ADVERTISEMENT

Gillespie

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Pretty big loss for 'Nova. If you were watching it definitely looked bad (knee) and they think it's pretty bad. That team looks a lot different without him.

Last edited:
Man. Hate to hear that. These kids work so hard. But yeah, that’s a game changer for them.

I didn't see it, but Wright said it was serious. They won't know how serious until the MRI tomorrow, but it sounds like he probably tore some ligaments.

Wright was pretty despondent post game, it does not look good. A real shame for a senior on senior night (his parents crying in the stands was tough). Kid has exceeded all expectations from when he was recruited... If he is done, he will only have played in 2 NCAA's. missing last year with Covid and potentially this year- sucks for a such a tough kid.

Helluva a career though, 3 regular season and 2 (only have had 2 so far) BE Tournament Championships and of course he was a role player on the 2018 championship team..

Nova will struggle to get out of the 1st weekend without him IMO.

Huge loss for Villanova and all of college basketball. Justin Moore is probably going to take over the ballhandling duties. But, with a team that already has limited depth, I'm not sure how well they can do with the absence of Gillespie. What a terrible way to potentially end your career.

I hate it for the kid. Any news? Maybe if it’s not too serious he could decide to come back and be ready in the fall since the NCAA is giving an extra year. Ideally he comes back this year but based on everything I’ve read that doesn’t look likely.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I hate it for the kid. Any news? Maybe if it’s not too serious he could decide to come back and be ready in the fall since the NCAA is giving an extra year. Ideally he comes back this year but based on everything I’ve read that doesn’t look likely.
He’s done for the year unfortunately.

Kentucky_Gillispie2_colo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Moore also went down and likely out for the March Madness for Villanova. This is brutal for them, going from a final four candidate to likely 1st round exit.

ADVERTISEMENT