ADVERTISEMENT

GoFundMe for Borden

hailtoyourvictor

Dec 11, 2012
Many of you know that Borden has been dealing with heart problems for several years. He recently had a SVT episode while umping that briefly made him collapse. He underwent surgery to (hopefully) fix the issue that has been causing these episodes, but between missing work during his busy season and medical bills mountain he could use some help.

He had a GoFundMe set up to help offset that. We talk outside of the forum and he didn’t want me to share the link here because most of us are assholes. If you’d like the link, DM me.

Many of you know that Borden has been dealing with heart problems for several years. He recently had a SVT episode while umping that briefly made him collapse. He underwent surgery to (hopefully) fix the issue that has been causing these episodes, but between missing work during his busy season and medical bills mountain he could use some help.

He had a GoFundMe set up to help offset that. We talk outside of the forum and he didn’t want me to share the link here because most of us are assholes. If you’d like the link, DM me.
Hail, thank you. I know this dude catches some hell on here, but in reality, Hail is one hell of a dude. As much as we have talked/texted, no doubt many of us on here would loving having some beers, watching some hoops, with this cat.

Again, thanks Hail for helping with this.

Hail, thank you. I know this dude catches some hell on here, but in reality, Hail is one hell of a dude. As much as we have talked/texted, no doubt many of us on here would loving having some beers, watching some hoops, with this cat.
Contribution sent. Hope you are doing ok bud.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Contribution sent. Hope you are doing ok bud.
I am doing much better my friend. This surgery was a game changer for me. I was getting anywhere from 50 to 100, irregular beats a day....Some of them, very, very strong. Last episode I had was very dangerous, as my heart rate went into SVT/Afib, and stayed at about 200 bpm for roughly 16 minutes. Fortunately they had implanted a loop recorder 2months ago, and it recorded the episode. So doctors were able to "map out" the problem and performed a slow pathway, AV node ablation. Since then, I've had very feew episodes.

Thanks Vulva.....Wife and I trul appreciate it.

Purdue still sucks, though.. 😁

Last edited:

I agree - Hail appears to be an awful prick but is in reality a good dude. Jk jk.

I agree - Hail appears to be an awful prick but is in reality a good dude. Jk jk.
Its weird when you actually talk to someone on here, on the phone, just how different people really are. This place is like a bar, really. Or a Saturday afternoon pick-up game among friends---lots of shit talking, smack talking, etc, etc....but the next day---Meh, all is good. TBH there are very few posters on here that I don't think I would get along with----then again, who knows..

I still think we need a meet and greet at the B10 tourney, or something. But ya'll need to be there the first day---Us Hoosiers rarely hang around very long.. 🤣 🤣🥴

I am doing much better my friend. This surgery was a game changer for me. I was getting anywhere from 50 to 100, irregular beats a day....Some of them, very, very strong. Last episode I had was very dangerous, as my heart rate went into SVT/Afib, and stayed at about 200 bpm for roughly 16 minutes. Fortunately they had implanted a loop recorder 2months ago, and it recorded the episode. So doctors were able to "map out" the problem and performed a small pathway, AV node ablation. Since then, I've had very feew episodes.

Just heal up bud. Health and family are all we have in this world. Wishing you the best.

I am doing much better my friend. This surgery was a game changer for me. I was getting anywhere from 50 to 100, irregular beats a day....Some of them, very, very strong. Last episode I had was very dangerous, as my heart rate went into SVT/Afib, and stayed at about 200 bpm for roughly 16 minutes. Fortunately they had implanted a loop recorder 2months ago, and it recorded the episode. So doctors were able to "map out" the problem and performed a small pathway, AV node ablation. Since then, I've had very feew episodes.

I had no idea you were living under such dire circumstances. I'm pleased with your improvement. I wish you the absolute best in your recovery.

