ADVERTISEMENT

Godfather Pat Riley takes shot at Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
“It’s not a coincidence anymore that we’re drafting all the Kentucky players,” Riley continued. “Getting rid of the Duke concept. So, that’s enough of that.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...ible-shot-at-duke-while-praising-tyler-herro/

giphy.gif

I don’t get it
I don't either---I think? I think he is saying Duke players aren't ready for the NBA? Hell,I dunno. I do know this----He can "take a shot at Duke" all he wants. BUT....If Miami had the #1 pick---instead of the 13th, better believe his ass is taking Zion. Plus, I mean, there were no Dukies left for him to draft---So there is that as well.

So Brooky, no ****ing idea what he's getting at.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don't either---I think? I think he is saying Duke players aren't ready for the NBA? Hell,I dunno. I do know this----He can "take a shot at Duke" all he wants. BUT....If Miami had the #1 pick---instead of the 13th, better believe his ass is taking Zion. Plus, I mean, there were no Dukies left for him to draft---So there is that as well.

So Brooky, no ****ing idea what he's getting at.
He was once accused of being a Duke player, by an ignorant reporter, for drafting so many Duke players. context is key here. The reporter actually thought Riley played for Duke.

Again, context is key.

He was once accused of being a Duke player, by an ignorant reporter, for drafting so many Duke players. context is key here. The reporter actually thought Riley played for Duke.

Again, context is key.
So he's taking a shot at the media---Not Duke? I knew he was once mistaken as a Duke player...THat is old news. Just an odd thing to say, IMO.

I think it was a mix of alma mater pride and shot at the media. Everyone in sports is competitive.

Plus he's Pat Riley. He's earned the right to talk shit in anyway possible.
I'm working the North/South All-Star Game tomorrow...Madison, Indiana.:D

And yeah, agree with ya. Pat's a bad ass. Still, odd to say...That type of shit can come back, and bite you in the ass. Plus, isn't Winslow currently a member of the Heat?:eek:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
As if he would have passed up any of dukes top 3 players this past draft.... Also if i remember correctly a duke player was on his last championship team. Not even a duke fan, just seems like a dumb comment if he is taking a shot at them.

Plus he's Pat Riley. He's earned the right to talk shit in anyway possible.
He doesn't need to earn anything to talk all the crap he wants, but he is also not above reproach. Say stupid things and you deserve to know how dumb you were in saying those things.

Reactions: Quavarius
And in his 13 years of ownership Charlotte has made the playoffs 3 times and lost in the first round each time. His strategy obviously isn't working. :D
I feel bad for Kemba. He deserves better and might go to a contender this summer. I think he is the most underrated player in the NBA, that is a star.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Might be time for Pat to retire. WTF is he saying? Duke guys play for Miami and work for Miami, so what the hell is he talking about? Go home Pat, you’re drunk!

But when you’re the Kings of college basketball, the hate extends into the NBA.

to me free agency is destroying the NBA, certain team are doing what happened with the yankees

the rich buy the best players in a attempt to buy the NBA Championship. that's why no longer watch the NBA. as well as Baseball, owners trying to buy the championship.

rather than do it the old fashioned way of taking players off their farm clubs

Reactions: jhmossy
Guy sounds like he just got off his knees and wiped his chin from Rafters. Yikes.

Quiet ginger cuck, you’ve been making this board uncomfortable. Laughing

This half brained mongoloid has been trying to insult me for years by calling me a ginger when i don't even have orange hair. Lol

Wrong. You tried to change what I said and it didn't work. Troll elsewhere.

Lol I’m not trolling. You posted that MJ preferred UNC players. I asked you how many he’s drafted.

You felt like a moron because that number is nearly zero so you replied “Try Google.”

You realizing your own post was stupid and then moving the goal posts to save face doesn’t make me a troll. It makes you a shitposting moron.

Lol I’m not trolling. You posted that MJ preferred UNC players. I asked you how many he’s drafted.

You felt like a moron because that number is nearly zero so you replied “Try Google.”

You realizing your own post was stupid and then moving the goal posts to save face doesn’t make me a troll. It makes you a shitposting moron.

You tried to narrowly define my statement. I provided a link that clearly backed up my statement. You again tried to narrowly define my statement and I called you out for it. Your response is to call me a shitposter, dumbass, and moron.

It's no secret that MJ and the Hornets have had a cosy relationship with former UNC players. Trying to argue otherwise is shitposting, dumb, and moronic. I guess two can play at that game.

EDIT: And all of this is to say: who cares if Pat Riley prefers UK players? No one calls out MJ for preferring UNC players.

You tried to narrowly define my statement. I provided a link that clearly backed up my statement. You again tried to narrowly define my statement and I called you out for it. Your response is to call me a shitposter, dumbass, and moron.

It's no secret that MJ and the Hornets have had a cosy relationship with former UNC players. Trying to argue otherwise is shitposting, dumb, and moronic. I guess two can play at that game.

EDIT: And all of this is to say: who cares if Pat Riley prefers UK players? No one calls out MJ for preferring UNC players.

MJ has drafted more UK players than UNC players. For the last time, your post was dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT