ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Summer ends in two days. Anyone else depressed by this fact? Fall is my favorite season, but man, what comes after is just the worst.

Short days. Long, cold, depressing nights. No lake. No golf. Seasonal depression shit is real.
i prefer fall winter just bc the misquotes

Reactions: cdbearde
Summer ends in two days. Anyone else depressed by this fact? Fall is my favorite season, but man, what comes after is just the worst.

Short days. Long, cold, depressing nights. No lake. No golf. Seasonal depression shit is real.
Same man. I love fall too but winter is rough.

I totally understand what you said Jimbo, about normal office or controlled environment jobs, my wife has that.
But mine is, like tomorrow they are predicting 99 with high humidity, that means 5-7 hours I will be in 119-122 temps, the 7-5 will be in the outside temps under the sun. (12 hour shift) Now fall and spring it's so much better, but come winter, especially January and February, everything is freezing up and it is brutal, the sledgehammers, two-pound hammers and large chisels suck worse, you're bundled up and sweating down because all the physical work, outside the wind off the river is brutal, so give me the heat. Now, I am not asking for no pity whatsoever, I make good money and great benefits and I chose this job!!!!
Just saying I agree Fall is awesome, very pretty with the changing of leaf color, but please don't forget Spring, because it's also a welcome season, outside of pollen allergies for some. 👍 😎

I totally understand what you said Jimbo, about normal office or controlled environment jobs, my wife has that.
But mine is, like tomorrow they are predicting 99 with high humidity, that means 5-7 hours I will be in 119-122 temps, the 7-5 will be in the outside temps under the sun. (12 hour shift) Now fall and spring it's so much better, but come winter, especially January and February, everything is freezing up and it is brutal, the sledgehammers, two-pound hammers and large chisels suck worse, you're bundled up and sweating down because all the physical work, outside the wind off the river is brutal, so give me the heat. Now, I am not asking for no pity whatsoever, I make good money and great benefits and I chose this job!!!!
Just saying I agree Fall is awesome, very pretty with the changing of leaf color, but please don't forget Spring, because it's also a welcome season, outside of pollen allergies for some. 👍 😎
It sounds like your job is much more demanding than mine is :)

I love spring, not quite as much as fall, but it’s up there. I think honestly I can find something I love about all the seasons.

I would rank them
1. Fall
2. Spring
3. Summer

4. Winter

I honestly used to hate summer, but as I’ve gotten older I have grown to appreciate just how much you can do during that time of the year as opposed to the other three seasons. Especially winter. Christmas is nice but January and February are a complete waste of time.

Yeah, it sucks. Just got some new irons in and in about a month probably won't even be able to play and it takes at least that long to figure out whether or not you like something. It's 99 here today though so that rocks. Playing this weekend for sure. Winter is the worst. Hard to believe there are people out there crazy enough to prefer it.

Yeah, it sucks. Just got some new irons in and in about a month probably won't even be able to play and it takes at least that long to figure out whether or not you like something. It's 99 here today though so that rocks. Playing this weekend for sure. Winter is the worst. Hard to believe there are people out there crazy enough to prefer it.
Do you get out a lot in the winter?? I think I play a brand total of 3 times between the months of December and February. It really doesn’t get THAT cold in Kentucky until mid December. That said, it’s almost painful to hit the ball if it’s cold and windy.

I think the people that prefer winter just truly hate the heat. And I get that, I used to think that way. Summer can be brutally hot. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized you can just do so much more during the warmer months. And a ton of it has to do with how much the sun is out. Winter is by far my least favorite season these days.

Do you get out a lot in the winter?? I think I play a brand total of 3 times between the months of December and February. It really doesn’t get THAT cold in Kentucky until mid December. That said, it’s almost painful to hit the ball if it’s cold and windy.

I think the people that prefer winter just truly hate the heat. And I get that, I used to think that way. Summer can be brutally hot. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized you can just do so much more during the warmer months. And a ton of it has to do with how much the sun is out. Winter is by far my least favorite season these days.
heat and mosquitoes. also keep in mind i wear suits,long sleeves to work and work mostly outside.

when living in columbus oh, i obviously much preferred the summer to winter. it wasn't near as bad in the summer.

heat and mosquitoes. also keep in mind i wear suits,long sleeves to work and work mostly outside.

when living in columbus oh, i obviously much preferred the summer to winter. it wasn't near as bad in the summer.
Do you have a lot of hobbies outside? I think that has a lot to do with it as well. Outside of video games, everything I do for fun is outside.

Do you have a lot of hobbies outside? I think that has a lot to do with it as well. Outside of video games, everything I do for fun is outside.
pretty much normal stuff, have taken up frisbee golf. again, when ne arkansas farmers flood there rice fields it makes it tougher to do much of anything outside. especially in the evening.

It just depends. Saturday is my day to play so you know how the winter is. There are often a few days during the week that are decent but I need that day to land on Saturday, ha. But yeah, I'll play until it gets below 50 and then I'm pretty much out. I don't mind wearing pants and even a pullover but when my hands are cold it's no fun. I just hate the cold so much. Even below 70 I don't like it.

I'm like you though, through the really cold months of December through February I'm not playing much if at all.

I didn’t mind winter until I moved to Chicago haha. It’s all good though. It’s mostly the wind chill that sucks. I don’t mind the snow. Fall is the tits though. Hope we have a good one. Love Chi town and Louisville fall when it’s good.

Last edited:
It’s much more the daylight for me than it is the temperature. Going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark sucks the life out of me.
yeah, this......And well those -10 mid-Feb nights/mornings.

Fall by far my favorite time of year----but sometimes here in good ole southern indiana, mother nature decides to skip that season, and head directly ibto winter..

I didn’t mind winter until I moved to Chicago haha. It’s all good though. It’s mostly the wind chill that sucks. I don’t mind the snow. Fall is the tits though. Hope we have a good one. Love Chi town and Louisville fall when it’s good.
All in all i like memphis, i dont see violence or basically what ppl think of Memphis. city of culture, great music, great places to eat.

it the same as im guessing chigo is on don't go places you don't belong. i can same the same with kentucky

Reactions: UL_1986
97 here. But it's only supposed to be 75 tomorrow. And 49 tomorrow night. Brrrrrrr

Yeah, I think the morning low is like 47 now tomorrow. Sucks. However, it will be 70 when I tee off Saturday and 80 when I finish so that's ok. I would prefer it warmer but it's still decent.

Reactions: toonces11
ideas for @Kevin Bryan gifts for upcoming holiday season. Truly great mod.

FdQ63qqWAAEqzA2

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Are we seeing a hush up collective?

internet 3.0 is a nightmare for authorities, the future internet will not be able to censor. its sooner than you think. I wouldn't be surprised if powers that be regulate.

get familiar with blockchains.should be taught in middle schools

web will no longer be controlled by big tech.

Last edited:
imagine a world where the narrative isn't controlled by gov or msm but by users themselves

genie is out of the box. l

i wonder if message boards collectively rate with social media empires

meaning censorship on facebook don't translate with sports or d and d boards. hydra type deal.

there's a lot of message boards

30% of people don't think they could take a rat or house cat? Sheesh. They're not asking if you would go unscathed, but simply if you could beat them. Did they conduct this study on a university campus?
folks who said yes to the bottom half know they'll be scathed.

@Kevin Bryan , hope you are good on this hurricane coming through, I can't remember what area you live in. And also, anyone else that is in the path.
Wishing the beast for all. 💪 👍👍
Thank you, good sir. I live in St. Pete Beach. Was looking like it was headed directly for us at one point but is tracking a little further south now. House will probably still get flooded, we'll get damage from high winds, and we'll be without electricity for who knows how long but it could be worse. We'll find out over the next 48 hours or so. I've been in Orlando with my family since Monday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT