Georgia players talk about motivation for Sugar Bowl.

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by VaultHunter, May 4, 2019.

1. ugafish

ugafish Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

But you already tried to make that terrible point more than once.

2. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No it not a terrible point. BYU should have forfeitted too. They didn't but lost. Nobidy caresw BYU lost. I know I don't particularly care but they were demonstrably humiliated by Texas A&M. So was Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (Utah, 2009) and that's another bowl that the lame excuse "we didn't want go be there" cane. In. Sorry but buying it. Sugar Bowl arguably is the best bowl (other than maybe the Rose) any team can qualify to. Quit telling people you didn't care play to win or forfeit. Or don't accept the invitation. You do have those options you know? BYU lost 65-14. I doubt anyone really cares why they were beaten.

482 collegefbfan2017, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  3. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Because you don’t understand as you were a non athlete

4. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I played until I was seriously injured. Fractured my left tibia. I wasn't very good but I wasn't completely terrible and I'm willing to bet I know more about the workings of college athletics than you might admit to. No I never played in college. I didn't have the ability. I probably couldn't have played even if I had wanted to but yes you are right. But I don't remember players quitting. Not like you are suggesting. That doesn't happen, Bud. If it does then you have a serious problem that a playoff isn't going to fix .
    Understand ? I've given you do many options Any of which
    Are superior to a playoff I should get a medal.

5. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What exactly did our 1st round pick cb do then?

6. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Not sure I care. Did he quit? Great example to follow, he would have done that anyway, it wouldn't have mattered if the format were single-elimination. And by the way, the last time I checked the guys not on the field regardless of who they are (or what position they play) really can't do much to help their team-mates. They suck. I wouldn't want them there, if I was on a team, you know what they are? A distraction. I don't care if they played every down and gave 100% on every play, if they're not willing to play to the last whistle, they suck. And again, I don't really care what the excuse is. Are you talking about #15? He wasn't a cb, he was a DE, and he had an adequate backup. Actually not a backup he arguble might have been BETTER. You want to know why?
    Recruiting. and if it meant giving up a redshirt that's even MORE reason why those guys should play the season out. Nothing you say changes my opinion at all. But please, keep making up stupid excuses that make no sense at all.

it wouldn't be the SEC if they didn't have a lame excuse handy.

7. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is still going? Lol....

8. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Yeah, apparently for a game to count a team has to be motivated and if they're not motivated they aren't counting it. It defies conventional wisdom but apparently we have to survey players (after they lose, mind you) whether or not they were sufficiently motivated to win. Not before, because apparently there's a difference in how motivation applies. Of course its' a ridiculous argument. Assuming there weren't any motivation Georgia could have stonewalled. They could have sent their C team in. Of course the irony to THAT is that even if they HAD (or their pep squad) still counts. As if EVERY varsity letterman were healthy and motivated, as if they sent their pep squad in to play. That's how weak an argument the motivation factor is. If they weren't motivated they should have forfeitted and yes that's an option. There was a game between Boston College and Boise St forfeitted.

9. Texus

Texus Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Link?

10. Texus

Texus Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

“This is going to be one of the biggest games of our career, that’s how we feel,” UGA senior linebacker Juwan Taylor said. “It’s a statement game, we play to a standard here, and that’s what it is, and that’s what it’s going to be.”

11. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol. Yep. Ya caught em'.

12. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

BYU couldn't motivate for Texas A&M? That's preposterous. That's the point I'm making. Whatever excuse they might have isn't going to justify the loss.

13. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Did you miss all of those UGA player tweets during the playoffs about the playoffs?

14. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You already responded to that post earlier. Why must you respond to the same post numerous times, sometimes weeks apart? No one else does it.

15. mkuwonder

mkuwonder Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

#facts...if your players aren't motivated to win then the blame is all on the coaches.. Georgia definitely was motivated but they just ran into a Texas team they thought was gonna be easily dominated

16. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s Kirby’s fault for raising the expectations too high too quickly. He created the problem we saw in 2017.

17. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

My post it remains any excuse being tendered is insufficient to justify the loss. I saw through the lame excuse. It was an attempt to blame it on the CFP for not including Georgia among the title contenders. If they had then I suppose maybe Georgia might have been more adequately prepared but it really isn't justification and I think even the people who use that excuse deep down know why it's not. It's actually sad.
    They have to invent a reason for 'wanting to be there'. Am I alone in thinking that's a ridiculous reason to lose a competition? We didn't want to be there'. Ok. Forfeit. Don't suit up and don't waste our time. I'm not interested in why you lost. I doubt anyone else is, either
    But I'm a fair guy. Use FPI. I'm down with that. There's still a serious problem.. it doesn't erase Georgia's loss to Alabama and therefore would have prohibited a championship including Georgia. It might validste Georgia losing to Texas since winning wouldn't necessarily have changed anything substantially relative to the ranking.
    It stilld address their excuse for having lost. Which I think is good. I'm tired if hearing lame excuses.
    I said you could play the pep squad in place of every player and the result would STILL count the same. Because this isn't professional football.
    Thank GOD! If you lost because your team sucks ass for any reason, that's too bad. FlI tenders that excuse irrelevant you STILL aren't a championship team and nobody cares why you were beaten.

18. MajorWarren

MajorWarren Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And nobody cares what you are tired of!

19. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Quit making excuses for losing and I'll disappear forever How's that for motivation ? Those excuses don't wash anyway. Championship teams don't make excuses. It simply proves in every circumstance it's applied like against Utah, Alabama was a pitiful excuse for a football team. IMO. You don't gave to justify a win or pretend a loss isn't relevant. That's what losers do not champions. That's stupid. To make a reason for losing is what a loser does. Not a champion. Champions don't quit. They play through the final whistle and accept the result as a fair reflection of they're effort and if their effort was insufficient to claim a championship they live with it no excuses.

20. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

RollLaugh

21. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Let me know when you find someone making excuses for Bama’s loss to Utah! Why wait, you add nothing meaningful to the discussion on this board.

22. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I don't care what the excuse is. Andre Smith wasn't suited up there you go! Instant excuse. My point is a championship team makes adjustments and does their best to fight through adversity. @ugafish says every starter had go be motivated healthy and prepared But I guess we have to query every one to find out if they were or weren't. Or we don't count the result. Bullshit. Utah won. I don't care if it was the Alabama pep squad suited up instead if the football team.

23. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You seem to be the only one making excuses not Bama fans. You truly are mentally challenged!

24. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

All I heard were excuses The funny part is people are waking up to the fact that SEC trans are underhanded. They cheat. It's sad. I think having a recruiting advantage us a form of cheating but whatever teams will prepare and will win and then you will break out a can of lame excuses as per usual. With the advantages you gave you should actually be ashamed for losing to Utah. But if you aren't whatever I'm tired of hearing the
    excuses. I doubt I'm alone in that regard.

25. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Where are the excuses, other than the ones you are dreaming up in that delusional mind, what little there is, of yours?

26. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Like I said if a team has to invvent a reason for not having tried they aren't cut from whole cloth but are an impostor to the throne. IMHO.

27. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If Kirby wanted to ensure his team was excited about that Sugar Bowl, he should have made sure his 2017 team sucked ass like Texas did.

507 ugafish, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  28. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you even read your own posts? Because I don't see how someone could write some of this stuff and think "ok, yeah that sounds good."

You are basically saying teams that did better the prior year aren't motivated for any bowl game. Which is ridiculous. Either the players weren't motivated and Kirby isn't that good of a coach, or they were motivated and Texas was simply better. Which poison do you choose?

29. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

What's that,? An expanded playoff? Enter St your own risk. You guys free not understand how it would work. Remember 2008? Utah was seeded #7 but was actually the ninth team represented to the championship. Which means an eight team championship might in fact exclude Utah entirely.
    yad it clearly would have. Cincinnati.

30. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

First Unless You Oblige

31. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Facts and logic have a way of supporting my posts, so they aren’t as bad as you claim.

The human psyche is both very complicated and simple at the same time, but it shouldn’t be so far above your level of understanding.

I am not basically saying that.

Your first poison choice is a false choice.

32. Zgeo

Zgeo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This thread is like the Democrats still being in denial that Trump beat Hillary, thedawgs just can’t accept the fact that the whornes spanked them like a Russian Fitness model..see other thread...

stronghammer likes this.
  33. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

34. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

So what is your role in this? The sooner who is still angry about uga beating down that sooner team in 2017.

35. Zgeo

Zgeo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No I just see the poetic similarity in the whornes spanking Georgia and the Russian Fitness Models spanking contest.....see other thread you may understand then....

36. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Surely there is a Russian fitness model who represents the sooners vs uga in the rose bowl.

37. Zgeo

Zgeo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

We can always hope...

38. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And she would not like coming across the uga one because it would be painful

39. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

College kids don't have to be given a reason to play. Whether or not they had sufficient reason to be there they should have been prepared.
    Tired if hearing why they lost. I saw the game. Or at least the last I cared about. It looked to me like the better team won. That's what I saw. Call it whatever you want. I don't think a lame excuse is a fair explanation for losing my a football game. Go ahead and try. Maybe it will stick. But if thats where we are as a society these days there's pretty sad. Leave it all on the field . I'm nit interested in hearing why you lost. I saw the game and it was so pathetic a team effort I probably (if I could) called it at halftime. For Texas. I never saw the second half. I'm not sure I want to. The champion as best as I can tell was Texas.
    Here's what my coach might have asked, though as far as the whole justication argument you seem to think matters might be.
    Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

40. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

If he quit that's too bad. It doesn't matter. Players should play yo win. If they can't then I expect someone be else can play in his place. I think that's supposed to be a part of how a team is selected. Notwithstanding all of that they put in the players who are most interested in winning a championship. That doesn't change if they're removed from it. You put your best foot forward in all cases. Otherwise why bother playing at all? Quit.