Georgia players talk about motivation for Sugar Bowl.

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by VaultHunter, May 4, 2019.

1. Jennerpeach41

Jennerpeach41 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

2. collegefbfan2017

collegefbfan2017 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Knock it off. You don't add anything I consider relevant to anything, ever. In fact if I put you on ignore I would probably be the smarter for it.

3. stronghammer

stronghammer Well-Known Member
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Is this you after the sugar bowl ?
    [​IMG]

4. ugafish

ugafish Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I expected to lose the game because our players werent focused on Texas.

5. MajorWarren

MajorWarren Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

YOU talking about somebody not adding something relevant to this board! That is one of the funniest things ever.

MKOTiger, DTP2 and Jennerpeach41 like this.
  6. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Yeah I guess inventing s mathematical diametric against which a national title is measured (quantified) heretofore not utilized but particularly relevant to a position either for or against any title claim to a measure previously impossible or at least unnavigable isn't relevant to any thing in particular, either.
    Give me a break. It's quite possibly the MOST relevant thing ANYONE this side of Albert Einstein has done. In complete candir it's sad really that your lack of appreciation runs as deep as it does. Pathetic more than sad, really. Show me your treatise on the same subject. Let me know how yours fares.
    So I can compare. Seriously. If you've done anything relevant in comparisons I'd be interested in seeing the results. I'm sure so would a great deal if other people. I can outline mine is a way people can replicate it
    Without much difficulty. A result if years invested culminating in a ranking procedure.
    Second to none. I match it against anyone, anywhere anytime. I'm sure mine is the best.
    Or at least the simplest to apply. I'm proud if it. You asked for evidence I'm about to prove how idiotically stupid you are. But that's not incredibly hard to do. Yeah I'd say constructing a trestise against which a championship can be compared and calibrated says something about me in comparison to you. That I'm better. At least at taking something as convoluted as what you probably think matters and stirring it up.
    The proof as they say is in the pudding. I know what I'm doing is relevant. I'm not convinced anything you do is or ever was. Probably not.

7. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Have you consulted hereofor ESPN on the matter?

8. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

No. You will learn I have quite the credential. In fact I probably should select the teams but the reality is I'm glad I don't. I like how CFP is doing it and I'm also glad it excludes me. I have enough on my plate but I wasn't lying to you when I told you Mike Tranghese gave me some oversight over the BCS. As far as the implementation of it. I don't work for E.S P.N. but I helped coordinate it from an advisory position. Believe it or not.
    That ended after they implemented CFP.

9. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You are nuts! RollLaugh

Jennerpeach41 likes this.
  10. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And yet you haven’t provided one single piece of evidence I challenged you to provide. Instead of answering a simple question you continue to write novel after novel that doesn’t say anything.

Earth to nut job, no one cares what you think you have done!

11. stronghammer

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

FIFY

12. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I haven't provided evidence to what? I think you asked me how I know what I know. It isn't complicated. I've invested a fair amount of the me investigating it. You should be familiar with the procedure I employ. I think you are asking for a credential? I advised Mike Tranghese when he was an active commissioner. I believe at least some, maybe all, maybe none (I wasn't physically present) of my suggestions were given proper consideration, and while it's unlikely I actively put the position (BCS) in action, I was able to convince him it was the right operative to apply against the national title.
    If you want specific information, I can supply it. My role simply was as an advisor. But I'm pretty sure that forestalled initiation of CFP.

13. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

More proof you are either a loon or you can’t read. I said very clearly, in multiple posts, to provide proof that any universally recognized sports outlet or sports publication has agreed to any of this made up bullshit you keep spewing such as last year there were multiple champions or that what happened in the past determines the current champion or that last year’s Sugar Bowl was a championship game or...

14. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Again I don't appreciate the sarcasm. I can read. I know a few things, admittedly only a few but sufficient to weigh providentially to my favor. I learned things as a result of investing myself in my chosen field of study. This is where I've chosen to apply my academics. What I've learned therefore is exhibited in what I post. I think I've done at least an adequate job explaining my position. I'm sorry if anything I post is offensive it insensitive. But I'm not trying necessarily to win an argument. I'm trying to prove a thesis. I doubt you know what I'm talking about but that is all I'm doing. Proving a thesis I've been developing over time.
    I find it incredible you would even pretend to know anything about it. But maybe you do.

I think I answered that didn't I? I didn't specify Sports Reference as the governing authority? Pretty sure I did. It's kind if funny you are laying blame when all I'm doing is taking their results and taking them to a reasonable conclusion. I think that's noteworthy. My methodology. It's crazy to think simply because you have a contrasting opinion that's even relevant .

My whole objective is to remove opinion and personal bias from the paradigm of a championship. My whole intention is to make things as simple as possible for everyone. It doesn't have to agree with your slanted opinion. And so I'm not bothered much, maybe not at all if it doesn't. I'm not really interested in what your opinion is. Pro or con. You can keep it to yourself. I'm not trying to please anyone but myself.

15. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think my four year could follow directions better than you. Good thing you aren’t interested in my opinion of you because it isn’t much!

16. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

That's right I'm not interested and you can keep it to yourself from now on. TYVM. As far as your four-year-old I don't doubt she's smarter than you are.

17. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree she isn’t smarter than me but it sure seems she is smarter than you!

18. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Probably so buddy. Put her to work. We need smarter people in the world.

19. MKOTiger

MKOTiger Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

14,012 days and counting ...

stronghammer likes this.
  20. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Then why accept the invitation? If nobody wants to play they should simply resign. I think that would have been a reasonable resolution to the problem at hand. But I don't personally think that's what happened. I think what happened is Georgia was outmatched and therefore were vanquished.
    I don't think personally that Texas caught UGA napping but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion on this subject but why not play to win in every circumstance?

21. stronghammer

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

It's Friday - 14,015

MKOTiger likes this.
  22. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Yep I'll I've done is revolutionize it.

23. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Blue sky, grass, dumpster, fence, dog, cat, table, tennis ball, goggles, clock.

24. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

That's ok. Time as usual will prove me right. I'm not that worried. You are free to form your own opinion and present it as evidence to the contrary. But my issue isn't with Alabama. It never was and it never will be either. All I care about is due recognition. That's it. Kind of weird really how you interpret that to mean anything other than playing fairly.
    Why would you or anyone else want to claim a championship you didn't win? How is that going to remedy anything? Obviously it can't. So maybe you should worry less about me and focus on playing fairly? And I'm not suggesting you don't. I'm just saying don't blame me for other people's mistakes. They are responsible. It has nothing to do with me.

25. Texus

Texus Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

RollLaugh

26. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Nope there are many high schools that don't apply a playoff and I think are happy nit applying a playoff but do select treams. They don't apply a playoff because it's stupid. NFL utilizes one. Comparitivlrly that would require 96 teams. Or 48 each subdivision. Or approximately twice as many as are eligible now. To fill a bracket. You are going to watch all 95 games? Bullshit.
    Nobody will. And the NFL are idiots about it. No not every level of competitionn uses a playoff. Don't start lying to prove a bullshit lie. I'm sick of your lying bullshit. Everyone is.

27. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Most sports particularly amateur don't require one. Ever watch the Olympics. Mostly not playing although there are elimination games. That's the spirit if amateurism. If professionals want a championship (playoff) so be it. FCS is championship but they are also Division I.

28. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Your example of no playoffs necessary is the Olympics? And what does the FCS is a championship but they are also Division 1 suppose to mean?

29. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Its about using, not requiring. Olympic sports also utilize tournament style elimination rounds and heats. Only the best and fastest qualify for the championship round.

30. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

My suggestion therefore would be to utilize whatever format the Olympics require. Henceforth. They are (or St least should be) amateur. Are you following? Because I'd hate to see the commercialization (change to make money) at the expense of amateurism. It would be a tragedy. I'm read ng. Book right now about his the Olympics began utilizing professional athletes. It's become commercialized. What's the difference? Paid professionals now challenge. It's no longer about the best amateurs but the best professionals. They are paid and they are selling themselves. A product. It's still got appeal but it's no longer about being amateur.
    That's what you say amateur athletics require? I don't want professional athletes playing college football. Period.

31. CarolinaDawg1940

CarolinaDawg1940 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No. Dont believe any Georgia fan that says that.

32. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

It's simplym means we ALREADY have a playoff. I've been trying to explain that. I. division. I. We have championship. It's called FCS the championship subdivision. If or when that barrier is eliminated there song be any reason to separate the championship. In a way what you are promoting is a unified championship. Assuming it follows the NFL superstructure s I've indicated you will be includinga as many as 96 teams (48 per subdivision) or about twice as many as already participate in FCS. Crazy? No not really. That's what Mike Leach is asking for. More actually. Instead of 48 he wants 64 in each subdivision.

33. DTP2

DTP2 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

FBS has a four team playoff. FCS has a 24 team playoff. They are separate levels of competition. FBS>FCS. If FCS teams want to compete for the FBS title, they can move up. That said, neither the FBS, FCS, or a single D1 format requires the same percentage of playoff teams that the NFL. No one is arguing for 96 playoff teams in college football. And none of this is about the Olympics.

34. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

You tell me what 96/256 is. Same as 12/32. FCS isn't a lower division. It never was and it never will be, either. It's the SAME you should know better. In fact t decidedly MORE championships have been claimed at the FCS level and it's also the only chanpionship sanctioned by the NCAA. Any playoff would require they be united. It's time you put on big boy pants. I've outlined this repeatedly. Assuming you want go pursue the championship (playoff) route then you will (of necessity) include a FCS champion. Or face litigation. Simple as that. This isn't that different really than what the Civil War was about. A house divided against itself cannot stand. The laws won't allow it. FCS is NOT a lower level of competition. Division I includes FCS. Ask ANYONE. Like the other shit you blame ME for this isn't about ME. It never was. As far Z the Olympics it's clear to anyone who understands, it's it's changed from being a spectacle of amateurism to something completely different. Obvious to anyone who gas any sense. You are an IDIOT. Sorry you don't have a functioning elevator or a penthouse suite. Tough break. But it's not my problem. It's a big problem for you and I guess others who gave a similar detriment. But it's not MY problem. RETARD. I'd feel sympathy if you learned from your mistakes but you keep pressing forward without a clue. I gave little sympathy for you. Read be a book. It will do you good. Instead of watching television. I wish I had read moreas an adolescent. But I didn't to my detriment. But hrs nit go late to start a good habit. But if you refuse to then that's your problem. Decidedly so. But if you choose to remain ignorant that's on you. Ok.

474 collegefbfan2017, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  35. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yet the “playoff” format utilized remains the same.

36. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Great to know the FCS is not a lower level. Now people can stop bitching about P5 schools playing them! RollLaughRollLaugh

ImmaTiger likes this.
  37. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

Who cares? Quit with the lame excuses. Nobody cares if they weren't focused. I've still yet to watch the second half but it wasn't motivation . It was poor execution . If you see going to make an excuse at
    least get the lame excuse right. I saw the game. Even Georgia admitted they were motivated. You can't tell me they weren't motivated. They were. The coach says they were motivated. Let's pretend (and that's what a person necessarily has to do, pretend). That's on them! Do stupid the whole ,"we weren't motivated". Quit. Try that on for size. Ever hear the expression ',you should gave quit while you were ahead'? That's what you are describing. S scenario where you should have quit while you were ahead'. You didn't by get they option after you lose. You fo if you wait in advance. Not afterward. Which means in future 'we don't want to be there' scenatrios you don't go. Ok?
    You can't go and get the same treatment. That's cheating. Quit whole you are ahead. Or like O suggested petition the result. Fine with me.
    But the Sugar Bowl was won by Texas. Period. Pissed me off! Nobody wants to gear your lane excuses and I mean NOBODY.
    BYU pulled that card once. Didn't want to play Texas A&M in the 1990 Holiday Bowl. Lost 65-14. Maybe they should have prepared better but it taught them a valuable lesson. Never underestimate your opponent. Ever. They were vocal in thinking they were being undersold
    Just like you are saying about Texas. Understand? BYU thought they should be in a title game. Just like Georgia did. BYU lost.

477 collegefbfan2017, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    mkuwonder likes this.
  38. MajorWarren

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to see your less than meaningless bullshit!

39. ugafish

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Especially considering he likely previously responded to that post of mine a few times in May.

40. collegefbfan2017

Expand Collapse

I was simply telling you that BYU did the same thing. It was the year that Ty Detmer won a Heisman. In 1990. Hawaii was where he was when he won it and Hawaii took out they're frustration on him. Then BYU complained about their opponent. A very GOOD one. Texas A&M.