ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
FV4Cm3fUYAEvIb7

I didn't buy this, just pointing it out on those who did.

Gave up fast food years ago.

I look at 14 bucks and think Turkey burger with turkey bacon with cauliflower fries. Covered in my boyfriends special sauce.
$14 for that shit is ridiculous. This is in Memphis?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
The stuff I buy is always on the shelf (no one wants it), and it hasn't changed much in price. I've not felt the grocery inflation so much.

coconut milk, low sodium v8, frozen vegs, ground turkey, oats, frozen berries, etc.

Gas can f^ck right off. Electric and natural gas hasn't changed much.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
The stuff I buy is always on the shelf (no one wants it), and it hasn't changed much in price. I've not felt the grocery inflation so much.

coconut milk, low sodium v8, frozen vegs, ground turkey, oats, frozen berries, etc.

Gas can f^ck right off. Electric and natural gas hasn't changed much.

I make a great slow cooker turkey chili with a couple pounds of ground turkey.

I make a great slow cooker turkey chili with a couple pounds of ground turkey.
I usually make pots of soup for the week. Wife and I work different schedules so we eat different meals. I'm pretty simple. Ground turkey in chili and make a veg soup with turkey as well. Do some other soups as well, but mainly that's it. I'm still 20 lbs from my target weight so I'm sticking to what got me here.

I usually make pots of soup for the week. Wife and I work different schedules so we eat different meals. I'm pretty simple. Ground turkey in chili and make a veg soup with turkey as well. Do some other soups as well, but mainly that's it. I'm still 20 lbs from my target weight so I'm sticking to what got me here.
I weigh myself on Fridays, but so far I am down 16 pounds since May 1. Granted I was up 20 pounds to begin with after hurting my back.

I learned for the first time in my life that you actually don't need to exercise to lose weight. Crazy, I always worked off the premise that I had to work out as much as possible to lose weight and have been doing that since I was 23 years old and lost 75 pounds, but now it turns that was all wrong.

It's 100% all about what you eat. All I've eaten since May 1 has been:

Breakfast: banana and protein bar
Lunch: Bowl of soup, hummus with carrots and some crackers, maybe some fruit
snack: 3-4 dark chocolate covered almonds
dinner: usually another protein bar, maybe some more hummus, fruit
snack: fruit and a few of those almonds

That's pretty much what I have eaten since May 1. With absolutely zero exercise. Hoping to hit that 20 pound barrier before I leave for Israel on 7/10.

I weigh myself on Fridays, but so far I am down 16 pounds since May 1. Granted I was up 20 pounds to begin with after hurting my back.

I learned for the first time in my life that you actually don't need to exercise to lose weight. Crazy, I always worked off the premise that I had to work out as much as possible to lose weight and have been doing that since I was 23 years old and lost 75 pounds, but now it turns that was all wrong.

That's pretty much what I have eaten since May 1. With absolutely zero exercise. Hoping to hit that 20 pound barrier before I leave for Israel on 7/10.
It's 100% calorie intake. I use my fitness pal mixed with apple heath app. I monitor everything. I was 306 April 22, 2020. I dropped 50 lbs like it was nothing by just quitting drinking and monitoring my calorie intake. I'm 200 now. Goal is 180. 165 would be nice.
I eat every two hours.

Breakfast: Plain oats with coconut milk, frozen berries and a little honey.
Snack: almonds or walnuts, protein shake with coconut milk
Lunch: sliced turkey from the deli with extra sharp cheddar and spinach sandwich on 1 slice of 12 grain bread. Carrots and 8 oz of low sodium V8.
Mid day snack, an apple or banana. fiber supplement
Dinner: soup. If I'm really hungry, I'll throw in 5 no salt wheat crackers.

I don't eat 4 hours before I got to bed. I do drink some chamomile tea about a have hour before bed. Decaf coffee in the morning, decaf green tea during the day and a lot of water. *lemon water a half hour before breakfast.

~1300 calories, less than 1500 mg of sodium and everything else (carbs, protein, fiber and fat are spot on.

It's pretty basic, but it works for me. I'm pretty simple.
zero caffeine, zero alcohol, zero added salt, zero added sugar.

Last edited:
It's 100% calorie intake. I use my fitness pal mixed with apple heath app. I monitor everything. I was 306 April 22, 2020. I dropped 50 lbs like it was nothing by just quitting drinking and monitoring my calorie intake. I'm 200 now. Goal is 180. 165 would be nice.
I eat every two hours.

Breakfast: Plain oats with coconut milk, frozen berries and a little honey.
Snack: almonds or walnuts, protein shake with coconut milk
Lunch: sliced turkey from the deli with extra sharp cheddar and spinach sandwich on 1 slice of 12 grain bread. Carrots and 8 oz of low sodium V8.
Mid day snack, an apple or banana. fiber supplement
Dinner: soup. If I'm really hungry, I'll throw in 5 no salt wheat crackers.

I don't eat 4 hours before I got to bed. I do drink some chamomile tea about a have hour before bed. Decaf coffee in the morning, decaf green tea during the day and a lot of water. *lemon water a half hour before breakfast.

~1300 calories, less than 1500 mg of sodium and everything else (carbs, protein, fiber and fat are spot on.

It's pretty basic, but it works for me. I'm pretty simple.
zero caffeine, zero alcohol, zero added salt, zero added sugar.
Dang my friend, you eat some nasty crap, I couldn't eat that diet due to my IBS.
I weighed 310 a year and a half ago and I am down to 250, I have not changed my diet at all, just lost my big appetite, I just can't eat as much.
The doctors have run me through all kinds of blood test, scans (MRI,CT) of all my organs because I am loosing weight and I keep telling them that I just don't eat as much. I am big built for my height, broad shoulders big bones and, use to have big muscles, but guess what, when you get older you lose muscle mass and it weighs more than fat. there you go, I am smarter than the docs. I think with economy that I am their new retirement plan. 😉

Dang my friend, you eat some nasty crap, I couldn't eat that diet due to my IBS.
I weighed 310 a year and a half ago and I am down to 250, I have not changed my diet at all, just lost my big appetite, I just can't eat as much.
The doctors have run me through all kinds of blood test, scans (MRI,CT) of all my organs because I am loosing weight and I keep telling them that I just don't eat as much. I am big built for my height, broad shoulders big bones and, use to have big muscles, but guess what, when you get older you lose muscle mass and it weighs more than fat. there you go, I am smarter than the docs. I think with economy that I am their new retirement plan. 😉
I'll eat a big steak on occasion. Maybe a burger or so here and there. Usually on the weekends when eating with the wife, I'll mix it up, but that's my M-F meals.

I like my diet. Every meal is appealing to me.

Weekends it's eggs, turkey bacon with some toast. Same 12 grain bread.
Lunch is something small and supper is the good times. Meat and vegs.

I'll eat a big steak on occasion. Maybe a burger or so here and there. Usually on the weekends when eating the wife, I'll mix it up, but that's my M-F meals.

I like my diet. Every meal is appealing to me.

Weekends it's eggs, turkey bacon with some toast. Same 12 grain bread.
Lunch is something small and supper is the good times. Meat and vegs.
Eggs, (fresh local) turkey, bacon and toast works for me. But the bolded above needs more description.

I was one of about a dozen at a workplace last fall that hadn't gotten vaccinated. Never been sick despite working around hundreds of other people with no masks for months. Finally got the Clot Shot
because I had to have it to work a contract job... But then six months later is was no longer required.

Too late... Can't take this shit back now, unfortunately.

The fact I can't sue for someone's product ****ing me up is a big red flag, but when youre given the 'choice' to either not get the shot or not pay your bills...

Thanks, Brandon.

Reactions: tw3301

I have never tried dark chocolate covered almonds but started a bit ago eating around an ounce a day of dark chocolate (has to be at least 86% cocoa though). I don't really care about weight issues as I probably need to gain more than lose but it supposedly has a bunch of health benefits. Figure that will counter the bourbon.

I am pro choice but I have to roll my eyes when people are screaming about being forced to have kids.

No one is making you spread your legs and be irresponsible. I do think, for health reasons alone, it should be legal.
With the pro choice crowd, they've always used the outlier reasons for abortion as their argument against dropping Roe V Wade. Rape, incest and the health of the mother make up a very small percentage of abortions. It is very much a form of birth control for the majority of people who have abortions. I respect that it is a tough decision (for most) to have to make and I don't feel too strongly against it one way of the other. Though I find it repulsive how some people talk about a baby in the womb as if it means less than a dog in the park.

Like you said, be responsible with your body to start with. I love the women calling for a sex strike. You mean actually be responsible for your body? Lol

I have a bad feeling that this Roe v Wade decision is going to blow up in the Republicans face next time elections come around. There's a lot of fence sitting people out there who are disgusted in Democrats and their liberal agenda and who are ready to firmly vote Republican, but this decision could push A LOT of those people back onto the Democrat side.

Everyone knows Repubs are pro life, but until very recently I don't think anyone really thought there was any chance the Repubs could get Roe v Wade overturned. Lots of pro choice people have lost their animosity for republicans because they assumed Roe was solid and going nowhere. So they had no fear of voting Repub and that leading to Roe being overturned. Now that that is exactly what happened I fear we'll see a lot of people who were leaning right go back to leaning left.

Could be a case of short term gain followed by long term loss for conservatives.

I have a bad feeling that this Roe v Wade decision is going to blow up in the Republicans face next time elections come around. There's a lot of fence sitting people out there who are disgusted in Democrats and their liberal agenda and who are ready to firmly vote Republican, but this decision could push A LOT of those people back onto the Democrat side.

Everyone knows Repubs are pro life, but until very recently I don't think anyone really thought there was any chance the Repubs could get Roe v Wade overturned. Lots of pro choice people have lost their animosity for republicans because they assumed Roe was solid and going nowhere. So they had no fear of voting Repub and that leading to Roe being overturned. Now that that is exactly what happened I fear we'll see a lot of people who were leaning right go back to leaning left.

Could be a case of short term gain followed by long term loss for conservatives.

We appreciate your concern

People who vote based on abortion will always vote left. I don't see anyone who votes based on multiple issues changing from right to left here. National temper tantrums have become normal now. These people do not represent the voting base of our country. Despite the national temper tantrum of 2020 with all of the fear mongering, the right made up big grounds in the house and did better than projected in the senate in 2020. Of course they allegedly lost the white house.

These are stupid people. Abortions are not banned. It simply gives the states back their right as a republic to decide the laws. How many states will follow Oklahoma? IDK. But just like the libs of California say about green energy, sanctuary cities and public drug use... don't like the policies, move to another state that closer meets your values. Personally, I have never considered abortion as a voting issue.

People who vote based on abortion will always vote left. I don't see anyone who votes based on multiple issues changing from right to left here. National temper tantrums have become normal now. These people do not represent the voting base of our country. Despite the national temper tantrum of 2020 with all of the fear mongering, the right made up big grounds in the house and did better than projected in the senate in 2020. Of course they allegedly lost the white house.

These are stupid people. Abortions are not banned. It simply gives the states back their right as a republic to decide the laws. How many states will follow Oklahoma? IDK. But just like the libs of California say about green energy, sanctuary cities and public drug use... don't like the policies, move to another state that closer meets your values. Personally, I have never considered abortion as a voting issue.
I don't know. I was very pro choice and had decided to vote Republican from now on a few years back. Lately my dislike for liberals has eclipsed my stance on abortion and I am no longer pro choice, I am now pro don't give a shit either way. So it won't change my decision to vote anti liberal, but I imagine there are a lot of people who are pro choice, but sick of democrats and are now voting republican who this could affect and cause them to go back to democats

I don't know. I was very pro choice and had decided to vote Republican from now on a few years back. Lately my dislike for liberals has eclipsed my stance on abortion and I am no longer pro choice, I am now pro don't give a shit either way. So it won't change my decision to vote anti liberal, but I imagine there are a lot of people who are pro choice, but sick of democrats and are now voting republican who this could affect and cause them to go back to democats
See. You're like the majority of the voting base. You feel a certain way, but vote based on other combined issues. I am not saying that there are not people out there that are stupid enough to let this sway their vote. I just don't think they represent enough of the voting base to make a huge difference. Especially with the way things are going right now. This is a nice temporary distraction, though.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I’m definitely pro choice (shocker I know) and I think the ruling was pretty much bullshit. But hey, that’s American politics for ya. Is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT