ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

954gator

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2007
Anyone think they might give Xavier some problems with their length/athleticism? I feel like if they can hit their shots they have the potential to shake things up a bit. FSU hasn't really been able to come through in March and I feel like they're due.

All this of course assuming Mann is go to go. Thoughts?

Reactions: heelpharm
If any team hits outside shots they have a chance. We saw that with Marshall, UMBC, etc. And FSU has proved earlier in the season we can have games where we get quite hot from deep (when Savoy, Angola, Cofer, and MJ Walker are all hitting it can be scary).

But the pathetic excuse for a floor we had to play on might have really damaged our chances. Folks don’t feel good about Mann being back and he’s our leading scorer and rebounder. Ike Obiagu also slipped and turned an ankle. He’s our rim protector. PJ Savoy slipped and hurt his back, though he did return for a couple minutes. We will see how sore it is tomorrow.

I think we keep it a lot closer than last year (low bar, I know) but ultimately I think Bluitt takes over down the stretch and he’s the guy Mann would have been guarding.

Reactions: 954gator
If any team hits outside shots they have a chance. We saw that with Marshall, UMBC, etc. And FSU has proved earlier in the season we can have games where we get quite hot from deep (when Savoy, Angola, Cofer, and MJ Walker are all hitting it can be scary).

But the pathetic excuse for a floor we had to play on might have really damaged our chances. Folks don’t feel good about Mann being back and he’s our leading scorer and rebounder. Ike Obiagu also slipped and turned an ankle. He’s our rim protector. PJ Savoy slipped and hurt his back, though he did return for a couple minutes. We will see how sore it is tomorrow.

I think we keep it a lot closer than last year (low bar, I know) but ultimately I think Bluitt takes over down the stretch and he’s the guy Mann would have been guarding.

Sucks to hear about Mann, that's rough luck with the floor.

Reactions: GE Nole
Sucks to hear about Mann, that's rough luck with the floor.

Yeah, it’s pretty irresponsible by the NCAA. Injuries happen, we all know that. But getting hurt directly because of poor court conditions—when the NCAA is making hundreds of millions of dollars off this tourney—is pretty bush league.

Yeah, it’s pretty irresponsible by the NCAA. Injuries happen, we all know that. But getting hurt directly because of poor court conditions—when the NCAA is making hundreds of millions of dollars off this tourney—is pretty bush league.

It's really bush league. There's no excuse

Couldn't watch any games today due to my temporary depression from last night, but my FSU buddy just told me....nice win. Enjoy the moment fellas!
slow_clap_vanderbeek.gif

Reactions: GE Nole
Couldn't watch any games today due to my temporary depression from last night, but my FSU buddy just told me....nice win. Enjoy the moment fellas!
slow_clap_vanderbeek.gif

Thanks, 954. I’ve always been jealous of y’alls success in March. Maybe this is our year for a run.

Reactions: 954gator
ADVERTISEMENT