ADVERTISEMENT

FSU getting curb stomped...

Yeah, not at all happy about this. Pretty disappointed in FSU. I would really like to see State go fail in the NIT instead of the NCAAT.

Let’s not get carried away here. Haha. DSJ might set you back 73.5 years.
Shame we'll have to vacate all the wins from last year.

Screenshot_116.png

I really like Markell Johnson. I feel that considering the contract for each guy State is getting more out of him than they did out of Smith.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and Velo1
I really like Markell Johnson. I feel that considering the contract for each guy State is getting more out of him than they did out of Smith.
I think BB statisticians need to add a new column to the stat sheet: “loan amount due”. This way we can see how much agents thought a player was worth coming out of high school.

I think BB statisticians need to add a new column to the stat sheet: “loan amount due”. This way we can see how much agents thought a player was worth coming out of high school.

Haha, no doubt. We could use it when they graduate to compare their value then versus expected potential. In all seriousness, Johnson is a really special player. Dude is crazy impressive.

Yeah that sucked. Didn't see a beat down coming but knew winning there would be tough.

I still think we are in with a W against Clemson or BC and then a W in the ACCT

I didn’t expect 20 point loss, but I did expect a loss. Honestly, expected 8+ point loss.

FSU 0-15 from 3.
NCSU 13-22 from 3.

Yeah....

Reactions: tw3301
Hence, winning in Chapel Hill and losing at home to UNCG.

First time since 2006 FSU failed to make a 3 in an ACC game.
It is going to be an interesting tournament, both. FSU is better than their record. I feel like they are every year. Do you feel like Hamilton has too long of a leash?

Hamilton kind of reminds me of Turgeon- both can get the talent, but no success really in the ncaa tourney...

It is going to be an interesting tournament, both. FSU is better than their record. I feel like they are every year. Do you feel like Hamilton has too long of a leash?

We're always just so inconsistent. I guess we are consistent in that at least. Lol.

We're always just so inconsistent. I guess we are consistent in that at least. Lol.
Yeah but to his point a lot of that has to fall on the coach. FSU the past few years has had quality teams that look like world beaters early then sort of peter out.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301

No. FSU has overachieved the media’s preseason predictions for most years under Ham. If we make the Dance this year, it will be the most NCAAT appearances (6) in a 10 year period in school history.

I’m not quite sure why you (and many FSU fans) think “better than our record” most years—we finished 2nd in the ACC last year with 5 consensus top 100 players on the roster, with only two of them being top 30.

This year, Miami has 3 players who were ranked higher than FSU’s highest ranked recruit, and everyone’s golden boy Jim L has them in essentially the same place as FSU.

Hamilton kind of reminds me of Turgeon- both can get the talent, but no success really in the ncaa tourney...

I think Hamilton is pretty overrated as a recruiter. We have 1 top 50 player on our roster.

Hamilton is really really underrated as a player developer.

Yeah but to his point a lot of that has to fall on the coach. FSU the past few years has had quality teams that look like world beaters early then sort of peter out.

FSU started 2-4 in ACC play this year. Now is 8-8.

Last year FSU finished 2nd with the hardest league schedule of any of the top teams in the conference.

Petered out?

No. FSU has overachieved the media’s preseason predictions for most years under Ham. If we make the Dance this year, it will be the most NCAAT appearances (6) in a 10 year period in school history.

I’m not quite sure why you (and many FSU fans) think “better than our record” most years—we finished 2nd in the ACC last year with 5 consensus top 100 players on the roster, with only two of them being top 30.

This year, Miami has 3 players who were ranked higher than FSU’s highest ranked recruit, and everyone’s golden boy Jim L has them in essentially the same place as FSU.
I think you are better than your record because I have seen the potential. Like stated above, you guys have really good performances early, but fall off late.

I guess I see your point as far as expectations. Perhaps like David Cutcliffe at Duke.

Reactions: tw3301
I think you are better than your record because I have seen the potential. Like stated above, you guys have really good performances early, but fall off late.

I guess I see your point as far as expectations. Perhaps like David Cutcliffe at Duke.

Teams have good games. That doesn’t mean that’s how they should play every game. It means it was a game in which they played well, or maybe had a great game plan, or maybe the other team played poorly, or maybe all of the above.

But teams also have bad games. Especially teams with little experience and no NBA players to fall back on and have them just make plays.

FSU is who it is this year. A decent team that was predicted to be an NIT team and has managed, despite several injuries, to get enough wins together to put themselves in position for an NCAAT bid.

FSU started 2-4 in ACC play this year. Now is 8-8.

Last year FSU finished 2nd with the hardest league schedule of any of the top teams in the conference.

Petered out?
Didn't do any research, just the way it seems to me. Admittedly I don't follow FSU much.

I'd just like to see us put together 2 halves of basketball more consistently-even if we lose.

The easiest thing we could do to help ourselves out is schedule a better non con. We keep playing bottom feeders of bad leagues instead of the top teams in lesser leagues. You still get wins, but they are against much higher RPI teams. We can't be scheduling Nichols st and kenesaw state and such.

Reactions: GE Nole and tw3301
I'd just like to see us put together 2 halves of basketball more consistently-even if we lose.

The easiest thing we could do to help ourselves out is schedule a better non con. We keep playing bottom feeders of bad leagues instead of the top teams in lesser leagues. You still get wins, but they are against much higher RPI teams. We can't be scheduling Nichols st and kenesaw state and such.

Bingo.

Non-con SOS has typically been abysmal under Hamilton. Even when we have good teams, they still aren’t smart schedules. Don’t schedule 2-3 elite teams and then 7-8 horrific teams. Schedule solid teams from bad leagues.

FSU would have gone dancing 3 or 4 more times under Hamilton if we just scheduled smarter and manipulated the RPI. And the more times you make it, the more chances of the bracket breaking your way and having a deep run.

I think our 2006 team (19-9, 9-7 on Selection Sunday) was built for a good run, but the OOC SOS doomed us.

UNCG is actually half-way decent. They're 81 in the RPI, 15-3 in conference play, and hey they even beat Wofford twice.

Hahaha, fair enough. Maybe we all should have seen that loss coming.

Substitute the Northern Iowa loss for NCSU.

Reactions: dukedevilz
NC State started 0-3 in ACC play and are now 10-6.

The players have adjusted to K^2s system and have been playing solid team ball these past two months. I think Keatts and staff have enabled the players to reach their potential. I like their trajectory heading into March.

ADVERTISEMENT