ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
We also had a once in a century global shutdown that paused the entire world. Everyone, not just America, is grappling with recovering. But sure, Biden saying mean things is the problem. That’s a lot easier to accept apparently. And FTR, I think he’s a boob and been a bad president. But Trump would be facing the same issues.

My first reply to you admitted the Ukraine invasion and COVID had a lot to do with the price increase(the majority of it). However, the administrations policies and spoken words also increase the price. How much is to be determined... 10 cents, 20, 30 maybe 50? Nobody really knows. Some experts suggest simply opening up the Keystone XL pipeline could reduce 10cents a gallon. So I'd say a good assumption is about 20-25 cents.

We can meet the demand. We just choose not to.
Just curious as to who "we" is? O&G companies? I can kinda of see where they stand, to an extent. Why increase? And the pitfalls they could face with their shareholders.

The restriciton on oil from Russia sort of blew up in our faces, IMO...

We can meet the demand. We just choose not to.
No we can’t.
My first reply to you admitted the Ukraine invasion and COVID had a lot to do with the price increase(the majority of it). However, the administrations policies and spoken words also increase the price. How much is to be determined... 10 cents, 20, 30 maybe 50? Nobody really knows. Some experts suggest simply opening up the Keystone XL pipeline could reduce 10cents a gallon. So I'd say a good assumption is about 20-25 cents.
Keystone is open and running.

The Keystone XL....
It was never open. It was less than 10% completed when Biden shut it down. It would still be a few years out from operation as well.

but we are mostly in agreement. Biden certain hadn’t helped the situation but there are other issues at play here

It was never open. It was less than 10% completed when Biden shut it down. It would still be a few years out from operation as well.

but we are mostly in agreement. Biden certain hadn’t helped the situation but there are other issues at play here
Agree

Gas pricing is speculative. If Biden announced that they were allowed to continue constructing it right now, the price would go down tomorrow. Would also bring back a few thousand jobs.

Either way... It was scheduled to open up in 2013. Obamas admin slowed it down then stopped it.(gas prices went up then too) Would have been 500,000-830,000 barrels per day.

On its own that isn't a whole lot, but everything helps when you are paying $5 a gallon. This is something that blatantly hurts poor people the most since it causes the price of everything to increase, yet certain politically leaning (rich) people are almost celebrating it.(this isn't directed at you or anyone here, just the just buy a tesla people, stop complaining were saving the world types, and its just $5 I'd pay $15 a gallon types)

Between federal and state tax on gas right now it's about 50 cents a gallon depending on the state. Government could certainly suspend or decrease those taxes to save the consumer a significant amount. Supposedly those taxes are used to maintain roadways and infrastructure. If that's the case, there's some major fraud, waste, and abuse going on, because there are shitty roads and crumbling bridges all over the US.

Just curious as to who "we" is? O&G companies? I can kinda of see where they stand, to an extent. Why increase? And the pitfalls they could face with their shareholders.

The restriciton on oil from Russia sort of blew up in our faces, IMO...
We as in the United States. If the government focused on being self sufficient and completely independent of foreign oil, jobs would increase, production would increase and inherently, we would refine at a higher level. Being self sufficient and having policies that focus on being self sufficient is the key.

It's not just foreign oil. I should say. It's also sending our oil out when there is a shortage of supply.

It's not just foreign oil. I should say. It's also sending our oil out when there is a shortage of supply.
Yep. Shut down the exports if U.S. demand supposedly can't be met, pretty simple. America needs to eat first, with our own resources, and it hasn't been happening. I don't think most people realize the U.S. is the top producer of both petroleum and crude in the world. We produce about the same amount as Russia and Saudi Arabia combined, but export a shit ton of it. I guess I'm just a dumbass because I don't understand why we export so much and then turn around and import it from other countries. The majority (over 50%) of imported petroleum and crude come from Canada. Second is Mexico. Russia only supplied less than 8% of U.S. oil imports last year. They are merely a blip on the radar screen as far as the U.S. is concerned.

Reactions: tw3301
Yep. Shut down the exports if U.S. demand supposedly can't be met, pretty simple. America needs to eat first, with our own resources, and it hasn't been happening. I don't think most people realize the U.S. is the top producer of both petroleum and crude in the world. We produce about the same amount as Russia and Saudi Arabia combined, but export a shit ton of it. I guess I'm just a dumbass because I don't understand why we export so much and then turn around and import it from other countries. The majority (over 50%) of imported petroleum and crude come from Canada. Second is Mexico. Russia only supplied less than 8% of U.S. oil imports last year. They are merely a blip on the radar screen as far as the U.S. is concerned.
We can’t really force private companies to do that. They can choose where/what they do with oil.

Gas pricing is speculative. If Biden announced that they were allowed to continue constructing it right now, the price would go down tomorrow. Would also bring back a few thousand jobs.

Either way... It was scheduled to open up in 2013. Obamas admin slowed it down then stopped it.(gas prices went up then too) Would have been 500,000-830,000 barrels per day.

On its own that isn't a whole lot, but everything helps when you are paying $5 a gallon. This is something that blatantly hurts poor people the most since it causes the price of everything to increase, yet certain politically leaning (rich) people are almost celebrating it.(this isn't directed at you or anyone here, just the just buy a tesla people, stop complaining were saving the world types, and its just $5 I'd pay $15 a gallon types)
Keystone XL has always been some weird talking point. Barely anything happened under the Trump admin. There are/were a ton of legitimate hurdles that kept it from being completed.

No we can’t.

On Bidens first day he shut down the Keystone Pipeline. This administration is making it harder for production. They said it during the campaign and are doing it and it is killing the country. The admin policies are destroying our economy. Cant wait for the midterms so the R's can take over, bring these losers in front of committees and punish them.

On Bidens first day he shut down the Keystone Pipeline. This administration is making it harder for production. They said it during the campaign and are doing it and it is killing the country. The admin policies are destroying our economy. Cant wait for the midterms so the R's can take over, bring these losers in front of committees and punish them.

Agreed. This BS by Biden and his idiots in the admin that this is the Putin price hike is just another lie they are telling people. Remember when Biden looked at that little girl, (at least he wasn't sniffing her hair), and said we will shut down fossil fuels in this country. Well, Trump was correct, 5, 6 or 7 dollar gas if Biden got into office. Trump was President during the pandemic and gas was 1.75 a gallon.

The Keystone XL pipeline project was terminated in June 2021 and will not proceed," TC Energy said in an email. "TC Energy has now disposed of almost all of its project-related assets in South Dakota," the Canadian company said in a new report that lists the steps it's taken to exit the state

Keystone XL was halted by owner TC Energy after U.S. President Joe Biden this year revoked a key permit needed for a U.S. stretch of the 1,200-mile project. The Keystone XL pipeline was expected to carry 830,000 barrels per day of Alberta oil sands crude to Nebraska.

The Keystone XL pipeline project was terminated in June 2021 and will not proceed," TC Energy said in an email. "TC Energy has now disposed of almost all of its project-related assets in South Dakota," the Canadian company said in a new report that lists the steps it's taken to exit the state
You said the Keystone. That is still running. Regarding the XL, how much oil was it moving when Biden shut it down?

You said the Keystone. That is still running. Regarding the XL, how much oil was it moving when Biden shut it down?
typical liberal. Using semantics. It was moving enough to have gas at 1.75/gal and not 5/gal.

Face it. Biden is a disaster and it will be proven in November. Thank God.

• Haha
Reactions: Ticket2ride06
typical liberal. Using semantics. It was moving enough to have gas at 1.75/gal and not 5/gal.

Face it. Biden is a disaster and it will be proven in November. Thank God.
I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing. The fact you think XL was moving crude or that you attribute $1.75 gas to Trump.
🤣🤣🤣

I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing. The fact you think XL was moving crude or that you attribute $1.75 gas to Trump.
🤣🤣🤣
Well, Pelosi and Schumer sure did.

🤣🤣🤣
FYI, the policies of the administration directly impact the economy of the US. I don't care about the rest of the world, only the US. The market, inflation, gas prices, food prices, baby formula and the entire economy was doing great under Trump. Now, not so much. Enjoy the midterms.

FYI, the policies of the administration directly impact the economy of the US. I don't care about the rest of the world, only the US. The market, inflation, gas prices, food prices, baby formula and the entire economy was doing great under Trump. Now, not so much. Enjoy the midterms.
Last I checked, the economy was a shit show in 2020 under Trump. Out of control spending, record job losses, huge jobless worker claims, and massive gdp contraction.

Last I checked, the economy was a shit show in 2020 under Trump. Out of control spending, record job losses, huge jobless worker claims, and massive gdp contraction.
We were close to full employment in 2020 before the pandemic. Keep denying the facts, but the market was way up, gas was at 1.75 a gallon, inflation was the lowest in decades. But those darn mean tweets and now we have a. President with decreasing cognitive abilities and who is not even running the country.

We are a laughing stock and weaker country in the world because of the liberal/progressive party at this moment in time. You can't deny that.

So tell us who was President from 2016 until 2019 and then China and Fauci put a stop to it.

ARTICLE
APRIL 2020

Job market remains tight in 2019, as the unemployment rate falls to its lowest level since 1969​

The U.S. labor market remained strong in 2019, as the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent, the lowest rate since 1969. Both the employment–population ratio and the civilian labor force participation rate increased over the year. Levels of long-term joblessness and involuntary part-time employment continued to trend down.
A decade after the end of the Great Recession, the U.S. economy continued to expand, and the labor market remained strong by historical standards. By the end of 2019, the economy had grown for 126 months or 42 quarters, making it the longest economic expansion on record.1

We were close to full employment in 2020 before the pandemic. Keep denying the facts, but the market was way up, gas was at 1.75 a gallon, inflation was the lowest in decades. But those darn mean tweets and now we have a. President with decreasing cognitive abilities and who is not even running the country.

We are a laughing stock and weaker country in the world because of the liberal/progressive party at this moment in time. You can't deny that.
So Trump gets the Covid excuse but not Biden? Interesting…

So tell us who was President from 2016 until 2019 and then China and Fauci put a stop to it.

ARTICLE
APRIL 2020

Job market remains tight in 2019, as the unemployment rate falls to its lowest level since 1969​

The U.S. labor market remained strong in 2019, as the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent, the lowest rate since 1969. Both the employment–population ratio and the civilian labor force participation rate increased over the year. Levels of long-term joblessness and involuntary part-time employment continued to trend down.
A decade after the end of the Great Recession, the U.S. economy continued to expand, and the labor market remained strong by historical standards. By the end of 2019, the economy had grown for 126 months or 42 quarters, making it the longest economic expansion on record.1
UE rate is currently 3.6%

Keep playing games. Enjoy the midterms.
I’m not worried about the midterms. Neither party is worth much in my estimation. The Dems are owned by the Woke crowd and have no real policy. The Pubs want to legislate morality. Both spend to oblivion. I just call a spade a spade. It’s amusing to watch all the Trump Fan boys

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
FTR, I only think one or two people here really like Trump. I think out of 4 opportunities to vote for him(primaries included), he only got 1 vote from me.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
I’m not worried about the midterms. Neither party is worth much in my estimation. The Dems are owned by the Woke crowd and have no real policy. The Pubs want to legislate morality. Both spend to oblivion. I just call a spade a spade. It’s amusing to watch all the Trump Fan boys
Actually, I am a conservative. Not a Trump boy. It just makes me laugh at the alt progressive left who were mad at Trumps mean tweets and personality and voted for a grandpa with dementia and now, here we are.

Pretty obvious that the R policies are better for the country.

FTR, I only think one or two people here really like Trump. I think out of 4 opportunities to vote for him(primaries included), he only got 1 vote from me.
I like conservatives. Trump wasn't my choice, but it is pretty obvious he was a better choice than Dementia Joe and the Hoe. I believe Valerie Jarrett is probably running the country with Obama behind the scenes.

Actually, I am a conservative. Not a Trump boy. It just makes me laugh at the alt progressive left who were mad at Trumps mean tweets and personality and voted for a grandpa with dementia and now, here we are.

Pretty obvious that the R policies are better for the country.
A huge part of being a good president is being a good leader. Decorum. Trying to repress the country as well as the party. Trump went out of his way to be the most divisive president in history. It’s why Biden got 81MM votes. Trump was that hated.

A huge part of being a good president is being a good leader. Decorum. Trying to repress the country as well as the party. Trump went out of his way to be the most divisive president in history. It’s why Biden got 81MM votes. Trump was that hated.
Obama was the most divisive President in my lifetime. Biden didn't get 81mm votes. And Trump spoke the truth and he was right the majority of the time. The media spent 4 years hanging on every word he ever said and made it their mission to destroy him. Just look at what is going on right now. 18 months later and they still are trying to destroy a man that gave up his business to help this country.

He showed how strong we were all over the world and made other countries step up and pay their fair share.

Sad, that the left had to treat him the way they did. They announced impeachment right after the election. The media treated him poorly and when he pushed back, they got meaner and more invasive.

If you can't see that and see how easy they are taking it on Biden, then you are just a partisan hack.

E909-B1-E1-FBA6-4-E4-C-AD44-BF03-DB6-B477-E.jpg
i follow defiantL's on twitter, good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT