ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Sometimes you take kids outside for various reasons. If they have jackets you could spend a couple of minutes outside and it would probably be good for the kids. I wouldn't do it because we aren't allowed here if it is under 40. Plus, I despise the cold so wouldn't for selfish reasons anyway.

I go to bed late and wake up early. Fvcking sucks
I’ve tried to be better with that too, but I generally don’t go to bed until about midnight and wake up around 6 am and work out before I get the day started. I probably should get more sleep, but 6 hours seems to do the trick.

We would go out in the snow for recess below freezing all the time. Walking in snow shoes or playing unsanctioned tackle football.

7 year old me had no problem with it. Best part of the day
Exactly. Bu bu bu but the kids can’t breathe in those masks!!!! Let’s berate them and their parents on their way into school like utter psychos.

Oh please. You guys are being way more stupid than lil brook tried to accuse me of being. There is a huge difference in being active outside and sitting on concrete in the cold.

One, all I said was that it was full potato to teach kids in cold weather instead of in a classroom. Do you disagree?

I said kids are far more likely to get severely ill from being in below freezing temperatures than getting covid. Do you disagree?

Oh please. You guys are being way more stupid than lil brook tried to accuse me of being. There is a huge difference in being active outside and sitting on concrete in the cold.

One, all I said was that it was full potato to teach kids in cold weather instead of in a classroom. Do you disagree?

I said kids are far more likely to get severely ill from being in below freezing temperatures than getting covid. Do you disagree?

I don’t think a 7 minute outdoor break in winter clothes is full potato.. no

Nobody is particularly likely to have any negative health repercussions from 7 minutes in below freezing temperatures. Source: Living life in a place with below freezing temperatures regularly in winter.

Grew up in an are colder than where any of you live. We’d go out twice a day for recess. Below zero was our threshold for too cold do shit outside. Not below freezing. 24 is a warm winter day.

But in all my years in school I never had a teacher dumb enough to take us outside in winter to read us a book. That doesn’t make sense lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm really surprised I've not got it. I'm not vaxxed and talk and ride in cars with ppl all day. On average, I probably meet 7-8 new ppl a day.

Then again, I could have had it, and never knew. I've never been tested. I do still go to the doctor every 3 months but that's for something other than covid.

*knocks on wood

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
It is wild to see how the leaders and country dealt with a pandemic. A lot of true colors have been shown. Who knew so many gave a shit about what you're doing.

I do still go to the doctor every 3 months but that's for something other than covid.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Is it serious? I hope not.
I have noticed over the past couple of years, the more pain I'm in the nicer I get. Shun was on to something.

I feel like the asshole at heart still comes out. I've stalled, but I'll get to 100lbs lost. 120 is the target. 70 is a lull. Eating healthy is easy, exercising is the kicker. I'll get there...and hopefully my liver will thank me.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The fact that my liver and immune system is compromised, makes it a bit more baffling with not getting covid.

I was 309 in April '20 when covid took off. Currently 230 with a goal of my HS weight of 180. I'll settle for under 200. I've asked my doctor if my I should get the shot, and he keeps saying it's up to me. I'd rather not, so as long as he says it. I'm doing ok. Point being, there's a reason I've not got it.

I do like the news right now. The absurdness of it all is must see.

The fact that my liver and immune system is compromised, makes it a bit more baffling with not getting covid.

I was 309 in April '20 when covid took off. Currently 230 with a goal of my HS weight of 180. I'll settle for under 200. I've asked my doctor if my I should get the shot, and he keeps saying it's up to me. I'd rather not, so as long as he says it. I'm doing ok. Point being, there's a reason I've not got it.

I do like the news right now. The absurdness of it all is must see.
Damn, you have lost a ton of weight! That's awesome! I am on a weight loss kick myself. Started (last week) at 231 and my goal is also 180. Basically my diet plan is I can eat whatever, but limiting myself to 1,200-1,500 calories a day, which even if doing no exercise still puts your body into a pretty significant caloric deficit. Drink as much water as possible. I ride a stationary bike 30 minutes a day and am getting ready to add planking and other core exercises and kettlebells to my regimen. I lost 10 lbs in the first week. I know that's not going to be sustainable, but I like seeing the immediate results.

Damn, you have lost a ton of weight! That's awesome! I am on a weight loss kick myself. Started (last week) at 231 and my goal is also 180. Basically my diet plan is I can eat whatever, but limiting myself to 1,200-1,500 calories a day, which even if doing no exercise still puts your body into a pretty significant caloric deficit. Drink as much water as possible. I ride a stationary bike 30 minutes a day and am getting ready to add planking and other core exercises and kettlebells to my regimen. I lost 10 lbs in the first week. I know that's not going to be sustainable, but I like seeing the immediate results.
I shoot for 2lbs a week. I had...got to change my entire way of thinking when it comes to food and health. I've been monitoring everything from sodium to thiamin. I've stalled and got a bit lazy. I really need to work on those last pounds. I'm still a fat f#ck. Just not as much as I was.

Last edited:
I shoot for 2lbs a week. I had...got to change my entire way of thinking when it comes to food and health. I've been monitoring everything from sodium to thiamin. I've stalled and got a bit lazy. I really need to work on those last pounds. I'm still a fat f#ck. Just not as much as I was.

NOW.png
Damn, that's nuts! Keep it up! Forgot to mention I also do intermittent fasting basically every day. I only eat between 11-7 or 12-8. What has your plan been like?

Damn, that's nuts! Keep it up! Forgot to mention I also do intermittent fasting basically every day. I only eat between 11-7 or 12-8. What has your plan been like?
I eat five times a day. Snacks between the three meals. Snacks are either walnuts/almonds and banana/apple. Breakfast is usually oatmeal with honey and berries, lunch is usually a turkey sandwich with different toppings, and supper is protien and veg. I eat supper at least 4 hours before bed. I also add fiber and protein supplements. and walk 2-3 miles a day outside of work. I have a gym membership but never go. It's a whole thing to get ready and go and then change again.

I also eat a lot of baby carrots. When I quit drinking baby carrots became my hand to mouth motion.

Worth noting that eating healthy is way cheaper than eating out. It wasn't always this way but it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I eat five times a day. Snacks between the three meals. Snacks are either walnuts/almonds and banana/apple. Breakfast is usually oatmeal with honey and berries, lunch is usually a turkey sandwich with different toppings, and supper is protien and veg. I eat supper at least 4 hours before bed. I also add fiber and protein supplements. and walk 2-3 miles a day outside of work. I have a gym membership but never go. It's a whole thing to get ready and go and then change again.

I also eat a lot of baby carrots. When I quit drinking baby carrots became my hand to mouth motion.

Worth noting that eating healthy is way cheaper than eating out. It wasn't always this way but it is now.
That is a good system and good diet plan. I don't go to the gym either. Too much of a hassle. I have my exercise bike, a pair of 25 lb kettlebells, and a yoga mat. That's really all you need to work out at home. I say I can eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calorie range but I have been eating healthy. Lean protein, vegetables, apples, bananas, a protein shake here and there. Sometimes I will snack on a chia bar, pumpkin seed bar, protein bar, or protein cookie. That's about it.

That is a good system and good diet plan. I don't go to the gym either. Too much of a hassle. I have my exercise bike, a pair of 25 lb kettlebells, and a yoga mat. That's really all you need to work out at home. I say I can eat whatever I want as long as it is within my calorie range but I have been eating healthy. Lean protein, vegetables, apples, bananas, a protein shake here and there. Sometimes I will snack on a chia bar, pumpkin seed bar, protein bar, or protein cookie. That's about it.
I'm right there guy. Frikcen love yoga. Know my calorie range. mid dsy smoothies are the best.

I didn't think I would be this guy.

Beer and pizza is easy.

I don't have a natural great metabolism. I have to work off the carbs or they go straight to my grandma's hips.

I'm right there guy. Frikcen love yoga. Know my calorie range. mid dsy smoothies are the best.

I didn't think I would be this guy.

Beer and pizza is easy.
I haven't done any yoga yet, but plan to. More for stretching and flexibility than anything else. My muscles are always sore (probably because I never stretch). Right now I just use the mat when I'm doing planking exercises and other core work. 1/2 inch thick foam rubber so it's a must with hardwood flooring throughout the house.

ADVERTISEMENT