ADVERTISEMENT

GITT if your CFB team is undefeated..

giphy.gif
Fully expected that L, but still…
right-here-buddy-stan-marsh.gif

Curious…got any bets on Broncos-49ers?
Not yet. Most of the time I don't bet NFL until gameday. I'll do a little research in the morning and make some bets before the 1 PM games. That should be a good game. Without looking too much into it I'm inclined to take SF -1.5 even though it's in Denver. Might not bet that one at all. Only reason I might is because it's the late game so it will be the only game going on at that time.

Not yet. Most of the time I don't bet NFL until gameday. I'll do a little research in the morning and make some bets before the 1 PM games. That should be a good game. Without looking too much into it I'm inclined to take SF -1.5 even though it's in Denver. Might not bet that one at all. Only reason I might is because it's the late game so it will be the only game going on at that time.

To me SF -1.5 seems like easy money. Not if Lance were starting, but I think they’re much better with Garoppolo. I was watching Simms and Florio and both were like “what are we missing here?”

I’m not high on Denver. Simms isn’t either. He predicted 6 wins before the season started. I think that’s about right. Wilson isn’t what he used to be. His legs are all but shot, and for a midget QB, that’s a big problem. He doesn’t even attempt to run anymore.

I think their overall roster is overrated and Hackett is a disaster.

Smoked a preseason top 20 team on the road.

Poor Bert. Has to try to rain on everybody’s parade because he’s so insecure about his b-ball team’s recent history. This is why people love to pile on when you get Peacocked. 🤣
Houston was not top 20 preseason (24th in AP, 25th in Coaches poll). Didn't your mom tell you to tell the truth?

That is why Kansas still in not in the top 25. Their best win is Houston.

Houston was not top 20 preseason (24th in AP, 25th in Coaches poll). Didn't your mom tell you to tell the truth?

That is why Kansas still in not in the top 25. Their best win is Houston.

I don’t see anyone crying about rankings.

We don’t know how good any of these teams are yet. We do know that Houston was the only team that KU or Kentucky have played that had preseason expectations. I don’t think Florida beating Utah by 3 at home proved that they’re anything special.

Duke may have sucked last year, but they have a new QB and he’s good. WV has a good QB too (at one point a top 5 recruit nationally).

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

We don’t know how good any of these teams are yet. We do know that Houston was the only team that KU or Kentucky have played that had preseason expectations. I don’t think Florida beating Utah by 3 at home proved that they’re anything special.

Duke may have sucked last year, but they have a new QB and he’s good. WV has a good QB too (at one point a top 5 recruit nationally).
No one said that Florida was special but they are far better than Houston. Florida has already played Utah, Kentucky and Tennessee. Houston will not play three out of four teams of that caliber in the next decade. Houston does not have a ranked team on it's schedule.

Anyway, Kentucky has a few really big challenges in their near future and will be lucky to even look decent against the likes of Ole Miss, Missouri, Georgia and Tennessee.

No one said that Florida was special but they are far better than Houston. Florida has already played Utah, Kentucky and Tennessee. Houston will not play three out of four teams of that caliber in the next decade. Houston does not have a ranked team on it's schedule.

Anyway, Kentucky has a few really big challenges in their near future and will be lucky to even look decent against the likes of Ole Miss, Missouri, Georgia and Tennessee.

You’re worried about a Missouri team that lost to K-State 40-12?

You’re worried about a Missouri team that lost to K-State 40-12?
Yes.

Before UK gets to Missouri we have to go through Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State and Tennessee. I am worried about all of those teams. In fact two of those teams could probably win your conference.

Your team plays in a little conference that has not won a national title in a long, long time. They get good ratings because they play no one. Then along comes the playoff system and they fall flat of their faces. Kentucky plays in the best football conference in the U.S. Your conference’s best two teams are moving to the SEC. Why?

Hell, even Arkansas and Missouri moved out of your conference to mine.

Five years from now your conference may even be worse than they are today. So Kansas may have a shot of winning in football. So please stop the shit.

Last edited:

KU's best win may end up being WVU----thats a good football team.

I love, Bert---but he has difficulty giving any rival of UK, any type of credit...Shit KU could beat Bama, and Bert would still stand firm... 🤣

FTR----IMO, UK is really good, but----Florida is overrated....And UK better clean a lot of shit up---2 straight weeks of meh football vs meh teams. Play as they have of recent, and its gonna be a looooooooong day in Knoxville.

To me SF -1.5 seems like easy money. Not if Lance were starting, but I think they’re much better with Garoppolo. I was watching Simms and Florio and both were like “what are we missing here?”

I’m not high on Denver. Simms isn’t either. He predicted 6 wins before the season started. I think that’s about right. Wilson isn’t what he used to be. His legs are all but shot, and for a midget QB, that’s a big problem. He doesn’t even attempt to run anymore.

I think their overall roster is overrated and Hackett is a disaster.
I think they are better with Garoppolo too. Agreed about Denver, they've looked like shit through the first 2 weeks against some bad teams. Wilson isn't clicking and they've got a gimpy receiving corps right now. SF will be by far the best defense they've faced yet too.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
KU's best win may end up being WVU----thats a good football team.

I love, Bert---but he has difficulty giving any rival of UK, any type of credit...Shit KU could beat Bama, and Bert would still stand firm... 🤣

FTR----IMO, UK is really good, but----Florida is overrated....And UK better clean a lot of shit up---2 straight weeks of meh football vs meh teams. Play as they have of recent, and its gonna be a looooooooong day in Knoxville.
First off Kansas has never seen the year or day they could beat Alabama in football, so let us get that type stuff out of the discussion.

At the least Kentucky did not lose to Cincinnati. Indiana dropped the series with Kentucky in football because they (Indiana) could never beat lowly Kentucky. That was back in the day when UK's only sure win was Indiana.

God, I would love to have a series with Kansas, Cincinnati and Indiana in football. Bring it on. You talk about padding the stats. Plus Cincinnati and Indiana are just up the road from Lexington, the costs would be low and the benefits for Kentucky would be great except that it would hurt our rankings. But those teams want no part of pitiful Kentucky.

Florida may suck but they suck a lot less than Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Cincinnati et.al. I note that Florida has the same number of national titles since the playoff series as Ohio State. No other team from your conference has won one. Where is powerful Michigan? Michigan State? Penn State? Where are they Borden. Now where is the Big 12 (or what ever is left over)? Texas 1.

Every day in Knoxville is long for Kentucky. Every day in the SEC for Kentucky is long as the SEC is the best damned football conference known to man. However, the Indiana days in Columbus, OH is very shot. Ohio State shows up and Indiana gets back on the bus! :D

When was the last time the Big 12 or Big Ten won a title? https://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

The SEC totally dominates the national titles. Why Borden, Why? So you are telling a Kansas fan that somehow Kansas has a tougher road in an also-ran conference than Kentucky in the SEC? Shit Indiana has a very easy road in the Big Ten compared to Kentucky in the SEC.

First off Kansas has never seen the year or day they could beat Alabama in football, so let us get that type stuff out of the discussion.

At the least Kentucky did not lose to Cincinnati. Indiana dropped the series with Kentucky in football because they (Indiana) could never beat lowly Kentucky. That was back in the day when UK's only sure win was Indiana.

God, I would love to have a series with Kansas, Cincinnati and Indiana in football. Bring it on. You talk about padding the stats. Plus Cincinnati and Indiana are just up the road from Lexington, the costs would be low and the benefits for Kentucky would be great except that it would hurt our rankings. But those teams want no part of pitiful Kentucky.

Florida may suck but they suck a lot less than Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Cincinnati et.al. I note that Florida has the same number of national titles since the playoff series as Ohio State. No other team from your conference has won one. Where is powerful Michigan? Michigan State? Penn State? Where are they Borden. Now where is the Big 12 (or what ever is left over)? Texas 1.

Every day in Knoxville is long for Kentucky. Every day in the SEC for Kentucky is long as the SEC is the best damned football conference known to man. However, the Indiana days in Columbus, OH is very shot. Ohio State shows up and Indiana gets back on the bus! :D

When was the last time the Big 12 or Big Ten won a title? https://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

The SEC totally dominates the national titles. Why Borden, Why? So you are telling a Kansas fan that somehow Kansas has a tougher road in an also-ran conference than Kentucky in the SEC? Shit Indiana has a very easy road in the Big Ten compared to Kentucky in the SEC.

Why are you so upset about Kansas possibly having a good football team this year? They haven’t padded their record with “easy” wins like you claim either. WVU is 2-2 and KU beat them on the road. Houston is 2-2 but they’re coming off a 12-2 season so you know they have talent and KU beat them on the road. Duke was 3-1 but their wins were against east opponents and they sucked as well last year. KU isn’t close to UK’s level in football yet. UK has recruited at a very high level for the last 5 years or so to build the program they have in football right now. Hopefully KU can build upon a good season this year.

Why are you so upset about Kansas possibly having a good football team this year? They haven’t padded their record with “easy” wins like you claim either. WVU is 2-2 and KU beat them on the road. Houston is 2-2 but they’re coming off a 12-2 season so you know they have talent and KU beat them on the road. Duke was 3-1 but their wins were against east opponents and they sucked as well last year. KU isn’t close to UK’s level in football yet. UK has recruited at a very high level for the last 5 years or so to build the program they have in football right now. Hopefully KU can build upon a good season this year.
Hey Big C KU, I am not upset about Kansas having a decent football team.

Hell I don't recall ever watching a Kansas football game in my life, so I don't know Kansas football from jack poopy doo. But, your buddies, whom you are defending, are pissed off that UK is decent for a change.

Borden and Exit are attacking Kentucky when neither of their programs at the moment or in the last decade or better can hold Kentucky's jock strap. And in the process they degrade a Florida team that has WON two national titles on the field.

WVU and Houston at 2-2 are good? Okay I will take your word for it. They may be good but they are not at the level of Florida good. You and they can build up WVU, Kansas, Indiana, Duke and Houston but please give me a break. Not only are those teams Florida good, they are not LSU or Ole Miss good.

I will take a road win for Kentucky at Gainesville, FL every day over a Kansas win over Houston and WVU. Sorry. Call me when any of them win a couple national titles and I will then retract my comments.

Kentucky is going into the meat grinder of the SEC football schedule. That is rough. Kansas and Indiana football teams have never had that experience. Sorry. Hell Kentucky can lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks because they have to play good teams, not WVU and Houston type teams.

you 100% missed the point here bert----It seems you always have to piss on someone's parade. I mean its ok to be happy for others, and their teams success. For instance----I absolutely love it that UK is killing it in football. Especially for my brother---he's a UK lifer. Loves UK football about as much as he does hoops. So its awesome to see him finally getting to see UK put such a good, competitive product on the field...I dont remind him of how bad they were for years----how UK was always someone's homecoming game. Nope----i congragulate him---happy for him.

its ok to do so. Those who cannot do that are in some form, very insecure. Or scared that said team is gonna steal some of their thunder....Just enjoy the vride UK football is giving you now---b/c not along ago, Bert, UK was KU.

I couldn't care less what the sec does. You're not telling me breaking news, brother. I'm well aware the sec is the premier football conference....I'm well aware the sec has won 5 of the 8 cfp titles---bama(3), lsu and now uga...You bringing that up reaks of insecurity. plus its totally irrelevant to the discussion.

where dis i say ku has a tougher sled? i didn't. i wouldn't say that b/c i fukin know its a fukin ignorant ass thing to say....

I wouldn't be so quick to say IU has an easier road. Indiana has to play Michigan, Penn St, OSU and MSU every year....In other words, IU has to play the b10's best team/teams every year. As for UK, you guys play bama like once every 6 years...and your in the east....which isnt close to the west. So outside of the annual game with UGA, UK isn't having to face the sec best TEAMS, every year----but IU does.

2021 UK played #1 UGA and #10 Florida.. IU played #4 Penn State, #10 MSU, #5 OSU, #7 Michigan, and #18 Iowa(crossover game). Yeah, much easier road for IU....

As for IU/UK series? UK dominated the later years----but IU still leads the all-time series, 18-17. In other words, UK has a losing record versus arguably one of the worst , if not worst, P5 programs of all-time. Put that in your pipe, and smoke it...

It wouldn't hurt to just show some humility every once in a while----instead of acting like UK has been some perennial Top 10 program. After all, UK isn't all that far removed from being the SEC doormat they once were---and were so for quite some time..

KU's 4-0 and I don't care if that's all they win. I got my $300 and Kansas has found themselves a coach.
.. dunno if they'll be able to keep him, but what I do know is -
I haven't seen Kansas Jayhawk men lose since, like, February 29 (don't look it up, Nerd) and they have a new, shiny trophy to flaunt.

Note to the poors,
It does not suck.

Edit* Note- I love KU Football, I want them to win all the games; but it's really just gravy, baby.

Last edited:
Borden and Exit are attacking Kentucky when neither of their programs at the moment or in the last decade or better can hold Kentucky's jock strap. And in the process they degrade a Florida team that has WON two national titles on the field.
Where did i "attack", UK? Quit being so sensitive---I never attacked UK, bert---unless you call, calling UK really, really good, "attacking them"?

So what UF won a national title 15 fuking years ago----that has no relevance to right now; and you and I both know UF is nowhere near what they used to be...Spurrier and Urban ain't roaming the sidelines in gainesville anymore. florida has went through 7 head coaches since Urban left for Ohio State. Seven, dude....Not good, Bert. I mean florida has never made the cfp----Never. Haven't played for a national title since 2008....Hell, they haven't really, even been in the discussion since 2008..played in three sec title games since Urban left---lost all three.

S look, if this conversation was taking place in the early 2000's--you'd have one hell of an argument with florida. but its not, and therefore your argument is shit when pertaining to florida...UK is pretty damn good, no doubt. But if you wanna swing your dick on beating the current last place team in the East(0-2), then by all means bert, swing away...

Hey Big C KU, I am not upset about Kansas having a decent football team.

Hell I don't recall ever watching a Kansas football game in my life, so I don't know Kansas football from jack poopy doo. But, your buddies, whom you are defending, are pissed off that UK is decent for a change.

WVU and Houston at 2-2 are good? Okay I will take your word for it. They may be good but they are not at the level of Florida good. You and they can build up WVU, Kansas, Indiana, Duke and Houston but please give me a break. Not only are those teams Florida good, they are not LSU or Ole Miss good.

I will take a road win for Kentucky at Gainesville, FL every day over a Kansas win over Houston and WVU. Sorry. Call me when any of them win a couple national titles and I will then retract my comments.

Kentucky is going into the meat grinder of the SEC football schedule. That is rough. Kansas and Indiana football teams have never had that experience. Sorry. Hell Kentucky can lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks because they have to play good teams, not WVU and Houston type teams.

When I say “not easy wins” I’m meaning in regards to KU’s level in previous seasons. I consider easy wins playing multiple FCS schools or average or worse non-P5 schools. Those are easy wins for a decent P5 school. KU has struggled just to win a game or 2 against FCS schools and non-P5 schools for the last 13 years. So to be 4-0 with 2/4 wins vs P5 schools (who both beat KU last year) and another vs a team that went 12-2 last year we’re feeling pretty good to already have the most wins for KU since 2009. This thread doesn’t need this “well it doesn’t matter because you don’t play in the SEC” attitude. Everyone knows SEC has been on a whole other level from the other conferences for the last 15-20 years. That’s not something that shocks anyone.

KU's 4-0 and I don't care if that's all they win. I got my $300 and Kansas has found themselves a coach.
.. dunno if they'll be able to keep him, but what I do know is -
I haven't seen Kansas Jayhawk men lose since, like, February 29 (don't look it up, Nerd) and they have a new, shiny trophy to flaunt.

Note to the poors,
It does not suck.

Edit* Note- I love KU Football, I want them to win all the games; but it's really just gravy, baby.
I wish my birthday was on Feb 29 so instead of being 44 I would only be 11.

Kentucky is going into the meat grinder of the SEC football schedule. That is rough. Kansas and Indiana football teams have never had that experience.

Never had that experience? Oklahoma is a top 5 program all time. Texas top 10 all time. They used to play Nebraska every year. Also top 10 all time. All three are traditionally better than any SEC team other than Bama. Since we’re discussing ancient history and all.

4 of KU’s remaining 8 games are against ranked teams. Plus a Texas team that played Alabama to within one point with a backup QB.

Please quit acting like Alabama’s accomplishments are your own. 🤣

We are going to find out what Kentucky is made of next Saturday.
Rodriguez is certainly going to help. Its going to be a tough game to win. UK's oline worries me. Too many sacs, broken assignments in the running game. Levi has been doing great, regardless of the sacs. C-Rod will pick up extra yardage with his power alone. Ole Miss favored 5.5.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Never had that experience? Oklahoma is a top 5 program all time. Texas top 10 all time. They used to play Nebraska every year. Also top 10 all time. All three are traditionally better than any SEC team other than Bama. Since we’re discussing ancient history and all.

4 of KU’s remaining 8 games are against ranked teams. Plus a Texas team that played Alabama to within one point with a backup QB.

Please quit acting like Alabama’s accomplishments are your own. 🤣
Oh my.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I wouldn't be so quick to say IU has an easier road. Indiana has to play Michigan, Penn St, OSU and MSU every year....In other words, IU has to play the b10's best team/teams every year. As for UK, you guys play bama like once every 6 years...and your in the east....which isnt close to the west. So outside of the annual game with UGA, UK isn't having to face the sec best TEAMS, every year----but IU does.
There is a big difference ranking and winning. Sorry Borden.

Georgia beat Michigan darned near as bad as they beat up Kentucky, and Kentucky did not get close to winning the SEC and Georgia came in second.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT