ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday to Lubbock! 1st time ever!

Tortilla Launcher

Oct 24, 2012
Austin
Team
Texas Tech
With a possible chance to play Kansas for all the marbles next weekend.

Lubbock WILL be intense. Who would want it any other way. Play the 10000000 time defending champs for a chance to win the conference.

Got to take care of some other business first obviously in Stillwater....

Hopefully we can butt rape OU tomorrow night. Other than that I’m looking forward to this matchup.

Kansas will have revenge on its mind. Really looking forward to this one. We are going to have to play our asses of and learn defense if we are going to have a chance.

Lubbock WILL be intense. Who would want it any other way. Play the 10000000 time defending champs for a chance to win the conference.

Looking forward to it. I know it's been loud there in a few past meetings but I agree that it's going to be a madhouse.

yesterday, my son said we had a chance
to host game day -
i figured when tech lost in waco,
that would kill it -
Guns Up!!

I hope you guys smoke that jayhawk ass. I really do.

You know what else? The 35-2 FT (and yes it was very lopsided, there's no denying that) differential show just how bad of a job WVU did on attacking KU in the paint. It was a piss poor effort to attack and for that I don't feel bad for them at all. Hell on most the possessions when WVU bitched and moaned about not getting a call, the player thinking he got the shaft stood stood or laid in the spot he felt he was fouled in while the rest of the players busted their tails back & continued to play. Attack the basket with a purpose and you'd be amazed how much you can get to the FT line.

I expect Saturday in Lubbock to be much the same as the first meeting in Lawrence. Unlike WVU, you can bet your ass the Red Raiders will attack the rim all night long. You do that and draw fouls, I have a helluva lot more respect for the opposition. Tech is deep enough, smart enough, skilled enough, and disciplined enough to where I think they wear KU down and eventually come away with the win. Tech's build has been 3 years in the making and they've arrived and primed to make a legitimate, deep run in the NCAA Tournament. Personally I think ends up winning the Big 12 regular season.

The 35-2 FT (and yes it was very lopsided, there's no denying that) differential show just how bad of a job WVU did on attacking KU in the paint. It was a piss poor effort to attack and for that I don't feel bad for them at all. Hell on most the possessions when WVU bitched and moaned about not getting a call, the player thinking he got the shaft stood stood or laid in the spot he felt he was fouled in while the rest of the players busted their tails back & continued to play. Attack the basket with a purpose and you'd be amazed how much you can get to the FT line.
agree -
I expect Saturday in Lubbock to be much the same as the first meeting in Lawrence. Unlike WVU, you can bet your ass the Red Raiders will attack the rim all night long. You do that and draw fouls, I have a helluva lot more respect for the opposition. Tech is deep enough, smart enough, skilled enough, and disciplined enough to where I think they wear KU down and eventually come away with the win. Tech's build has been 3 years in the making and they've arrived and primed to make a legitimate, deep run in the NCAA Tournament. Personally I think ends up winning the Big 12 regular season.
thats quite an endorsement -
Coach Beard has done a good job
of preparing this team,
keepin em on an even keel -
lookin forward to a great game Saturday -
wreck em!!

Normally I want every opponent at full strength, but the rivers cried if KU routs Tech sans Evans would be pretty hilarious.

Last edited:
I really hope Evans is healthy and ready to go next Saturday. I want to see both teams at full strength when KU/TTU part 2 rolls around.

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
I'm happy for Lubbock. It is truly "in the middle of nowhere". But it is a nice college town full of friendly people. I'm glad to see that they finally have a basketball program. They truly have a good team that is well coached.

giphy.gif

Y'all need to worry. Big 12 offices gonna pull out all the stops to get KU to that 14th title in a row. Don't expect ANY home cookin. TBO, expect to get the shaft......

Good luck to them getting out of Lubbock if they want to pull any shenanigans. Laughing

Our fan base has a reputation to uphold!

Good luck to them getting out of Lubbock if they want to pull any shenanigans. Laughing

Our fan base has a reputation to uphold!

We won't have to pull shenanigans. I'm fairly confident that similar to the 1st meeting between us, the TTU players will man up again and take the ball strong right at the bucket unlike WVU. Attack the paint hard and don't settle for hero ball shots or do what Konate did by living 15+ feet from the basket all game long.

Huggs is so pissed after that KU screw job... I hear he's willing to take cash offers from TTU boosters to throw the game next week if it means putting an end to the KU streak.

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
I guess technically Red Raiders should cheer for OU tonight, but can't see them winning in AFH with their play as of late.

I'd almost bet my left nut that Young breaks out of his slump tonight. Seems like he's due.

Us controlling our destiny this late into it, you can't ask for much more than that... But I have seen this Texas Tech movie before. many times. Laughing

Any help with our destiny is much appreciated haha

Reactions: IZAC
I really have no idea which KU team we will see tonight. This could easily be a night where Young lights us up like a Christmas tree and/or we our guys elect on taking a night off of no defense.

ADVERTISEMENT