The ones that get the coverage.
Look at it from my side in football. I think Stoops would leave if offered by Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and so on. BIG STAGE

Yes sir, I understand, I am talking big stage, like Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky and so on. The ones that get the coverage.
Look at it from my side in football. I think Stoops would leave if offered by Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, and so on. BIG STAGE
I just think the stage is changing in basketball. You have football programs now putting tons of resources into basketball. That wasn’t Happening before

Going to be hilarious when Bruce pearl has the more ncaa titles than bill self and John calipari. Just one more. If lower titles don’t mean much why is bo Ryan with just two final 4’s in the hall of fame?

Going to be hilarious when Bruce pearl has the more ncaa titles than bill self and John calipari. Just one more. If lower titles don’t mean much why is bo Ryan with just two final 4’s in the hall of fame?

Try again in English please

Let's say for a second..., go with me AU fan. Let's say Pearl left for UL, Who'd be your first pick to replace him?

You've sold me on AU is here to stay, so who'd be the guy?

I know you've not hitched your wagon to Pearl. You have all the NIL deals and all that goes with it. AU is here to stay.

Just asking though, who'd be your pick?

@AuHoosier420 I have the perfect avatar for our bet. You can use it now and I won't make you use it for the month afterwards.

s-l400.jpg

Let's say for a second..., go with me AU fan. Let's say Pearl left for UL, Who'd be your first pick to replace him?

I know you've not hitched your wagon to Pearl. You have all the NIL deals and all that goes with it. AU is here to stay.

Bruce pearl isn’t leaving Auburn. Steven pearl will be auburns next head coach when Bruce retires

Young Pearl? lol

You seriously lack self awareness. No one is acting more like a bitch than you are here. Barkley is also better player than player in Kentucky basketball history.
Holy Shit.

I love Sir Charles, but you are delusional if you believe that!

Kentucky has had more All Americans than Auburn has had All SEC. Geeze.

When was the last time Auburn won in Lexington? (1988) Hell they lost last year 82-80 to the worst UK team of all time.

AuHoosier I am glad you love your team but some of your post are really hard to imagine as being realistic.

Holy Shit.

When was the last time Auburn won in Lexington? (1988) Hell they lost last year 82-80 to the worst UK team of all time.

AuHoosier I am glad you love your team but some of your post are really hard to imagine as being realistic.
Kentucky clearly has an incredibly rich basketball history and have had some all time greats come through their program. Definitely many more than Auburn. But who is better than Charles?

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm sure they would try but Bruce seems pretty happy at Auburn. We would likely match anything they could offer. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to make that jump, would it?
Despite their recent transgressions. UL is a borderline blue blood. They're like KU in a sense they just have 3 titles, but all their other stats add up. Plus, don't sneeze at the amount of money they generate.

Honestly, I think it would be an offer Pearl would entertain.

I also think Pearl would crawl to Lex for a chance to coach there. Same as Calipari. They've said many times how it's a dream job. UK has had 5 coaches to win a title. I think Pearl could be a 6th.

Obviously, I like BDB.

Last edited:
Kentucky clearly has an incredibly rich basketball history and have had some all time greats come through their program. Definitely many more than Auburn. But who is better than Charles?
There's a few that have more rings than Charles....but that could be anybody, not just guys that played for UK.

• Haha
Reactions: WarEagle2727
Holy Shit.

Who has had a better overall basketball career from Kentucky than Charles Barkley has had?

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There's a few that have more rings than Charles....but that could be anybody, not just guys that played for UK.
We aren’t talking about rings. Roll players can get rings. We are talking individual career

We aren’t talking about rings. Roll players can get rings. We are talking individual career

Round man of rebound is pretty hard to compare stats.

Are you ok with comparing all time stats, or just when Charles started playing?

I feel like if I bring someone up before Charles, you'll just discount it in the most beta way possible.

Round man of rebound is pretty hard to compare stats.

Are you ok with comparing all time stats, or just when Charles started playing?

I feel like if I bring someone up before Charles, you'll just discount it in the most beta way possible.
I am alright with comparing Charles Barkley’s overall basketball career to anyone Kentucky has. You would have already named someone if you had some they could legit compare.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT