ADVERTISEMENT

FSU @ UL....

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
C'mon, bro's----THis game needs a thread...

11-4 early, Noles.

No it doesn’t bc we are about to get boatraced.

FSU is a better team than us anyways, add in the fact that theyve barely missed a shot and this is gonna get ugly.

plus we have nothing inside smdh

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
We’ve picked it up in the second half but damn, FSU is good.

UL just has really long stretches without scoring. They'd be right there with FSU if they could cut those down. Outside of those stretches, they actually score at a higher rate.

Just got here. Damn. 0 3’s from our 2 best 3 point shooters and they still won going away. Gray’s playing like a GAM right now. Really thought this would be close. If you told me MJ was going to score 2...I’d have UL going kick ass.

Wilkes has been a no show on the scoreboard for 2 games Prior. Go figure. He’s streaky. Different guys stepping up when needed I guess.

GG noles fans. Y’all started out hot as a firecracker and we never got it back close enough to put any real game pressure on y’all after that. And we continued our shooting struggles from the Miami game unfortunately.

Super impressed with Gray. He seemed to have improved a ton over the offseason, but also possible he just had bad games against Louisville last year kinda like the Williams kid who got drafted lottery, but I couldn’t much remember what he did against us despite playing y’all twice.

regardless Gray has become a helluva player, and had a really nice game. Also it must be nice when your best player (arguably) MJ Walker didn’t play so well, and y’all still cruised to a DD win. Last year Walker absolutely destroyed us along with vassell iirc.

Barnes is super impressive too, especially when he’s hitting those pull up threes like he did first half.

Wilkes is also a helluva shooter, I don’t remember him at all from last year. First white guard I remember from FSU since Sura 😂. But honestly it seemed like everyone on the roster was splashing threes the first half.

Balsa also impressed me with his just overall athletic ability, good hands, good feet, good passer, good at switching the pick and roll. Still burns me we are gonna get punished for I guess offering to pay him or offering something and he didn’t even come here. Kinda like Kansas getting punished for discussing paying zion when he ended up at duke.

I’m not insinuating that FSU payed balsa or anything like anyone who can play connect the dots knows Duke/Nike did something to secure Zions services. I have no clue, I just know he was the player being discussed with the adidas people and Jordan Fair our former disgraced assistant, where fare infamously said “we have to be careful we are already on probation” smdh, bc it was Kenny Johnson who was busted/fired over the Brian Bowen ordeal.

All in All I’m proud we kept playing hard and didn’t fold like we did at wisky, bc we were down 42-18 15 mins into the game and I thought we were gonna get dropped by 40.

From Saturday to today FSU and UVA set themselves apart from everybody else in the acc imo.

Last edited:
Yeah, FSU is a good team. UNC actually played fairly well against them Saturday. Lost the game at the FT line but hung in there with them. They really do everything well. I'm a huge Hamilton fan so almost always pull for them when they aren't playing the Heels.

Malik Williams is really gonna help UL....

What is up with Minlend?

Fun game. UL just got blitzed early. I thought the Cardinals actually played pretty good ball the last 25 minutes, but it’s hard to come back against a team like FSU when you 1) don’t have a ton of shooters, and 2) just played 40 hours prior.

FSU shooting 44% from 3 in ACC play...so that’s pretty good. Not just one guy either.

The defense still has some lapses. Tanor Ngom is not good in space. At all. And we missed Polite on perimeter D tonight, we are lucky Barnes was able to give it a go.

But Gray has turned into an elite defender and he covers up a lot of mistakes when he’s on the floor. Kind of like Vassell for us last year in that regard. Or Mike Snaer a decade ago.

When Gray and Balsa are both on the court together, the defense is substantially better.

ACC basketball is so much more entertaining than the B1G.

This is a decent game. A lot of end to end action
Ok, I'll bite........

Big 10 has four teams in KenPom AjdO Top 10: Iowa(1), OSU(6), Illinois(7) and Michigan(9)....Wisconsin is 15th....So the Big 10 has 5 teams in the Top 15 in scoring...

ACC has 2: FSU and Virginia.

In, 3.....2......1....

SO scoring isn't entertaining to you?

Got it...

Does kenpom AdjO mean ppg. Or points per possession.

Uva is very much more efficient scoring than UNC, but being nuetral to both, unc is more fun to watch bc the way they play up and down the court so fast, even though they aren’t as good as uva. Same concept for Wisky. Top 15 according to kenpom, but their style of play isn’t as visually appealing to some as teams that run and have lots and lots of possessions, even if their less efficient in those possessions.

personally I enjoy games that are up and down and have lots of fast breaks for both teams as opposed to two teams who walk the ball up and play half court offense every possession.

But in the end it’s about wins and losses, not a beauty contest.

And I’m by no means trying to say the acc has anywhere near the number of good teams as the Big10, just stating I can understand how some fans could see some of the big ten teams as boring to watch, or not as fun to watch bc of style of play. But again that has zero to do with how good they are.

Reactions: GE Nole
Fun game. UL just got blitzed early. I thought the Cardinals actually played pretty good ball the last 25 minutes, but it’s hard to come back against a team like FSU when you 1) don’t have a ton of shooters, and 2) just played 40 hours prior.

FSU shooting 44% from 3 in ACC play...so that’s pretty good. Not just one guy either.

The defense still has some lapses. Tanor Ngom is not good in space. At all. And we missed Polite on perimeter D tonight, we are lucky Barnes was able to give it a go.

But Gray has turned into an elite defender and he covers up a lot of mistakes when he’s on the floor. Kind of like Vassell for us last year in that regard. Or Mike Snaer a decade ago.

When Gray and Balsa are both on the court together, the defense is substantially better.

Yea normally I’d say y’all shot outside shooting was an outlier, but I saw y’all do the exact same thing against ncstate. Might have even shot better against the Wolfpack than us, y’all were on fire. But y’all were on fire early tonight. Blitzed was the perfect word, y’all blitzed is right from the tip and put us in a hole to big to climb out of. Just glad we showed some fight and didn’t get embarrassed like it seemed we were going to be when we were down 24 with five mins left in first half.

hopefully we meet again in the accT. Not bc I think we will win, bc it will mean we most likely made a nice run in the accT, unless we are unfortunate enough to have to play y’all early.

Yea normally I’d say y’all shot outside shooting was an outlier, but I saw y’all do the exact same thing against ncstate. Might have even shot better against the Wolfpack than us, y’all were on fire. But y’all were on fire early tonight. Blitzed was the perfect word, y’all blitzed is right from the tip and put us in a hole to big to climb out of. Just glad we showed some fight and didn’t get embarrassed like it seemed we were going to be when we were down 24 with five mins left in first half.

hopefully we meet again in the accT. Not bc I think we will win, bc it will mean we most likely made a nice run in the accT, unless we are unfortunate enough to have to play y’all early.

I could see FSU as the 2 seed vs UL as the 3 seed in the Semi-Finals.

Does kenpom AdjO mean ppg. Or points per possession.

Uva is very much more efficient scoring than UNC, but being nuetral to both, unc is more fun to watch bc the way they play up and down the court so fast, even though they aren’t as good as uva. Same concept for Wisky. Top 15 according to kenpom, but their style of play isn’t as visually appealing to some as teams that run and have lots and lots of possessions, even if their less efficient in those possessions.

personally I enjoy games that are up and down and have lots of fast breaks for both teams as opposed to two teams who walk the ball up and play half court offense every possession.

But in the end it’s about wins and losses, not a beauty contest.

And I’m by no means trying to say the acc has anywhere near the number of good teams as the Big10, just stating I can understand how some fans could see some of the big ten teams as boring to watch, or not as fun to watch bc of style of play. But again that has zero to do with how good they are.
Here is the thing---And i knew he as speaking in terms of tempo---UL is ranked 325th in poss/per game--67.4...FSU is 162nd(72 per game). Guess what....? That ranks behind Minnesota(37) Iowa(60) Nebraksa(68), PSU(93),Illinois(108) MSU(121) .......NW comes in just below FSU, at 165th.

SO not only do these teams score, they do so at a faster pace.

Its a myth that someone who won't take the time to research, falls for every time. THere is ONE ACC school in the Top 100 for possesions per game....That is Syracuse. There are FOUR Big 10 teams---Minny, Iowa, Nebraska and PSU....

I ws hoping the Sheriff would answer---I was leading him right to this...

For the life of me, I couldn't comprehend the talking heads saying they weren't a FF team.

Yeah that was weird. And then they seemed to talk themselves out of that stance as the game went on.

This year is so crazy anyone in the top 30 could be a legit final four threat. What happens if a couple 1 seeds have a guy out for COVID? After Baylor and Gonzaga, FSU seems to have as good a chance as anyone else.

GG noles fans. Y’all started out hot as a firecracker and we never got it back close enough to put any real game pressure on y’all after that. And we continued our shooting struggles from the Miami game unfortunately.

Super impressed with Gray. He seemed to have improved a ton over the offseason, but also possible he just had bad games against Louisville last year kinda like the Williams kid who got drafted lottery, but I couldn’t much remember what he did against us despite playing y’all twice.

regardless Gray has become a helluva player, and had a really nice game. Also it must be nice when your best player (arguably) MJ Walker didn’t play so well, and y’all still cruised to a DD win. Last year Walker absolutely destroyed us along with vassell iirc.

Barnes is super impressive too, especially when he’s hitting those pull up threes like he did first half.

Wilkes is also a helluva shooter, I don’t remember him at all from last year. First white guard I remember from FSU since Sura 😂. But honestly it seemed like everyone on the roster was splashing threes the first half.

Balsa also impressed me with his just overall athletic ability, good hands, good feet, good passer, good at switching the pick and roll. Still burns me we are gonna get punished for I guess offering to pay him or offering something and he didn’t even come here. Kinda like Kansas getting punished for discussing paying zion when he ended up at duke.

I’m not insinuating that FSU payed balsa or anything like anyone who can play connect the dots knows Duke/Nike did something to secure Zions services. I have no clue, I just know he was the player being discussed with the adidas people and Jordan Fair our former disgraced assistant, where fare infamously said “we have to be careful we are already on probation” smdh, bc it was Kenny Johnson who was busted/fired over the Brian Bowen ordeal.

All in All I’m proud we kept playing hard and didn’t fold like we did at wisky, bc we were down 42-18 15 mins into the game and I thought we were gonna get dropped by 40.

From Saturday to today FSU and UVA set themselves apart from everybody else in the acc imo.

The guys you mention as not remembering last year were kind buried a bit further down Ham’s depth chart. Gray has been a work in progress now for several years. He would flash and then he’d turn the ball over. Looks like it has clicked in and the potential is becoming reality. Getting his body in better shape has helped.

Wilkes, he is a streaky son of a gun. Ham says he’s the best 3 shooter. Season starts and he can’t buy one. Gets hot for a few games, the the 2 games prior to UL I don’t think he scored. Hot again?

Evans has really come alive at guard. Best move Ham made was starting him. He’s been huge the last 3 games and think it took pressure off Barnes.

Osborne has been struggling IMO this year. Last night he did what we expect. 8-12 points, 5-7 rebs, playing tough inside. He can play the 5 when Balsa has a bad matchup. Happy to see him look more comfortable.

Just guys stepping up to bigger roles this year. Think they needed that UCF loss to shake them up.

It's hard to get a read on UL.They're missing players and have a coach who...It's going to be interesting to see where they go from here.

Is it possible for a rival to want others to do well?

It does make the rivalry a lot funner when both teams are good, even though every god team y’all have had beats us by 30.

like this year, it’s always fun/good to beat UK in anything as a cards fan, but it would be much sweeter if y’all weren’t having such a terrible year, imo.

using football as an example, I’m sure Uk fans enjoyed beating lamar his heisman year a helluva lot more than y’all enjoyed beating the 2-10 team we put together after lamar went pro.

Reactions: cdbearde
It does make the rivalry a lot funner when both teams are good, even though every god team y’all have had beats us by 30.

like this year, it’s always fun/good to beat UK in anything as a cards fan, but it would be much sweeter if y’all weren’t having such a terrible year, imo.

using football as an example, I’m sure Uk fans enjoyed beating lamar his heisman year a helluva lot more than y’all enjoyed beating the 2-10 team we put together after lamar went pro.
It's always fun to beat UL.

I like the FSU-UL matchups. We’ve gotten the best of it lately, but UL used to beat FSU like a drum in the old Metro. With everybody healthy on both teams, this matchup is close.

Reactions: FB Nole
Yea I thought last years games were good games too, despite us losing both.

we are missing Malik badly, as we are playing 2 6”8 frosh as our centers, but I’m still not so sure y’all aren’t better than us even if he was healthy. I do hope mineland will bring us some much needed toughness as well, but we have capable backups for his position.

If y’all play, more specifically shoot like you did the first half last night, no way can we hang imo

I mean FSU dominated from the tip with Walker not doin much, and he was my main concern coming into the game. Y’all didn’t even need him to play well to dog walk us.

This is a different team after the break we had after the 2 losses. Don’t know what Ham did, but it’s working.

ADVERTISEMENT