ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
We can’t really force private companies to do that. They can choose where/what they do with oil.
They can, actually. The government has the authority to limit or ban U.S. oil exports. In fact, crude oil exporting was banned here from 1975 through 2015 via the Energy Policy and Conservation Act. Right now U.S. oil is being exported to Europe and Asia in record numbers, but halting U.S. exports to those countries would most likely have them looking to buy from Russia, and Biden doesn't want that to happen. Problem with that is that Russia has just ramped up exports to China, so they are still selling a shit-ton of oil. China's crude oil imports from Russia increased by 55% in May compared to last year, displacing Saudi Arabia as China's top supplier. So, essentially, Biden's plan isn't stopping Russia from exporting as much oil as they want, it's just driving up the price in U.S. and allied markets. It was this administration's idea to block Russian oil imports and they encouraged our allies to do the same. It's the Biden price hike, not the Putin price hike.

I didn’t think anyone could be as bad as Trump at speaking. But here we are.
images

627e2a0359a10386f05a7cc96483633c.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ticket2ride06
Gas tax suspension is dumb. That small amount per gallon isn't really helping people. Obama was right about it being a gimmick.
They'll just make up for it by taking our money somewhere else anyway, plus interest. Uncle Sam gonna get his no matter what.

Reactions: UL_1986
I buy 3.5 gallons a day for 5 days a week. 4.33 weeks in a month, it's $340 for gas to just commute back and forth to work.

18 cents saves me roughly 14 bucks.

it's 4.50 a gallon here.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I buy 3.5 gallons a day for 5 days a week. 4.33 weeks in a month, it's $340 for gas to just commute back and forth to work.

18 cents saves me roughly 14 bucks.

it's 4.50 a gallon here.
And you're a car salesman, trying to sell gasoline-powered vehicles when gas is $19.75 a gallon (and everything else is expensive as hell too). Double whammy.

• Love
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And you're a car salesman, trying to sell gasoline-powered vehicles when gas is $19.75 a gallon (and everything else is expensive as hell too). Double whammy.
I wouldn't suggest anyone new getting into the business. Actually, they all should quit.

Long timers have a "black book". My average per month hasn't been affected. It would go up if everyone else quit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT