ADVERTISEMENT

Give Louisville THEIR mother loving title back

crazyqx83

May 2, 2004
As a complete Kentucky homer (as you all know) and resident kook, this NCAA shit has gone to far.

Emmert needs to resign effective the date he was hired and pay his ENTIRE salary back for that time.

It's obvious that at least one player at every school in the nation has received "impermissible benefits" over the past 20 years. With these recent reports, EVERY SINGLE BLUEBLOOD is going to be implicated. You know what? I don't give a good dog dann. The NCAA draws $1B in revenue each year off the backs of these players and they have the ****ING audacity to punish schools for players taking peanuts in comparison.

If the NCAA doesn't cease to exist in the next 12 months, I will never watch a college sporting event again in my entire life. The phrase "blatant hypocrisy" covers about one one millionth of beginning to describe the NCAA.

As a complete Kentucky homer (as you all know) and resident kook, this NCAA shit has gone to far.

Emmert needs to resign effective the date he was hired and pay his ENTIRE salary back for that time.

It's obvious that at least one player at every school in the nation has received "impermissible benefits" over the past 20 years. With these recent reports, EVERY SINGLE BLUEBLOOD is going to be implicated. You know what? I don't give a good dog dann. The NCAA draws $1B in revenue each year off the backs of these players and they have the ****ING audacity to punish schools for players taking peanuts in comparison.

If the NCAA doesn't cease to exist in the next 12 months, I will never watch a college sporting event again in my entire life. The phrase "blatant hypocrisy" covers about one one millionth of beginning to describe the NCAA.

I definitely agree about Emmert. He oversees a multi-billion dollar org that has dozens of its member institutions breaking its own rules. Seems like the definition "lack of institutional control" to me.

Have you been hacked?

giphy.gif

It's only taken away in the warped mind of the NCAA. Same for the games. Penalties should take place in the future and not in the past. IMO the NCAA is digging it's own grave. Look at all the foreign players coming into the college game. As long as they can pass the college exam the NCAA should need to bless the high school transcript. Instead crack down ineligibility while in school. The NCAA needs to lead or get out of the way. Basketball in a true international game and American colleges are a part of this universe.

Reactions: American Male
Did you miss the part where Louisville got the hammer because the Director of Basketball Operations provided street hookers to minors? The Bowen incident just removed all doubt of a legitimate appeal.

It’s a little different than agents trying to hawk potential assets and their parents/guardians. Neither are on the straight and narrow, but surely you can see a difference.

Honestly when I'm talking to people about basketball stuff UofL still has 3 titles, Rick Pitino still went to 3 ff's and won a ship at UofL etc.

I really don't even aknowledge when the NCAA vacates games anymore and most people I know don't.

Honestly when I'm talking to people about basketball stuff UofL still has 3 titles, Rick Pitino still went to 3 ff's and won a ship at UofL etc.

I really don't even aknowledge when the NCAA vacates games anymore and most people I know don't.

Doesn't matter what the NCAA thinks when they don't exist in a few years because of the Biggest Scandal in College Basketball History (FBI Probe).

I've been saying basically this for a long time. Too lazy to look up my own comment history for the comments but they're there somewhere.

I agree about Louisville in the OP. Almost everyone was cheating or had impermissible benefits in some form of manner. Add that with them not doing anything to UNC. Punish everyone or punish no one.

EDIT: I just realized I am agreeing with Crazy. WTF is wrong with me today?

I agree about Louisville in the OP. Almost everyone was cheating or had impermissible benefits in some form of manner. Add that with them not doing anything to UNC. Punish everyone or punish no one.

EDIT: I just realized I am agreeing with Crazy. WTF is wrong with me today?
I couldn't find it in me to like his post. Even if I do agree with him..

Emmert is terrible. Possibly one of the worst bureaucrats in the country. What has this guy done to change things for the better at any point through all of this? He's released a couple statements and that's about it.

Did you miss the part where Louisville got the hammer because the Director of Basketball Operations provided street hookers to minors? The Bowen incident just removed all doubt of a legitimate appeal.

It’s a little different than agents trying to hawk potential assets and their parents/guardians. Neither are on the straight and narrow, but surely you can see a difference.
An 18 year old is not a minor.

An 18 year old is not a minor.

Indeed, it’s not.

JaQuan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney, the two that the NCAA got to talk, were also not 18 when they were on their recruiting visits.

And that’s not even touching the fact that some of the girls Katina was bringing in might have been underage too.

Indeed, it’s not.

JaQuan Lyle and Antonio Blakeney, the two that the NCAA got to talk, were also not 18 when they were on their recruiting visits.

And that’s not even touching the fact that some of the girls Katina was bringing in might have been underage too.
Then that is a legal problem, the NCAA has no business in that. The should have learned a lesson from Penn St. Give it back, the games were played, can’t change that.

Reactions: jreacher1
Then that is a legal problem, the NCAA has no business in that. The should have learned a lesson from Penn St. Give it back, the games were played, can’t change that.

The NCAA shouldn’t care that Lousiville’s Director of Basketball Operations brought hookers into the school’s dorms and paid them to have sex with high school students that the school was recruiting?

Are you kidding me?

I think everyone should be forgiven and new rules in place for this FBI stuff... I think even Miller and Pitino should be let back into coaching an ncaa team... but hookers for recruits is crossing a line .. UL deserves their title vacated.

The NCAA shouldn’t care that Lousiville’s Director of Basketball Operations brought hookers into the school’s dorms and paid them to have sex with high school students that the school was recruiting?

Are you kidding me?
Well, if regular students were allowed in to watch, then their is no infraction, right?

I take great pride in seeing UL lose banners and all that but I almost feel bad for them after UNCheat walked away with almost nothing from years of scandal. I mean we all know exactly what happened at UNC and none of us will look at them the same ever again like their fans want us too but that’s a different story for a different day.

I take great pride in seeing UL lose banners and all that but I almost feel bad for them after UNCheat walked away with almost nothing from years of scandal. I mean we all know exactly what happened at UNC and none of us will look at them the same ever again like their fans want us too but that’s a different story for a different day.
We don't need another 6 page long thread of this. I think most on this board know how you feel about the subject at this point.

Reactions: Steelers2012
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT