ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
The fact is we have no clue about the long term effects of the vaccine.

there was no way zantac 75, an otc heartburn medicine around my whole life could cause cancer, till decades later and they found out it was very much causing cancer, hence the commercials you see every 15 mins.

We also don’t know the long term effects of Splenda, wifi, cell phones, beyond meat, and dozens of other things we put into or around our bodies. That’s just life.

Reactions: Ticket2ride06
We also don’t know the long term effects of Splenda, wifi, cell phones, beyond meat, and dozens of other things we put into or around our bodies. That’s just life.
Well, the counter point to your argument would be, we have had those things for quite a bit longer than the vaccine, which has only been distributed for what, 8 months? I think the general public has a much better idea of what Splenda will do to their bodies than this shot.

That said, I’m not completely against it. I have held the same position for a while. As soon as it is fully FDA approved and not just emergency status, I’ll get it. Until then, Im young and introverted. I’ll be okay.

As for me, we travel a lot so it was much less cumbersome on me to just get it. Going to Europe in a couple months, probably the islands in January. I’m too lazy to have to get a negative test every big trip I take.
Without the vaccine, we'd have to take daily tests, wouldn't be able to go inside restaurants, would have to wear masks, couldn't go to the pools and wouldn't be able to leave the resort. We paid for it last year and we took the raincheck instead of the refund. We would only get 60% back if we wanted the refund now. So... the Bill gates chip it is. <--- just kidding btw.

Reactions: GE Nole
Without the vaccine, we'd have to take daily tests, wouldn't be able to go inside restaurants, would have to wear masks, couldn't go to the pools and wouldn't be able to leave the resort. We paid for it last year and we took the raincheck instead of the refund. We would only get 60% back if we wanted the refund now. So... the Bill gates chip it is. <--- just kidding btw.

giphy.gif

If you believe in science you believe in Big Pharma. That's quite a leap don't you think. Does Big Pharma deal in facts or at least the best possible explanation until something else has a better explanation. @ExitFlagger

Well, the counter point to your argument would be, we have had those things for quite a bit longer than the vaccine, which has only been distributed for what, 8 months? I think the general public has a much better idea of what Splenda will do to their bodies than this shot.

That said, I’m not completely against it. I have held the same position for a while. As soon as it is fully FDA approved and not just emergency status, I’ll get it. Until then, Im young and introverted. I’ll be okay.

“Long term” means 30+ years. We have no real scientific data on wifi or 5G or smart phones in our pocket. And I don’t care. I’m gonna use em all. Not saying you should or shouldn’t. I don’t care if people get vaccinated or not.

I’m just saying I find it funny when people can’t be logically consistent.

Reactions: Ticket2ride06

Yeah we went to St. Lucia this past January and had a really nice time. But I wouldn’t have even gone there if it wasn’t for Covid because we only went because it was the least restrictions. And that was still pretty restrictive.

Made up my mind then that id get the vax when I could. Came in handy as we ended up booking the Europe trip a few weeks ago when I got an alert on google trips about flights being way discounted for a specific week.

Yeah we went to St. Lucia this past January and had a really nice time. But I wouldn’t have even gone there if it wasn’t for Covid because we only went because it was the least restrictions. And that was still pretty restrictive.

Made up my mind then that id get the vax when I could. Came in handy as we ended up booking the Europe trip a few weeks ago when I got an alert on google trips about flights being way discounted for a specific week.

Nice. Did the CDC card work as proof of vaccination when entering Europe or did you have to get some other type or proof?

If you believe in science you believe in Big Pharma. That's quite a leap don't you think. Does Big Pharma deal in facts or at least the best possible explanation until something else has a better explanation. @ExitFlagger

Not what I said.

The point’s simple. Big Pharma is notoriously corrupt. In a Gallup poll from two years ago, the pharmaceutical industry unseated the federal gov’t as Americans’ lowest-rated industry. For good reason.

Fast forward a few months and Americans have pulled a sudden 180 when the “need” for a vaccine arises. Not only that, but shaming and ridiculing anyone who won’t pull a 180 along with them.

We don’t trust the products for which this industry is constantly being sued, but we trust a ZERO liability experimental product that was rushed to market. And despite it already being linked to heart inflammation in young people, serious autoimmune disorders, blood clots and death.

I’d say it’s surprising but it really isn’t.

