ADVERTISEMENT

GITT if Your Team Owns Their Rival

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
83556300.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I mean it’s bruce pearl verses Avery Johnson and now Nate Oates. It’s not really fair

Reactions: GE Nole
Does Syracuse even have a rivalry anymore?
Back when John Thompson was at G-Town, that was a hell of a rivalry.

I was a casual cuse fan back then (Mom raised in Syracuse, dad graduated from Syracuse and I lived in Jersey). Those games were epic, especially the Ronnie Sycally (sp?) Days, the Lawrence Moten and of course, the Pearl Washington days.

When Carnesecca was at SJU and Calhoun was at UConn, wow. Those were some dogfights.
I definitely miss those days.

DePaul is the Keyzer Soze of this thread. We own our rivals so much that they don't even know we exist.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
You need a chart for this type of info
DzJm1mJUcAEE-tz

This is now incorrect.

Since 1949-50 in CBB in our top 5 most played series.

TTU vs Texas - 59 W 79 L
TTU vs Baylor - 78 W 56 L
TTU vs Texas A&M - 63 W 61 L
TTU vs TCU - 77 W 42 L
TTU vs SMU - 55 W 42 L

No one has brought it up. So let's just put this out there. UL is UK's sex toy.I think I remember someone saying LPT, but that doesn't begin to describe it. They may eat our ass this year, so I might as well get this in now while I can.

Since we're talking about rivals.2013 happened. We went to the NIT while UL won the championship.....during a down year. Same as Calipari has 6 Final Fours, 2 Runner Ups and 1 Title. F*ck the NCAA.

I also hope KU wins out. I am a fan of my rivals more than a fan of the NCAA. Let's be real, UL lost their title to some whores. GTFO. I didn't believe that was possible and I still don't believe it's possible. Public opinion >NCAA ruling. Also note: I'm only upset by the UNC ruling due do fake education, but have no problem with them getting off. They exploited the system in place. Their athletes and alma mater were the real victims.

Last edited:
All time, we do not own Florida in the hard court. But we sure as hell do lately.

Miami is our errand boy.

Reactions: speedfrk
Why did I get quoted.
I don't know, but seems like you've not been as present lately. I've noticed. Don't be gone so long, you totally add to the quality of our board. Your dark sense of humor totally mirrors mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
Why did I get quoted.

Haha yeah. That was actually meant for a separate post. I just forgot to respond to your comment before I got distracted by another post.

I was going to ask you about the Maryland-Rutgers rivalry. That's not a real thing, is it?

Reactions: bMORE607
Haha yeah. That was actually meant for a separate post. I just forgot to respond to your comment before I got distracted by another post.

I was going to ask you about the Maryland-Rutgers rivalry. That's not a real thing, is it?

It’s a forced thing since we came in at the same time. Our rival is probably Penn State but they dominate in football and we dominate in basketball so it’s not much of a rivalry. Although the fan bases hate each other and that stems from other rivalries with from other teams (Ravens-Steelers, Capitals-Penguins). Penn State does a lot of recruiting in football from the DMV so that also adds to it.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Firs the "If your team has won a natty", thread... Now this thread.

Wow----Della really got to you UK fans.Laughing Brought on all types of insecurities.:eek:

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
No Louisville fans ITT? Why? Does anyone know why there are no Louisville fans ITT? Laughing
Have you seen your home schedule? We’re definitely y’all’s super bowl again! That’ll be y’all’s first sellout of the season.

Naaaah.....Series is 32-25. Hoosiers have won 2 of the past 3.
So Kentucky has won more games than Indiana....therefore...bend the knee.

Have you seen your home schedule? We’re definitely y’all’s super bowl again! That’ll be y’all’s first sellout of the season.
Wont hear any argument from me. I was at the Evansville game and the Transy exhibition. Pathetic. But everyone is having this problem. Said yall were avg. about 14K so far. Said we were at 18K. Frankly I dont believe either number is remotely real. Those uppers look like a ghost town in the chicken bucket right now. Im sure yall saw those pics of our upper end zone seats and the student section. Its a damned embarassment.

Things don’t exactly look elbow to elbow in the Yum tonight.

0 Sweet 16s in a decade? Holy shit. That’s inexcusable.

At least Texas fans can hold onto their history from all the other sports. It really is crazy that a program that well-funded hasn't made it to the Sweet 16 since 2008. I don't have a reason to hate Texas, I really don't. But, I kind of hope this streak continues :)

So Kentucky has won more games than Indiana....therefore...bend the knee.

So if UK only winning 7 more over Indiana means they take a knee, does that mean you need to get on both knees while in the presence of a Tar Heel?

Naaaah. Unless of course you feel the need to , "bend the knee" to UNC??:D
See below.
So if UK only winning 7 more over Indiana means they take a knee, does that mean you need to get on both knees while in the presence of a Tar Heel?

No. We have more titles and wins. We're still the king. We've beaten them 3 of the last 4, 5 of last 7, 6 of last 9. Its no wonder they conveniently dropped the series. But hey, they beat Tubby! Laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
I aint bending the knee to UNC because they aint our rival. our rivals are Indiana, UL, and Tenn........ and its getting close to when IU no longer counts as a rival.

ADVERTISEMENT