ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Williams calls out Coach K

“IT WAS NEVER A RIVALRY”

hVDxQ9DntY4qKmF_eKg9kOcPuH9x1GXRFPrN6yjrEVk.png

I don't think anyone really bought K's argument anyway so not sure what Gary said was all that controversial tbh. I don't think Gary or K really ever liked each other anyway.

Don’t believe Roy was mentioned in that article.
It was a great read, don’t you agree?
Considering Gary had no idea what happened, sure. Whatever you think I am sure is ok with you. Hope your tooth is well.

Has K apologized for the racists things said towards Greivis Vasquez

Not yet.....

I feel like this didn't happen. Of all places, Duke is one of the least likely to be throwing out racist stuff... the student body is literally 50% non-white. And Vasquez spoke glowingly of his time at Cameron, and said it was his favorite place to play basketball. Can't imagine he would say that if people were being truly vile.

Reactions: Quavarius
I feel like this didn't happen. Of all places, Duke is one of the least likely to be throwing out racist stuff... the student body is literally 50% non-white. And Vasquez spoke glowingly of his time at Cameron, and said it was his favorite place to play basketball. Can't imagine he would say that if people were being truly vile.
It’s literally talked about in the article.

It’s literally talked about in the article.

No it isn't; all it says is that the Crazies chanted in Spanish, and Vasquez said to Gary "You don't want to know what they are saying." I don't see anything about something racist being chanted. (Chanting something in spanish is not automatically racist.)

Honestly, I'd be shocked if you got that at Duke in modern times. The student body is overwhelmingly minority, and VERY aware of cultural sensitivity and the like.

Reactions: Quavarius
I don't think anyone really bought K's argument anyway so not sure what Gary said was all that controversial tbh. I don't think Gary or K really ever liked each other anyway.
Gary and Mike were friends. Not sure about now but there was mucho respect. Mike said once Gary was the best game day coach he had ever seen.
I sat with both of them 2007 Buffalo first round. Duke and MD teams and player coaches etc were all staying in same hotel (hay Adams). At breakfast the day after Duke lost to VCU. They sat and ate together with Mickie and Gary’s girlfriend. They appeared to be pretty good friends

I also stood in bar previous night with 100 Terps in line to console Demarcus Nelson. Kid was in tears with his uniform and shoes still on after VCU loss. With his parents. We watched over 100 Terps fans and player families give that kid a hug and support.

The “ MD fans are the worst and throw batteries “ routine gets old. I have personally seen the other side many times. Mike was extremely nice to me and friends at tourney. Did not big time is and actually told Scheyer and Paulus to move over at breakfast so we could sit down with them. True story

Last edited:
I’m thinking it’s a Ky joke. Who knows with him.
Our conversation earlier has being weighing heavily on me all day, I started it,and I apologize We'll keep our distance and not drag down the board, but I'm sorry for the mean things I said.

Dude - you feel like it did not happen? Okay. It happened. Greivis loved to play there because the fans were so passionate. It was va tech that were chanting INS at him. But the worst of all time.....U Hall. Charlottesville. Juan Dixon’s parents were crackheads signs. Juan went over to those fans prof to game and corrected them. They were heroin addicts. He signed the abusive signs the punks were holding up about his parents. And later that night as we smoked the Hoos - I saw those same assholes now cheering for Juan. He changed their minds.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I wanted a driving iron for this one course around here that has 3 really long par 3s so bought a GAPR-Mid. Hoping to hit it for the first time Sunday.

I had one once lol I found out having an extra wedge was better lol How long are those par 3's

Dude - you feel like it did not happen? Okay. It happened. Greivis loved to play there because the fans were so passionate. It was va tech that were chanting INS at him. But the worst of all time.....U Hall. Charlottesville. Juan Dixon’s parents were crackheads signs. Juan went over to those fans prof to game and corrected them. They were heroin addicts. He signed the abusive signs the punks were holding up about his parents. And later that night as we smoked the Hoos - I saw those same assholes now cheering for Juan. He changed their minds.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2006-02-10-0602100013-story.html- proves it...

ADVERTISEMENT