ADVERTISEMENT

GITT and tell me why Virginia shouldn't be ranked #1

Of course I am only going this far in order to jinx them. They will undoubtedly lose at Syracuse this weekend now. For sure. All we need is for @WojoRising to put UVA down as a lock and the juju will be complete.

I predicted a UVA loss to Syracuse in another thread.

You'd be surprised at how many people in this thread probably couldn't have figured that out for themselves. I'm just trying to help the people.

My salesman from the next office saw that look and said
Dear God, what did ol' Gil say now?
RollLaugh

Reactions: jhmossy
This is a coward's shot at Duke. Duke is a good team and had always had success vs Virginia albeit in ugly fashion. For UVA to go into Cameron and win a game that Duke needed more than they did says a lot. Plus, I am going by a lot more than just that one game. They are 10-0 in the ACC and have only lost one game on the road vs WVU. The majority of their wins were never in question and they have THE better win on their resume vs Villanova and Purdue's best win and their only loss is a better loss than Villanova's and Purdue has two losses and more close games.

I mean who has Duke actually beaten this year? Their best win by far is a 7 point win over MSU on a neutral court. Rutgers was able to take MSU into OT in East Lansing and a pretty average Michigan team beat them by double digits in East Lansing. So no I don't think Duke is a legit top 5 team and I don't think UVA squeaking out a win in Cameron means as much as you think it does.

That said, I can't really argue that UVA isn't the best team in the country, but I can't really argue that Nova isn't either.

I mean who has Duke actually beaten this year? Their best win by far is a 7 point win over MSU on a neutral court. Rutgers was able to take MSU into OT in East Lansing and a pretty average Michigan team beat them by double digits in East Lansing. So no I don't think Duke is a legit top 5 team and I don't think UVA squeaking out a win in Cameron means as much as you think it does.

That said, I can't really argue that UVA isn't the best team in the country, but I can't really argue that Nova isn't either.
So you are just taking the opportunity to take a shot at Duke while admitting you have no argument against the topic of the thread.

This thread is not about Duke and AGAIN, that game is just ONE example.

Do you want to argue about any other case I have made for Virgina, or is your only interest in joining the conversation just to be a dumabass about Duke?

So you are just taking the opportunity to take a shot at Duke while admitting you have no argument against the topic of the thread.

This thread is not about Duke and AGAIN, that game is just ONE example.

Do you want to argue about any other case I have made for Virgina, or is your only interest in joining the conversation just to be a dumabass about Duke?

Mostly I can't argue with your reasoning, I've already said no way could I argue that UVA isn't the best team in the country at the moment, but " cause they won at Duke" isn't the greatest argument imo. I wish we could have UVA and Nova meet on a neutral floor this week to settle this.

Mostly I can't argue with your reasoning, I've already said no way could I argue that UVA isn't the best team in the country at the moment, but " cause they won at Duke" isn't the greatest argument imo. I wish we could have UVA and Nova meet on a neutral floor this week to settle this.
Errr. I am going to respond one more time then I am done with this guy.

You ignorantly put something into quotes that was never said or made to be the basis of the argument. What was said is that a win at Duke is better than any win Nova has. Nothing was said to make this conversation about Duke. If you can give us a win that Nova has that is better than Virginia's win at Duke, go ahead. But no matter how overrated you think Duke is, this thread is not about Duke.

Too bad the UVA-Villanova home-and-home was only for two seasons. There was thread on the VU board in the past couple weeks which mentioned that UVA "won" the secret scrimmage they played prior to this season. There was zero written up about after it took place except a single Tweet from Jay Wright.

Because they're going to lose to Syracuse tomorrow

6XZzfSS.gif

Reactions: KisteK and brooky03
St. John's should be number one, undefeated against the ACC and they beat Duke .

Reactions: willrocks4
Virginia can't score. That's why. Need a top 10 offense to win it all (historically). They are 33rd per Kenpom.

So we shouldn't be #1 in the current polls because you need a top 10 offense to win it all (historically)? That makes a lot of sense.

UVA is also 7th in the country in scoring margin. We can win games even when we "can't score".

Also, are you looking at offenses before the tourney starts or after the tourney concludes? Typically, teams that win the championship increase their offensive efficiency during the tourney so I'm not sure how useful that statistic is anyways.

So we shouldn't be #1 in the current polls because you need a top 7 offense to win it all (historically)? That makes a lot of sense.

Also, are you looking at offenses before the tourney starts or after the tourney concludes? Typically, teams that win the championship increase their offensive efficiency during the tourney so I'm not sure how useful that statistic is anyways.
I'm sure there is movement in the tournament, but I highly doubt it would go from low 30's to the top 7 for you guys. That would be epic.

Also, I was just making an argument for arguments sake. Since that's what the thread title was asking us to do.

I'm sure there is movement in the tournament, but I highly doubt it would go from low 30's to the top 7 for you guys. That would be epic.

Also, I was just making an argument for arguments sake. Since that's what the thread title was asking us to do.

Of course that article doesn't provide the offenses of the teams prior to the start of the tourney. That would be more useful information. I'm too lazy to go back and look each one up.

I still don't think your argument makes sense for why we shouldn't be #1 right now. But it doesn't really matter to me.

Most of the country wants to see Villanova versus UVA for the championship. It's Best Offense versus Best Defense. An unstoppable force versus an immovable wall. It's that damn second round that keeps preventing both of us from making it there!
18 total people would watch that game.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I've been a UVA fan since my first year in 2000. This game was just so typical UVA.

Sorry but can't help but laugh. Nova left the the #1 ranking on a platter for Purdue and Virginia (2 teams starving to be #1) and failed to snatch it.

Oh college basketball how I love thee.

You guys just had an off night. We tried to give it away. We will still find a way to be on the bubble.

Nah you guys outplayed and out hustled us ever since we took that 13-5 lead. If VT plays defense like that every game, you wouldn't have to worry about the bubble. Congrats on the win.

Reactions: champ289
I think Nova gets the East. UVA would be #1 seed in the South (Charlotte and then Atlanta)

You’re right. Makes much more sense. Will only be interesting if Duke finds a way to get past UVa in ACC tourney.

The others are: Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas

ADVERTISEMENT