ADVERTISEMENT

G League becoming a viable alternative?

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/sports/basketball/g-league-salaries-increase.html
  • $35,000 salary (up from $26,000)
  • Housing and insurance will be covered
  • Up to $50,000 in bonuses from NBA teams
If a player is good enough for the G league and has no desire and/or no aptitude for college, it's not a bad gig. That's better than most first jobs out of college and provides for endorsement opportunities and the ability to work in the offseason if needed.

Last edited:
Good. People with a marketable skill should be able to profit from it in this country if they are willing to work.

College will be the better route for most players. But not all.

Good. People with a marketable skill should be able to profit from it in this country if they are willing to work.

College will be the better route for most players. But not all.
And you can still go to college after/during pro basketball. I've known a few minor league baseball guys who went to college after it didn't work out in pro ball.

Beats flipping burgers for kids who don't want to go to college

Trade school, from another thread.

I think even with this , college basketball is still subsidizing the NBA. The problem has never been college basketball, it has always been the nba getting a free ride off of the college game

I just realized Kentucky needs a GLeague team. I bet if we had one, I could create a list to why they're better.

Trade school, from another thread.

I think even with this , college basketball is still subsidizing the NBA. The problem has never been college basketball, it has always been the nba getting a free ride off of the college game

I’m not sure I follow. You think the NBA wouldn’t exist or thrive without college basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT