ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
No I plan to have kids and don't want to risk it.

Funny convos with my in laws.

Mother in law on 4th of July: Why aren't you vaxxed?

Me: It doesn't work . People can still get covid. Millions have sued over side effects. I don't trust it...

Mother in law: Please wear a mask when grandpa and grandma come

Me ( I was and did wear one ) Why?

Mother in law : You're not vaxxed

Me: But they are so why should I have to wear one if they're vaxxed. Doesn't it protect them.

Mother in law: But you could have delta variant.

Me: So why aren't you wearing a mask if the vaccine doesn't protect against variants?

Her: * Crickets

Me: Eating right, taking vitamins, getting chiropractic care and making good decisions are undefeated. Sounds the vaccine isn't.

I am 33. My aunt and uncle who are 75 and 89 respectively survived covid twice while having cancer. I have a 99.9 % survival rate. Why would I inject something into my body that causes side effects? Am I a re re?

I know a gal who took a flu vaccine and had an allergic reaction and she has to live with cold systems everyday for the rest of her life (fever, coughing, sneezing and runny nose) ... F that ish

there is no known or plausible way that the the vaccine could cause fertility issues.

There was a fictional show on Amazon called Utopia where a company caused a flu epidemic to distribute a vaccine for population control.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The fact is we have no clue about the long term effects of the vaccine.

there was no way zantac 75, an otc heartburn medicine around my whole life could cause cancer, till decades later and they found out it was very much causing cancer, hence the commercials you see every 15 mins.
there is no known or plausible way that the the vaccine could cause fertility issues.

There was a fictional show on Amazon called Utopia where a company caused a flu epidemic to distribute a vaccine for population control.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Putting foreign substances in your body that cause known side effects effect every part of your organs , including reproductive. You must not know a single doctor, nurse, or chiropractor . You got a degree from the university of cnn propaganda. Literally, pick up a book.

The fact is we have no clue about the long term effects of the vaccine.

there was no way zantac 75, an otc heartburn medicine around my whole life could cause cancer, till decades later and they found out it was very much causing cancer, hence the commercials you see every 15 mins.
No no no....there's no chance of that ever happening. Brooky told me so.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Pretty much, this. If you are vaccinated and are confident that it is an effective vaccine, then why are you worried about other people having the vaccine. If you are not fully confident in the vaccine being effective, why are you telling people to get it?

I have zero issues with young and healthy people choosing not to get the vaccine. Anyone who is in the high risk areas, I think should gwt it. Though I don't judge them for not.

Heard 99% of the recent COVID deaths weren't vaccinated. That's not providing all the details (age, pre-ex condition, location, total counts) but it seems to suggest the vaccine is effective.

Hope this new strain doesn't wipe a ton of people out.

Reactions: duckboy33
I got it. Felt like ****ing ass after my second shot.
I had a knee arthritis issue flare up the day after the 1st. Went away after about 3 days. Nothing on the second.
Whether anyone gets the shot, is up to them. Me, I'll be working with healthcare providers so I got it.

I wanna hear mlre about only 50 ppl getting it twice. Ive already had it so i like those odds if thats true. Def not gonna take a shot that even might make me fee like ass if only 50 ppl have gotten it twice in america, which is what google suggest.

Apparently there is an "outbreak" of the delta variant close to me. No mention of how many, just that some who have it were vaccinated.

Apparently there is an "outbreak" of the delta variant close to me. No mention of how many, just that some who have it were vaccinated.
It's been here in Memphis for a bit. Basically everyone, vaxed or not, is back to square one and wearing masks. Not mandatory yet.

With my job, I've never taken my mask off. That has been mandatory.

I saw Rich Eisen from the football network was vaxed, and he got the Delta.

He says his Dr told him if he wasn't vaxed he'd be in much worse shape or dead.

Who knows?

Maybe the vax doesn't prevent getting Delta but prevents dying from it.

Hop is no dr. Dr. of love maybe.

Pretty much, this. If you are vaccinated and are confident that it is an effective vaccine, then why are you worried about other people having the vaccine. If you are not fully confident in the vaccine being effective, why are you telling people to get it?

I have zero issues with young and healthy people choosing not to get the vaccine. Anyone who is in the high risk areas, I think should gwt it. Though I don't judge them for not.
Everytime a virus infects someone, it has a chance to mutate, which is basically an error in it's self-replication. When enough of these mutations occur, it can lead to a new variant in the virus that has new characteristics than the original virus. As we've seen with the new Delta variant, fully vaccinated people can still get infected, but will likely see much milder symptoms than those not vaccinated. If the virus is allowed to continue to run wild in the population, we will likely see a variant that is mostly immune or fully immune to the vaccine, so then we'll be back to square one. Which is why their is such a push to get everyone vaccinated, even those who aren't at a high risk. So basically, the less chance the virus has to infect someone, the less of a chance the virus has to mutate, therefore snuffing out future variants that could be even more vaccine resistant/deadly.

Reactions: Ticket2ride06
^^^^^ but you can still contract the virus even if vaccinated. Are you saying the vaccination keeps it from mutating?? If not how is the push to get everyone vaccinated doing anything at all?

^^^^^ but you can still contract the virus even if vaccinated. Are you saying the vaccination keeps it from mutating?? If not how is the push to get everyone vaccinated doing anything at all?
The recent #'s hospitals are sharing is the people dying aren't vaccinated.

Reactions: KisteK
There's no shame in that. If it weren't for our vacation requiring it, I wouldn't have bothered. Under 40, above average health and have already had covid.

This is where I am. I had COVID, I’m 29 and I’m reasonably healthy. However, I didn’t care enough one way or the other to not just get it to avoid potential headaches with international travel (going to Italy next May).

Reactions: Villian07

It makes it less likely to contract, so the movement of the virus would be lower and have less of an opportunity to mutate.

The vaccine was never 100% effective in preventing getting the virus. It was said to be up to 95% in testing and the 5% that were getting it were more likely for it to be less severe. It doesn’t mean that you won’t still get it or that it won’t be severe. Just less likely.

What I don’t know is how much more likely the vaccinated are to get the delta variance relative to earlier strains.

They said from the beginning that variants were going to mutate as the virus spread throughout the world and that the variants would become more contagious, but less deadly/severe. Much like the rhinovirus (common cold) to the point where most humans on earth will eventually have the virus in their system. For some reason, now that the virus is doing what they said is was going to do, we're supposed to be scared and fall back in line with the undoubtedly upcoming restrictions and crawl back inside our homes again and watch as governments choke the middle classes into dependency over a virus that has been weakened to a bad cold.(not yet, but getting there)

The recent increase in hospitalizations and deaths is the concern. Hopefully these trends don't continue, and there won't be a call for shutdowns. I know there are a lot of factors, location, age, pre-ex conditions, etc. And those counts below aren't "that" large...

New Hospital Admissions​

The current 7-day average for July 7–July 13 was 2,794. This is a 35.8% increase from the prior 7-day average (2,058) from June 30–July 6. The 7-day moving average for new admissions has consistently increased since June 25, 2021.

Deaths​

The current 7-day moving average of new deaths (211) has increased 26.3% compared with the previous 7-day moving average (167). As of July 14, a total of 605,905 COVID-19 deaths have been reported.

What’s the deal with Florida? Read something about 20% of cases are there or something. Florida does suck, so I’m not surprised.

Reactions: KisteK
The recent increase in hospitalizations and deaths is the concern. Hopefully these trends don't continue, and there won't be a call for shutdowns. I know there are a lot of factors, location, age, pre-ex conditions, etc. And those counts below aren't "that" large...

New Hospital Admissions​

The current 7-day average for July 7–July 13 was 2,794. This is a 35.8% increase from the prior 7-day average (2,058) from June 30–July 6. The 7-day moving average for new admissions has consistently increased since June 25, 2021.

Deaths​

The current 7-day moving average of new deaths (211) has increased 26.3% compared with the previous 7-day moving average (167). As of July 14, a total of 605,905 COVID-19 deaths have been reported.

I don't think there is anything wrong with monitoring trends and showing concern for rising numbers. But hear me out.

This time last year there were 42,000+ hospitalizations. That's 15x more than today. It's not a fair comparison when you do a week over week comparison because there are waves and this is the beginning of the spread of a new and less potent variant. The daily deaths are also almost 15x lower than this time last year.

Right now, the numbers we are seeing (I know people hate to hear this) are more in line with the pre covid previous 5 year average for flu deaths. Hospitalizations are slightly higher than the daily average for the flu. I say this only for perspective. Data from the UK regarding the delta variant shows that is is far less deadly than expected and less symptomatic. Not that we should be nonchalant, just that we should live our lives the way we would during a flu breakout. If you're sick, stay home, but live your lives. No more of this, what about other people. If you're vaccinated and feel safe, great. You can still practice safe distancing and avoid places where you can get sick if that's what you want, but it's time to stop worrying about other people and their choices. We're getting close to 60% of the population vaccinated and I'd like to think that the numbers are much higher in the at risk demographics.

Wouldn’t go that far. A poster just told another poster to pick up a book for once, following a Facebook esque right wing meme. Yep, this place is cringe sometimes but it provides a good laugh.
I was going strictly off the results of the poll

What’s the deal with Florida? Read something about 20% of cases are there or something. Florida does suck, so I’m not surprised.

There was an outbreak with Walmart employees at one location in FL so they closed it yesterday for a deep cleaning. Read they’re opening it back up tomorrow.

I don't think there is anything wrong with monitoring trends and showing concern for rising numbers. But hear me out.

This time last year there were 42,000+ hospitalizations. That's 15x more than today. It's not a fair comparison when you do a week over week comparison because there are waves and this is the beginning of the spread of a new and less potent variant. The daily deaths are also almost 15x lower than this time last year.

Right now, the numbers we are seeing (I know people hate to hear this) are more in line with the pre covid previous 5 year average for flu deaths. Hospitalizations are slightly higher than the daily average for the flu. I say this only for perspective. Data from the UK regarding the delta variant shows that is is far less deadly than expected and less symptomatic. Not that we should be nonchalant, just that we should live our lives the way we would during a flu breakout. If you're sick, stay home, but live your lives. No more of this, what about other people. If you're vaccinated and feel safe, great. You can still practice safe distancing and avoid places where you can get sick if that's what you want, but it's time to stop worrying about other people and their choices. We're getting close to 60% of the population vaccinated and I'd like to think that the numbers are much higher in the at risk demographics.
I thought we were around 50% vaccinated, but I can't lie I don't follow it that closely. I can't see the % moving too much more from where it is. People's decisions are made. There is probably a 5-10% that are kind of waiting to see more in regards to side-effects, etc. It's not that they are all-in against it they are just maybe being lazy about it, talking about that demographic that's not at-risk early 20s- late 20s ish.

I'm not advocating shutting anything down, or telling anybody to get the vax. People should go out and do what they want.

Maybe people that don't take the vax should waive the right to hospitalization treatment etc? What are your thoughts on that? Too harsh?

Reactions: GhostOf301
Maybe people that don't take the vax should waive the right to hospitalization treatment etc? What are your thoughts on that? Too harsh?
Typically, not always, but typically the people who require hospitalization and enhanced treatment are those with underlying conditions that cause the virus to affect them more than the average health person. IMO, I think these people should get vaccinated for their own health. I like the idea of what you're saying, just not sure how ethical it would be. Slippery slope for sure.

Im 34, ive already had covid. Im concerned about possible long term problems.

I believe there was a pandemic due to a virus. They came out with a vaccine for it, so I got it.
I have also had several other vaccines when I was a kid.
It’s wild right? MMRs, Varicella, Hep B, Tdap, Etc.

With lot of countries in the past giving the BCG vaccine for TB.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A lot of religious exemption paperwork going through the med world right now from incoming nursing mostly lol, heard from some friends in the field I know.

It’s wild right? MMRs, Varicella, Hep B, Tdap, Etc.

With lot of countries in the past giving the BCG vaccine for TB.
Wild?

I only know the virus exist, not it’s personality.

“Believing in science” is great and all, but it also requires you to believe in Big Pharma.

And then you have to believe that a rushed, experimental product with zero liability is safer than those that they’re constantly getting sued for.

Very strange that the industry that seemed to have virtually no one’s trust is suddenly the opposite.

People put far worse in their body every day. We walk around with phones next to our dick all day long that probably cause all sorts of long term problems we haven’t discovered yet, so all the “we don’t know about how this rushed product will be for us” is just silly to me.

Get it or don’t get it, makes no difference to me. But for most of the ones not getting it, deep down we all know it’s because they just don’t like being told they have to do something, especially by the Gov.

As for me, we travel a lot so it was much less cumbersome on me to just get it. Going to Europe in a couple months, probably the islands in January. I’m too lazy to have to get a negative test every big trip I take.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT