Fullerton recruits

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by alxko33, Jun 29, 2014.

1. alxko33

alxko33 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Can Fullerton replace the little offense that they had? Who are the new recruits? Will they have enough pitching beyond the awesome 1-2-3?

2. VandyDore75

VandyDore75 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Aaron Fitt at Baseball America thinks Fullerton will make it to Omaha next year.

3. 2Bulldogs

2Bulldogs Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn't Aaron Fitt have them in Omaha this year?

4. alxko33

Expand Collapse

Most people did.......

5. VandyDore75

VandyDore75 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

These way-too-early projections aren't really worth much. Plus, one can never forecast the impact any freshmen will have until the season actually begins. I do like the teams he's projecting, however, so I hope he's accurate.

6. 2Bulldogs

Expand Collapse

Fullerton will always attract among the best talent in this area. However, talent is meaningless unless the AD allows the coach to do his job! The Titan's 2014 season was an interesting dichotomy to watch unfold. It was truly two distinctly different seasons of leadership. One part of the season apparently ran by certain idiotic parents and a clueless administration, with the other being run by Hook. Based upon what was observed, the parents and the administration should leave the Program ALONE and get the heck out Hook's way!

If I hear one more complaint about a coach'es swearing or alleged abusive language the response will be easy: Get out of the game! Profanity is a part of ANY sporting culture. The player is to listen to instruction and ignore everything else said even at the college level. If Mommy and Daddy wishes for their innocent little boys to not hear such language, teach them Chess! Parents have to just let it go absent physical abuse at the high school and college levels. I think we witnessed first-hand how the inmates took over the asylum briefly last year at Fullerton, and when some one in that goofy administration finally woke-up and let the team play with their appointed head coach, the season was salvaged along with a message being sent to the the officiously intermeddling parents and rudderless administration.

This post was edited on 7/5 12:36 PM by 2Bulldogs

7. DaveWright17

DaveWright17 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nail, meet hammer. Well said.

8. alxko33

Expand Collapse

Fully agree Bulldog. Dave, will there be enough fresh blood to elevate the offense in 2015? Pitching will not be as deep as 2014, but will certainly be among the best.

9. 2Bulldogs

Expand Collapse

While Dave has a clearer picture into the Titans, I am not sure much change is needed. Once Hook got back and resumed control of the Titans, the underlying cancer extrinsic to the program was gone allowing Hook to be Hook. The rest was history with an improbable three week run which propelled them from surfing and golfing once the regular season ended into the tournament.

As for those who Fullerton might have lost, we hear that every year with Fullerton easily retooling and getting the best to replace the best. I expect Fullerton to be leading the charge in the Big West next year. There is one concern though, Omaha. This has been one of the longest droughts in some time for not returning to Omaha. I thing there might be some alumni barking at the gate of the AD's office if there is no Omaha trip this year. Personally, I think Omaha is a lesser concern as once one gets into the show anything can happen. Just have what ever happens to you happen while playing your best ball.

This post was edited on 7/6 2:24 PM by 2Bulldogs