ADVERTISEMENT

********************Georgetown's Next Basketball Coach**************************

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Having a discussion about this now is fine. No way Ewing survives.

Brandin Knight, assistant at Rutgers. Coached under Dixon and Pikiell. Doesn’t get much better than that

Brandin Knight, assistant at Rutgers. Coached under Dixon and Pikiell. Doesn’t get much better than that

If they are going to go with an assistant for Rutgers, they should hire Hobbs. He was a huge part of what Jim Calhoun did at UConn and what Pikiell is doing at Rutgers now. Plus he has head coaching experience from his time at George Washington

Reactions: PA_Panther
I always think it's funny when an AD fires a coach like JTIII because they have expectations of much better results. JTIII didn't match the performance of his father, obviously. But, in his last 11 seasons, G'town was a 2 seed 3x (2007,2008,2013) and they were a 3 seed 2x (2010 & 2012). What would they give to have results anywhere near that quality? Ewing's ineptitude to run a program has set them back 10 years.

Closest parallel I can think of off the top of my head is Boston College and Al Skinner. They beat #1 UNC on the road in 2009. Made the tournament that year. He was fired a year later... They won tournament games 4 consecutive years (2004-2007). BC hasn't even sniffed the NCAA Tournament since Skinner was fired. They are now the bottom of the barrel among the P6 schools.

You can probably sit wherever you want

Hah I could definitely see that happening. Would love to get close to the Georgetown bench.

It's sad how far this program has fallen. They were offering free tickets to the public just last month.

Georgetown is up on Villanova 63-61 with less than 7 minutes left. Neptune should be fired if he loses this one!

Here's a link to the game.

Nova pulls it out.

Of course! Georgetown isn't used to the pressure of close games, not even on the losing end.

They had a chance to get the last shot for the win. Brandon Murray drove to the basket, he got stripped, and the ball ended up in the hands of Primo Spears. He did the exact same thing as Murray, driving the lane and getting stripped, except this time Nova got a fast break dunk out of it.

We might hear from him after replacing his broke phone/tv/pc.
lol, been more than a couple decades since I was invested enough in DePaul basketball to get upset enough to break stuff.

Nowadays I watch a couple games early in the season to determine just how bad they are and then I move on.

lol, been more than a couple decades since I was invested enough in DePaul basketball to get upset enough to break stuff.

Nowadays I watch a couple games early in the season to determine just how bad they are and then I move on.

You guys couldn't even win with Max Strus and Paul Reed.

Tempering any type of successful expectation is probably in your best interest.

LSU sucks this year, too. So, who are you even watching now?

you know me, I don't need to have a rooting interest to watch a game. I watch all the good games. I only follow DePaul and LSU if they're good.

And there's always some teams I end up liking and rooting for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT