ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown takes a big hit...

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh Fvck Georgetown

tenor.gif

Supposedly now they were "kicked" off the team instead of wanting to transfer...

These guys are good - where will they end up?
Akinjo could end up at Indiana. He was an IU target, and during his recruitment, mentioned how he liked the way Miller/Indiana, coached their guards. Gotta see what led to their transferring, dismissal, I would assume.

Akinjo could end up at Indiana. He was an IU target, and during his recruitment, mentioned how he liked the way Miller/Indiana, coached their guards. Gotta see what led to their transferring, dismissal, I would assume.

He isn’t coming to IU looks to be a bad situation involving some threats and a burglary

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Looks like Akinjo may not be involved in the shady stuff, though perhaps two players who were are still on the team.

Reactions: KisteK
I’d take ‘em. People already think Cuse is dirty and we do suck, so fvck it. I don’t care if they killed a guy.

This is my exact take for the Ravens. We already have a shitty reputation, go get a criminal to play LB. Teams feared us when we had a murderer at middle lb. Who gives a fvck, I want a dude who can ball and strike fear in other teams. The kicker and punter can be the choir boys.

When was the last time the bonafide star of a team transferred mid-season?

@dukedevilz this seems like a you question

To my knowledge, those players don't really exist. I'll try to look into that and see if I can hunt down some legitimate cases. There are plenty of stars that have been kicked off of a team (ie Austin Nichols at Virginia, or Esa Ahmad at WVU). The only really surprising mid-season transfer that comes to mind is Sam Cunliffe. He wasn't a bonafide star, mind you. But he started every game he played for Arizona State, averaging close to 10 points/5 rebounds.

So Akinjo and LeBlanc were kicked off the team. Possible that Gardner and Alexander will receive the same treatment. Let's not forget that Ewing kicked Antwan Walker off of the team last year (now at Rhode Island). The year before, he dismissed a Nigerian center from the team. It's curious as to whether Ewing has a short leash for players with questionable conduct, or if he's simply recruiting players that generally are not upstanding individuals.

Reactions: WojoRising
To my knowledge, those players don't really exist. I'll try to look into that and see if I can hunt down some legitimate cases. There are plenty of stars that have been kicked off of a team (ie Austin Nichols at Virginia, or Esa Ahmad at WVU). The only really surprising mid-season transfer that comes to mind is Sam Cunliffe. He wasn't a bonafide star, mind you. But he started every game he played for Arizona State, averaging close to 10 points/5 rebounds.

So Akinjo and LeBlanc were kicked off the team. Possible that Gardner and Alexander will receive the same treatment. Let's not forget that Ewing kicked Antwan Walker off of the team last year (now at Rhode Island). The year before, he dismissed a Nigerian center from the team. It's curious as to whether Ewing has a short leash for players with questionable conduct, or if he's simply recruiting players that generally are not upstanding individuals.

A few names came to my mind, but neither were stars. Josh Smith from UCLA to Georgetown and Larry Drew from UNC to UCLA.

A few names came to my mind, but neither were stars. Josh Smith from UCLA to Georgetown and Larry Drew from UNC to UCLA.

I thought about the Larry Drew one. That one seemed bizarre because he didn't leave UNC after the end of the semester - I think it was in February. Guess he didn't want to play second fiddle to Kendall Marshall.

I don't recall the specifics with Smith, but it seemed like he had a falling out with Howland and his role was diminished. It really is hard to think of a #1 or #2 guy for a notable team that left mid-season on his own accord.

LeBlanc was a regular on my D Kings 25c lineups last year. This news forces adjustments for more people than you think!

Was Akinjo kicked off the team? Again, it seems he hasn't been implicated in anything.

Was Akinjo kicked off the team? Again, it seems he hasn't been implicated in anything.
https://guhoyas.com/news/2019/12/3/mens-basketball-message-from-georgetown-athletics.aspx

Dear Hoya Basketball Supporter,

Many of you have been following recent news regarding our Men's Basketball Team. Yesterday, we announced that two students, James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc, will not be members of the team for the remainder of the season as they have expressed an interest in transferring from the University. Separately, allegations were reported publicly against three members of the team. The allegations do not involve James Akinjo.

Yeah, that's what I thought. People seem to keep implying he was kicked off the team.

sound like they are right up the Wardens alley at Nebraska. its how he built up ISU.

McClung finished with 33 points and G'town delivered Okie State their first loss of the season. Maybe losing Akinjo is addition by subtraction?

Reactions: Hoya1987
McClung keeps playing like that and he might finally get that Duke offer he's been wanting.

lol right?! I swear one of his friends/teammates posted multiple videos/threads on the Duke message board a few years ago. He may have blown his shot, though, with how poorly he played against us.

Reactions: tw3301
Georgetown went 2-0 without Akinjo this week - while handing Oklahoma State and SMU their first losses of the season. How this team progresses without JA really intrigues me.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT