ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Thank you, good sir. I live in St. Pete Beach. Was looking like it was headed directly for us at one point but is tracking a little further south now. House will probably still get flooded, we'll get damage from high winds, and we'll be without electricity for who knows how long but it could be worse. We'll find out over the next 48 hours or so. I've been in Orlando with my family since Monday night.
Take care my man, you have our prayers bud. 💪

Yeah, glad you got out and hope it isn't as bad as they are saying. I have some friends who live right on the beach around that Bradenton area but haven't heard if they came back home to ride it out or what.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I appreciate it!
The best of luck to you Kevin.

I have a close friend that lives near Clearwater, he has battened down the hatches, has the fuel for his generators and he plans on sitting it out. His house in a good one that is supposed to withstand a large storm. I guess he will find out.

This morning he was expressing hope that it was going south of him also.

Thank you, good sir. I live in St. Pete Beach. Was looking like it was headed directly for us at one point but is tracking a little further south now. House will probably still get flooded, we'll get damage from high winds, and we'll be without electricity for who knows how long but it could be worse. We'll find out over the next 48 hours or so. I've been in Orlando with my family since Monday night.
FdqLRhMXoAEQfdA

@Kevin Bryan
Hope you and your family is making it ok in the flooding, and hope you find thigs at home well when you get back.
I also hope our friends (members of the board) in South and North Carolina make it through this hurricane.
The tornado we had last December really changed my outlook on things.:(

Didn't realize you were in Florida @Kevin Bryan . Or at least I didn't remember. Hope your people are safe and your property has minimal damage.

Some crazy scenes out of Fort Meyers. My god. Hate it for those folks.

Here, we are supposed to get 40-50mph winds with 65mph gusts. With the temps in the 60's, it feels cold. We've had 30mph winds all day. Typically I would sit out on the porch, drink beers and listen to the wind. But it's cold.

@Kevin Bryan
Hope you and your family is making it ok in the flooding, and hope you find thigs at home well when you get back.
I also hope our friends (members of the board) in South and North Carolina make it through this hurricane.

not to be a downer, but if @Kevin Bryan doesn’t make it do we have a succession plan in place for moderator? Don’t want to get stuck with our pants down which, ironically, is how @Kevin Bryan would prefer us all to be if he were still with us today.

not to be a downer, but if @Kevin Bryan doesn’t make it do we have a succession plan in place for moderator? Don’t want to get stuck with our pants down which, ironically, is how @Kevin Bryan would prefer us all to be if he were still with us today.
He will make it. But if he doesn't, we can depend on @lurkeraspect84
👍 💪

Edit: Did not know if lurker liked a thumb or a fist, they feel different I hear

@Kevin Bryan

Didn't realize you were in Florida @Kevin Bryan . Or at least I didn't remember. Hope your people are safe and your property has minimal damage.

Some crazy scenes out of Fort Meyers. My god. Hate it for those folks.

Here, we are supposed to get 40-50mph winds with 65mph gusts. With the temps in the 60's, it feels cold. We've had 30mph winds all day. Typically I would sit out on the porch, drink beers and listen to the wind. But it's cold.

We just came back from Orlando this morning. All is well. Nothing more than some downed tree branches and other vegetation debris scattered around. Electricity at my house has already been back on since yesterday. Still out about 10 minutes down the road at my mom's but expected to be back up by tomorrow. The way the wind was circulating from east to west it actually pulled water out of Tampa Bay (emptied shallow parts) rather than dumping more into it, so we avoided the storm surge and flooding associated with it. Friends in Ft. Myers weren't so fortunate though. It will be a very long time until things are back to normal down there with a lot of rebuilding.

We just came back from Orlando this morning. All is well. Nothing more than some downed tree branches and other vegetation debris scattered around. Electricity at my house has already been back on since yesterday. Still out about 10 minutes down the road at my mom's but expected to be back up by tomorrow. The way the wind was circulating from east to west it actually pulled water out of Tampa Bay (emptied shallow parts) rather than dumping more into it, so we avoided the storm surge and flooding associated with it. Friends in Ft. Myers weren't so fortunate though. It will be a very long time until things are back to normal down there with a lot of rebuilding.
I can mail you some hominy if you need it.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Now that you are back I must go remove all those horrible posts that I made! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan

This nightclub eye contact policy sounds hilarious. "Excuse me, miss. May I stare at you?"

ADVERTISEMENT