I had no idea you were living under such dire circumstances. I'm pleased with your improvement. I wish you the absolute best in your recovery.
Thank you, Della. Its been a tough ride. Three cardiologist, 2 electrophysiologist, and 47 monitors later, the problem was found... 🤣 . I've had this issue for a long time. I'd got to the ER and they'd tell me, "just PVC's, or anxiety..." Presribe me Xanax, or something. Put a monitor on me here and there...Nothing. Rinse and repeat. Finally went to a cardiologist/EP who started to dig....Problem was, they could never catch the episodes...Echo, heart caths all were coming back normal...Finally they decided to implant a device called a Loop Recorder. It constantly records every single heart beat,and has parameter settings to pick up certain arrhythmia's, heart rates, etc....About two weeks ago I was working a Little League game and out of nowhere, my heart just went crazy....Measured HR's of 238 at its max, and sustained at around 200 for 16 minutes. I knew within seconds I was in trouble....could tell I was gonna pass out. Byt the time ambulance got me to hospital, HR had stablized, and rythm was back to normal, BUT.......the loop recorder they implanted recorde the entire epsiode and through that they were able to diagnose me with SVT/Afib, and were able to have an idea where the problem was..

Turns out I had an extra pathway, and that was causing my heart to go into these rhythms. Although they couldn't induce those rhythms during surgery,they were able to pinpoint the area and therefore was able to do someting called a slow pathway, AV Node ablation. I had the surgery Thursday,and so far, so good. I've went from about 50-100 irregular beats a day,to hardly any.

Very, very blessed....I mean the episode at the LL game could havebeen really bad. But not only were there 3 nursesthere, but all 3 were freakin' cardiac nurses......God blessed me. And continues to do so.

Thank you for the kind words, Della..

Last edited:
Thank you, Della. Its been a tough ride. Three cardiologist, 2 electrophysiologist, and 47 monitors later, the problem was found... 🤣 . I've had this issue for a long time. I'd got to the ER and they'd tell me, "just PVC's, or anxiety..." Presribe me Xanax, or something. Put a monitor on me here and there...Nothing. Rinse and repeat. Finally went to a cardiologist/EP who started to dig....Problem was, they could never catch the episodes...Echo, heart caths all were coming back normal...Finally they decided to implant a device called a Loop Recorder. It constantly records every single heart beat,and has parameter settings to pick up certain arrhythmia's, heart rates, etc....About two weeks ago I was working a Little League game and out of nowhere, my heart just went crazy....Measured HR's of 238 at its max, and sustained at around 200 for 16 minutes. I knew within seconds I was in trouble....could tell I was gonna pass out. Byt the time ambulance got me to hospital, HR had stablized, and rythm was back to normal, BUT.......the loop recorder they implanted recorde the entire epsiode and through that they were able to diagnose me with SVT/Afib, and were able to have an idea where the problem was..

Turns out I had an extra pathway, and that was causing my heart to go into these rhythms. Although they couldn't induce those rhythms during surgery,they were able to pinpoint the area and therefore was able to do someting called a slow pathway, AV Node ablation. I had the surgery Thursday,and so far, so good. I've went from about 50-100 irregular beats a day,to hardly any.

Very, very blessed....I mean the episode at the LL game could havebeen really bad. But not only were there 3 nursesthere, but all 3 were freakin' cardiac nurses......God blessed me. And continues to do so.

Thank you for the kind words, Della..
That had to be terrifying for your entire family. Thank God for the Cardiologist and the loop recorder.

Borden, I wish you well and would like to contribute. But I refuse to contribute to GoFundMe. Please DM me with another option.

Borden, I wish you well and would like to contribute. But I refuse to contribute to GoFundMe. Please DM me with another option.
I am fine, brother. I get it with GoFundMe. Its crazy what they charge, and how they have run some certain thinggs' includinf removing the store clerks page who was charged with murder.

Just the offer my friend means enough---it really does. Prayers work just as well.

That had to be terrifying for your entire family. Thank God for the Cardiologist and the loop recorder.
It was terrifying, annoying, troublesome, among other things. I mean it got to the point where I htink my wife thought I was crazy....Doctors kept telling us, "this is normal...., or "just PVC's or PAC's", and that everyone gets them....On and on and on...

BUt to her credit, and bless her heart, she would always listen, take me to the ER, or the doctors...Never once complained.

To say this is a relief would be an understatement...

And yes, Praise God for a persistent cardiologist, and that loop recorder. Very well could have saved my life...

Reactions: della
I sent DM---I think. But in case I didn't do it right, and you wanna help, you could send whatever to Baptist Health Floyd Hospital, in New Albany, Indiana---under my name. Or a check to me, written to Baptist Health FLoyd.

But like I said, just the thought, well wishes are enough....I appreciate that a lot.

Just sent something. Sending good vibes your way sir.

I was trying to be the 50th but some dick beat me to it.

Feel better Borden. We need you to be at full strength to tell fans that they’re wrong about a particular call they’re complaining about.

I was trying to be the 50th but some dick beat me to it.

Feel better Borden. We need you to be at full strength to tell fans that they’re wrong about a particular call they’re complaining about.
Thank you, sir....So far, seemsas if the surgery has been a success. Go for follow up tomorrow. But I haven't felt this good in a long time.

Than, you fella's..

• Love
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I only fund sex change operations, if Borden will agree I'll send money.
200w.gif

If you put it on GoFundMe that you're a 5 year old looking to get a sex change you'll get way more money. Cut me in for half since I gave you the idea.
Sadly, this is probably true... 🤣

Just a small update....Things have been great until last night. Had an episode...HR not as high, but got up to 120...BP went waaaay up---150/84. So wife took me to ER. Sent me home after a few hours...told me see my EP again, MOnday. BUt also said to expect this from time to time, as my heart needs time to adjust.

Pretty aggravating, tbh---but I guess I need to patient. Hard to though. Thanks for the help, and for listeneing...

@WojoRising send me a PM. I sent you one. Have a question fro you.

Wanted to say thanks for the well wishes, and those who have helped. Every bit goes a long ways for us...

Thank, you...

Reactions: cdbearde
Well, can't catch a break.....MRI from shoulder showed significant cartilage loss, two slap tears---3 and 4 level, with sever arthritis of CV joint....Anyways----scheduled for total shoulder replacement in a few weeks....

Gonna quit going to doctor. Everytime I go, i end up in the OR... 🤣 🤣

Well, can't catch a break.....MRI from shoulder showed significant cartilage loss, two slap tears---3 and 4 level, with sever arthritis of CV joint....Anyways----scheduled for total shoulder replacement in a few weeks....

Sorry to read that. I hate you're having to go through this ordeal.

Oh man. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you’re just getting it all out if the way at once.

Sorry to read that. I hate you're having to go through this ordeal.
Meh, it could be worse.....Shoulder has hurt for a while. Had an inection in my CV joint about 4 months ago....went bacl to another and doc was like, ummmmm, lets wait an do an MRI. Thats when they found all the shit. THing is, he apologized. Said this could have been found way back, but fukin insurance compay wouldn't approve MRI then....So only had Xray and CT to by. I hate insurance companies...Could have had an mRI 4 months ago, and avided this shit.

BUt jokes on those ****s. I've met my out of pocket---So now the shit is 100% on their dime.

Serves them bitches right...

And now since I've reached my out of pocket, I'm going to every ****ing doctor their is---Might even go to the ****ing gynecologist....🤣

Just wanna bump this.....My insurance will stop covering 100% of my rehab. Now just 60%. Not sure why----i have met my out of pocket. Any insurance dudes on here that can explain this me?

• Sad
Reactions: cdbearde
Bump for Borden.....Shit is out of control, for me....

God damn...

If I was a self made millionaire by now I'd give him $5,061.
I really didn'tthink it would get this bad, tbh....I am wishing I didnt pay the $2800 deductible, to meet my out of pocket---I could severely use that about now. Uggggh.....Just constantly keeps me in a pissy mood. We applied for food stamps, gov't help, rental assistance----all denied b/c made to much money. I'm like, but I ain't making ANY money. Fuking idiots.

Did you try disability income?
Work for small family owned company....Also, short term disability in Indiana is awful---doesn't cover my insurance payments either. I'd be better off panhandling... 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT