Nevada-2.5
Kentucky-22.5
Nova-5.5
Michigan-15.5
Wofford-2.5
Purdue-13.5
Syracuse-2.5

I don't see any locks...

A lot of parity and unpredictability this year.

I don't see any locks...

A lot of parity and unpredictability this year.
That’s what you get when the committee is allowed to pick and choose and there are no guidelines. Like NET, BPI, or all the things they discussed that they would use and then did not. Garbage

That’s what you get when the committee is allowed to pick and choose and there are no guidelines. Like NET, BPI, or all the things they discussed that they would use and then did not. Garbage

They didn't have many quality wins, but a 23-11 ACC team should probably be in.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Yup, saw that after your last post. Still listed like picks, though. Curious, why'd you leave out the 2 play in games?

It's a pool that we do. We pick 6 games against the spread each day. If you get one wrong, you lose an entry. The guy running the pool sent out the spreads yesterday so the play-in games weren't included.

Over the years, I made good money on the higher point spreads, so take the 3 highest spreads and count your $$$ afterwards

Thursday
Louisville-5.5
LSU-7.5
Auburn-6.5
Fla St-10.5
Michigan St-18.5
Kansas-7.5
Marquette-3.5
Nevada-2.5
Kentucky-22.5
Nova-5.5
Michigan-15.5
Wofford-2.5
Purdue-13.5
Syracuse-2.5

Michigan
LSU
Marquette
Villanova

I would say Louisville, but we virtually have 2 teams. A great one and a very bad one. If the great one shows up, then it SHOULDN’# be close. But who knows. Their 6th man is likely out tomorrow. Im just hoping and beggin for a win no matter what. :D

The rest are sketchy. Honestly I have Florida beating Nevada straight up.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’d probably take the other side of the UK game, if I bet on UK games.

Line is probably going to drop if they announce Washington isn’t going to play. 22.5 is a lot, regardless.

NC State better than at least a third of the tournament field. That’s what you call a lock!

You boys definitely got the shaft. If I were a wolpfacker, I would be encouraging my AD to take us to another conference like the Southern or A10 or one of those where the team’s talents would be respected.

Instead, you have a perennial screw job coming from the Swoff. The only way to ensure you will be treated fairly is to play in a conference with ECU or UNCW.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Definitely wouldn’t call Syracuse a lock. Baylor is one of the very best offensive rebounding teams and Syracuse is one of the worst defensive rebounding teams.

If I had to choose 6, I'd take:

Louisville -5.5
Yale +7.5
Florida +2.5
Saint Mary's +5.5
Wofford -2.5
Syracuse -2.5

Definitely wouldn’t call Syracuse a lock. Baylor is one of the very best offensive rebounding teams and Syracuse is one of the worst defensive rebounding teams.

Let's be realistic here, if any of us had "locks" we'd be retired on our own yacht - not posting on this message board. Available betting lines are efficient enough that there is no such thing.

You boys definitely got the shaft. If I were a wolpfacker, I would be encouraging my AD to take us to another conference like the Southern or A10 or one of those where the team’s talents would be respected.

Instead, you have a perennial screw job coming from the Swoff. The only way to ensure you will be treated fairly is to play in a conference with ECU or UNCW.
You’re not all wrong

Reactions: UNC71-00
I feel like Kansas is hot garbage and will also blowout Northeastern. KU isnt going far but they arent losing to NE.

Let's be realistic here, if any of us had "locks" we'd be retired on our own yacht - not posting on this message board. Available betting lines are efficient enough that there is no such thing.

Just saying...I wouldn't touch Syracuse with a glaring disadvantage like that.

I feel like Kansas is hot garbage and will also blowout Northeastern. KU isnt going far but they arent losing to NE.

Probably not...but the Self teams that have excelled in the tourney have generally been those with lower expectations or an underdog mentality.

In '04, they were expected to get bounced in the first few rounds and were an OT from the final four. In 2012, some predicted they wouldn't make the tourney, and expectations were pretty low even after a solid season, but they reached the title game (and likely would have a title if Anthony Davis weren't in the way). Last year, fans labeled it his worst team ever, and despite earning a 1, no one expected them to reach the final four. Even the championship team was an underdog vs both UNC and Memphis.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Frank Howard is not playing for Syracuse.

Gosh why do these teams make it so hard to pick!

KU played Villanova earlier this year and excelled at guarding the 3, will be the same defense, plus Dedric Lawson will own NE's 0 inside presence.

KU covers easily

Northeastern +7.5 vs Kansas

Yale +7.5 vs LSU

These aren’t locks and I’m an idiot

I got you OP

220px-Loch_an_Ghleanna_Bhig_%28Glenbeg_Lough%29_-_geograph.org.uk_-_263779.jpg

51949_640x428.jpg

images

I think Vermont +10.5 is one of the better values out there, especially with Phil Cofer questionable to play.

Vermont plays a slow tempo so they could very well hold the margin to 5-8

ADVERTISEMENT