St Lucia is a wild ride. If you get thrills by taking your life out of your control, take a taxi cab in St Lucia. I damned near almost drowned there. One of the beaches we were at would be calm for a while and then a set of really big waves would come through. Was having fun riding them until a set came in that was one after the other and each bigger than the last. One of them felt like someone grabbing me by the ankles and pulling me back. Every time I would try to get up, I would get knocked down again. It probably felt longer than it really was, but I have never felt so helpless in my life in the water. Would do it again.

St Lucia is a wild ride. If you get thrills by taking your life out of your control, take a taxi cab in St Lucia. I damned near almost drowned there. One of the beaches we were at would be calm for a while and then a set of really big waves would come through. Was having fun riding them until a set came in that was one after the other and each bigger than the last. One of them felt like someone grabbing me by the ankles and pulling me back. Every time I would try to get up, I would get knocked down again. It probably felt longer than it really was, but I have never felt so helpless in my life in the water. Would do it again.

That sounds fun but that’s not the kind of St. Lucia trip we went to. Stayed up on a mountain side at kind of a secluded place (no TVs even) and there was private transportation available down to Sugar Beach, which was more of a cove with snorkeling than a place with big waves.

We loved it, but I’d do your St. Lucia trip too.

That sounds fun but that’s not the kind of St. Lucia trip we went to. Stayed up on a mountain side at kind of a secluded place (no TVs even) and there was private transportation available down to Sugar Beach, which was more of a cove with snorkeling than a place with big waves.

We loved it, but I’d do your St. Lucia trip too.
We did a 3 night trip a few years ago after a cruise with my in laws. We stayed at the royalton. We did beaches the day we got off of the cruise ship. Did a catamaran cruise the next day and then we did some hiking through the mountains with some 16 year old guide. The catamaran cruise was awesome. Anchored out in front of the Piton mountains and snorkeled for a little while. That was one of the best backdrops I have ever seen in person.

Everything we did was on a whim with no knowledge of the island. Call us stupid. There were two days left on the cruise and my wife was getting sea sick everyday. So we went to the desk the night before St Lucia and they found us a cheapish place where we could get back to San Juan in time for our flight. The flight from there to Puerto Rico was also sketchy as shit. About 25 passenger plane with a single propeller.

Not what I said.

The point’s simple. Big Pharma is notoriously corrupt. In a Gallup poll from two years ago, the pharmaceutical industry unseated the federal gov’t as Americans’ lowest-rated industry. For good reason.

Fast forward a few months and Americans have pulled a sudden 180 when the “need” for a vaccine arises. Not only that, but shaming and ridiculing anyone who won’t pull a 180 along with them.

We don’t trust the products for which this industry is constantly being sued, but we trust a ZERO liability experimental product that was rushed to market. And despite it already being linked to heart inflammation in young people, serious autoimmune disorders, blood clots and death.

I’d say it’s surprising but it really isn’t.

“Believing in science” is great and all, but it also requires you to believe in Big Pharma.
We all know pharma and the politicians are corrupt. But ^^^^^ is exactly what you said...

Google machine correct in that 26 total vaccinated people have died from the delta strain???

i know that doesnt take into account each situation and other factors but...........unless google is wrong they still died from covid after being vaccinated.

Yes i understand the delta strain is a diff animal and the 26 people is a small small percentage of the total delta covid deaths in america, but still dead despite being vaccinated raises questions, bc initially it was that the vaccine would keep the delta at bay as well as far as it being life threatening, but thats obv not 100% either.

Im still hing up on only 50 people in america have Been documented as gotten covid twice, and ive already had it. But idk if that means shit in regards to the diff strains.

Im also waiting on an answer on whether or not the vaccine keeps the virus from mutating. It obv works on keeping the symptoms mild and not as likely to have serious problems with covid if vaccinated.

But if you can still get the virus with the vaccine, which u can, can it still mutate ala the delta variant. If not then i will def reconsider and get vaccinated. If it can still mutate im not to keen on gettin a shot that can even possibly make me feel like ass for 3-4 days when ive already had covid and have natural antibodies that fought it off(i assume). Not to mention the questions on the problems some have had that exitflagger mentioned as well as potential long term affects.

If it can still mutate in vaccinated people i dont understand why anyone cares who gets vaccinated as long as they do if they want. If not then yes i will say i think everyone should get vaccinated, bc the last thing we want is to do this all over again bc we rushed back to “normal life” and this new strain runs wild like the first one. But those are questions i dont have the answers

Last edited:
But dont get me wrong im not an anti-vaxxer or anything, just personally dont feel the need. And like jimbo, when it gets fda approved and we have a little more time to chart the first wave of vaccinated people, i will get the vaccine. Until then im in the wait snd see category, until om required to take it bc of travel or work or sonething, which i really dont care. Id want the one shot deal tho if its still an option not the 1 shot now to feel like ass and 1 more 4 weeks later to feel like super ass 😂

Dude did partly hit the nail with the “people just dont want the govt telling them they have to do something” bc thats true as well. Bc the govt is crooked and as pointed out the ONLY industry more crooked is big pharma.

We did a 3 night trip a few years ago after a cruise with my in laws. We stayed at the royalton. We did beaches the day we got off of the cruise ship. Did a catamaran cruise the next day and then we did some hiking through the mountains with some 16 year old guide. The catamaran cruise was awesome. Anchored out in front of the Piton mountains and snorkeled for a little while. That was one of the best backdrops I have ever seen in person.

Everything we did was on a whim with no knowledge of the island. Call us stupid. There were two days left on the cruise and my wife was getting sea sick everyday. So we went to the desk the night before St Lucia and they found us a cheapish place where we could get back to San Juan in time for our flight. The flight from there to Puerto Rico was also sketchy as shit. About 25 passenger plane with a single propeller.

That’s cool the cruise ship helped y’all with that. And yeah the Pitons are spectacular. That’s where we stayed, up on a mountain side that looks right out to the Pitons and down to the water below. Our snorkel spot was probably very close to where your catamaran went.

A cruise ship got stuck on lake barkley last week bout 10 miles from my house. It was comedy, four deck cruise ship got out of the channel and stuck in 6 ft of mud. I think theh finally got it free. If had a boat like that or made travel routes i coukd pick unlimited better routes than memphis via the mississippi up to the ohio then down the cumberland(lake barkely). Which is basically waist deep everywhere but the channel.

Me and my buddies joked we ought to pillage that bitch like pirates after they finally deborded the 180 ppl (avg age 72 😂) our county only got one police boat, it is a badass fan boat tho so it can go anywhere

Reactions: GE Nole
But dont get me wrong im not an anti-vaxxer or anything, just personally dont feel the need. And like jimbo, when it gets fda approved and we have a little more time to chart the first wave of vaccinated people, i will get the vaccine. Until then im in the wait snd see category, until om required to take it bc of travel or work or sonething, which i really dont care. Id want the one shot deal tho if its still an option not the 1 shot now to feel like ass and 1 more 4 weeks later to feel like super ass 😂

Dude did partly hit the nail with the “people just dont want the govt telling them they have to do something” bc thats true as well. Bc the govt is crooked and as pointed out the ONLY industry more crooked is big pharma.
To me this reeks of conspiracy. There's actually some facts behind the testing. Plus the FDA is another red tape machinery.

To me this reeks of conspiracy. There's actually some facts behind the testing. Plus the FDA is another red tape machinery.
Which part reeksnof conspiracy?

The part where i dont feel the need for virus bc

26 vaccinated people have died from the delta strain

Only 50 or so americans have been recorded as catching covid twice, and ive already had it.

Im 34, 160 lbs, have no other health issues except psoriasis

Im fairly introverted, live in a boon dock town, and dont go anywhere thats populated anyways. The dollar store or gas station is about it. I got covid in january at my docs office as i was going for my 6 month check up so i coukd still get my ambien. Which dont work aka 2am message board warrior.

Which part reeksnof conspiracy?

Only 50 or so americans have been recorded as catching covid twice, and ive already had it.

Im 34, 160 lbs, have no other health issues except psoriasis

Im fairly introverted, live in a boon dock town, and dont go anywhere thats populated anyways. The dollar store or gas station is about it. I got covid in january at my docs office as i was going for my 6 month check up so i coukd still get my ambien. Which dont work aka 2am message board warrior.
Try Chamomile tea for sleep.

Oh hell i didnt click to expand to see you had bolded.

I wasnt speaking for me personally; but i can definitely see where people would have that opinion.

Try Chamomile tea for sleep.
Ive never tried any, ill have to give it a shot.

Melatonin doesnt do much for me. Ambien are ok but they kinda give me a little buzz and make me want to smoke cigs all night. I honestly take more in the mornings to deal with anxiety than i do at night bc they calm me down. And good anxiety meds are about as hard to get as pain killers these days. I had a buddybwhose a wrestling coach and broke his dam leg(not femur, tibia or fibia one iirc) to the tune he was in a cast and didnt get any pain killers.

hell ingot ejected from my truck in a wreck in may and cracked a vertebrae and all i got was muscle relaxers, not even tylenol 3 😂

Seroquel works the best as far as putting my ass to sleep but it gives me the craziest, most realistic dreams ive ever experienced. One night i woke up and got in my car and drove to a friends house at 5am bc in my dream he got arrested and was with him, just not driving, so i was going to his house to make sure he didnt have any charges laying around. Absolutely insane, i knew how to break in thru his garage, he had no lock, but when i got inside hebwas standing there in his boxers with a 9mm pointed at my head saying who the **** are you! Why are u in my house. I dropped to my knees threw my hands up and said my full name dont shoot! He was like wtf are u doing and im like how did u make bail so fast and he was like wtf are u talking about 😂

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
For as long as I can remember I never got more than 3-4-5 hours of sleep. I tried melatonin but it made me wake up paralyzed for a couple of moments. I'd wake up and see things and wanted to get up but couldn't move. Didn't like that at all. As a child I'd drive my mom nuts due to I was up and full blast in the middle of the night.

Now I plan on it, and it's fine. However a dang tea helps me sleep longer and better than anything ever. Hot water, tea bags 30 minutes before bed.

Over the years, I've made a bit of money working before work. Also showing up to the 9's while others were dragging ass wearing wrinkled shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Villian07

Wait until you google how many died "after taking the vaccine". In the grand scheme of things(going by percentage who died) its a very small number. However the number its self seems shockingly high when you hear it.

edit- again, not an anti-vaxxer. I just understand people hesitancy.

This is wrong thread to talk about this.
Yea thats on me and my incoherent ramblings, my bad. One more quick ? Tho does anyone make that tea in a bottle or we talking tea bags/pots etc etc

I plan to get vaccinated bc i wanna do some traveling but im in no hurry.

Yea thats on me and my incoherent ramblings, my bad. One more quick ? Tho does anyone make that tea in a bottle or we talking tea bags/pots etc etc

I plan to get vaccinated bc i wanna do some traveling but im in no hurry.
Brew it yourself. It's as easy as boiling water. It comes in teabags. 30 minute before bed and lay down.

5,343 reports of death among vaccinated people as of 5 days ago.

Hard to say how many of those would have died anyway, but it makes you wonder.

If I did plan to get vaccinated, I wouldn’t even consider the Moderna vaccine, given their history and the circumstances of its development.
Jfc surely your talking that many people died from covid or a strain of covid, not got their vaccine and killed in a car accident on the way home right?

How many ppl have to die from the thing its supposed to prevent/protect against before they have to stop calling it a “vaccine”

What about the 1 shot deal. Johnson and johnson maybe, anyone done that one?

#'s can change maybe they will but seems unlikely? Right now the %'s are skewed greatly to show the vax is effective. #'s that died despite taking the vax...the ineffectiveness is close to being on par with chances you'll be struck by lightning in your lifetime.

"Experts" now calling COVID "A Pandemic of the Unvaccinated"... on their death beds some finally figure that out. Maybe.

It was basically a pandemic for the old and/or unhealthy to begin with.

Im too lazy to sift thru that can we talk about thread, but werent the %s of deaths very much comparable to pneumonia or the flu in elderly people?

Reactions: treyforuk
For as long as I can remember I never got more than 3-4-5 hours of sleep. I tried melatonin but it made me wake up paralyzed for a couple of moments. I'd wake up and see things and wanted to get up but couldn't move. Didn't like that at all. As a child I'd drive my mom nuts due to I was up and full blast in the middle of the night.

Now I plan on it, and it's fine. However a dang tea helps me sleep longer and better than anything ever. Hot water, tea bags 30 minutes before bed.

Over the years, I've made a bit of money working before work. Also showing up to the 9's while others were dragging ass wearing wrinkled shit.

Sounds like you are one of the 1-2% of people with a genetic mutation that makes them “short sleepers.”

ADVERTISEMENT