ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia

Its actually comical how bad we're playing. I can't believe we're in this game. Should be down 20+
I can....For one, UK is tough,and good. Secondly, A&M was 1-22 from three. THey entered the game as the top 3 point shooting team in the SEC. And certainly didn't help themselves at the line either; 5-14.

If either team shoots as they are capable, this is a blowout..

No idea how they won that game. Only came a point away from covering the spread too.
Toughness. UK always seems to make the big plays at the end. Neither team played well, TBH. A&M shot 1-22 from three....Thats insane, considering they lead the SEC in 3 point shooting.

Difference is, in these type of games, UK usually has one or two guys who can make winning plays. Especially with the gap in talent. You have to bury UK, and even then, they are gonna battle.

Told the wifey,at halftime---Very fortunate to only be down 5. No worries. I felt even when TAM pushed it back to 7, you could see they were scrambling for almost everything, that UK was gonna be just fine. Cats offense was just fine---just didn't make shots. Defensively,they were really good, and made TAM take contested shots.

Good win....But holy smokes---play like this Saturday, and will get ugly.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Toughness. UK always seems to make the big plays at the end. Neither team played well, TBH. A&M shot 1-22 from three....Thats insane, considering they lead the SEC in 3 point shooting.

Difference is, in these type of games, UK usually has one or two guys who can make winning plays. Especially with the gap in talent. You have to bury UK, and even then, they are gonna battle.

Told the wifey,at halftime---Very fortunate to only be down 5. No worries. I felt even when TAM pushed it back to 7, you could see they were scrambling for almost everything, that UK was gonna be just fine. Cats offense was just fine---just didn't make shots. Defensively,they were really good, and made TAM take contested shots.

Au will embarrass us if we play like this on Saturday.

I do love the scrap though.

It seemed like Wheeler had some big money on A&M, and if he did... he covered the spread. 😆

Au will embarrass us if we play like this on Saturday.

I do love the scrap though.
100% agree. If UK of tonight shows up @ Auburn----they will get embarrassed. LIke UT embarrassed level. Now with that being said---UK beat a pretty good TAM, in a very rowdy wnvironment....BUT----AM shooting 1-22 was huge. THose dudes entered the game as the best shooting team from 3 in the SEC.....If they shoot just 30%, they win by 10+...Hell if either team shoots worth a ****, they smashed the other. Certainly not a game you wanna use as a shooting drill....JFC. I'm for certain the rims had to be replaced tonight----those mudderfudckers have to bent up as ****...

He hit some big shots, which is rare for him, but it probably didn't make up for all his giveaways.
THe two three's were HUGE....Biggest play might have been the bucket at the halftime buzzer.

Kentucky is who they are----just gonna fight you. And 90% of the time, they have studs who make winning plays at the end. TAM just didn't have that guy. PLus, they took some horrid shots....BUt IMO,a lot of that was due to UK's h/c defense. They contested alost every three---Which is why I think UK slowed it down. THe only open looks AM got were in transition.

A win is a win, is a win.....

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
THe two three's were HUGE....Biggest play might have been the bucket at the halftime buzzer.

Kentucky is who they are----just gonna fight you. And 90% of the time, they have studs who make winning plays at the end. TAM just didn't have that guy. PLus, they took some horrid shots....BUt IMO,a lot of that was due to UK's h/c defense. They contested alost every three---Which is why I think UK slowed it down. THe only open looks AM got were in transition.

A win is a win, is a win.....
Yessir, take the dub and move on. Still can't believe they escaped victorious. My eyes are still bleeding. Went from playing their best game of the season to their worst in the span of 4 days.

Yessir, take the dub and move on. Still can't believe they escaped victorious. My eyes are still bleeding. Went from playing their best game of the season to their worst in the span of 4 days.
That game was fukin ugly on both sides. If either team shoots worth a ****, its a blowout. UK shoots their norm----blow out....TAM shoots their norm----even bigger blow out. Both were fortunate they didn't get their shit packed in. TAM is a good fukin basktball team. A lot better defensively than I thought. BUt my goodness------1 for ****ing 22 from three? JFC.

A&M shot bad but lets not act like UK shot great. 4 of 12 from 3 and 18 of 26 from the foul line isn't great by any means. In fact, its quite below average for UK in both categories.

Uga is terrible. Kentucky and Auburn both have starters that played at uga last year as well. Ole miss also has ***ans from there. Dayton has another starter from uga. 4 of the 5 uga starters from last season now play elsewhere

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
TAMU was tough defensively and they fought hard. Both teams scrapped hard. That's what you have to do in a game like this. Another white out, another superbowl. I loved the fight my team had in such a hostile environment. TAMU played harder than any team UK has faced this year.

Cal took the blame for Wheeler, stating he didn't prepare him well enough. The second half they adjusted and started passing to the wings and middle instead of drive penetration. TAMU was swarming on Wheeler as soon as he got across the half court line.

I was proud of my team as they stayed the course and pulled out a tough win. Best win of the year IMO.

TAMU was tough defensively and they fought hard. Both teams scrapped hard. That's what you have to do in a game like this. Another white out, another superbowl. I loved the fight my team had in such a hostile environment. TAMU played harder than any team UK has faced this year.

Cal took the blame for Wheeler, stating he didn't prepare him well enough. The second half they adjusted and started passing to the wings and middle instead of drive penetration. TAMU was swarming on Wheeler as soon as he got across the half court line.

I was proud of my team as they stayed the course and pulled out a tough win. Best win of the year IMO.
I am glad UK won myself

A&M 1-22 from 3 and 35% from the line, I don’t care who you are, you should never win with those stats. That is unless you are playing us, we’re horrible.
UK wasn't much better, 4-18, and Wheeler was racking up the assists for A&M.

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT