FSU at UF tonight, 9pm on ESPN2

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
I am preparing my anus.

I would have really liked to see this game if we had Chris Koumadje (7'4) healthy, but thems the breaks. UF is just so deadly from three, I think they blow this open in the second half, feeding off the home crowd.

On the plus side, both teams like to run so it should be a fast paced, entertaining game. UF just has more talent than FSU this year.

The Seminoles' 3-game winning streak over UF ends, 95-83.

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301

WojoRising

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2015
I haven’t seen any of FSU this is year and didn’t even realize CK was banged up.

All I know is I was really impressed with Florida...but I assume FSU is huge as usual, so the opportunity to create some havoc should be there if the cards are dealt right.

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
I haven’t seen any of FSU this is year and didn’t even realize CK was banged up.

All I know is I was really impressed with Florida...but I assume FSU is huge as usual, so the opportunity to create some havoc should be there if the cards are dealt right.
We are a bit smaller (not small, just smaller) than usual and that's exacerbated by CK being out. FYI, he's out at least another 3-4 weeks with a foot injury.

Freshman 7-footer Ike Obiagu is a shot blocking machine, but he's also VERY raw on offense. Like, a liability at times. Redshirt freshman Mfiondu Kabengele has flashed brilliance at times, but he's more of a jumbo wing than a true big man, so he's having to cross train right now.

If our 3 point shooting is falling, we might keep it close. Lately we've been either white hot or ice cold. The other big factor is rebounding. We have been monsters on the offensive glass (5th in the country), but awful on the defensive glass (319th). We will have to grab more of UF's misses to have any chance.

npreston

Apr 15, 2004
Florida is a top 5 team right now. They could swap places with Kansas, and I'd be fine with it. Good luck tonight @GE Nole. You should start drinking soon.

Reactions: GE Nole

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
IMO UF is the best team in the SEC thus far. I think the SEC title is theirs to lose.

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
I don’t see how Florida loses a home game this year unless we flat out suck. And we did vs. New Hampshire and only won by 7.

I think FSU can certainly disrupt us enough offensively to make it close. And FSU always seems to play well vs. top 10 teams. I think FSU is always athletic enough that if they’re focused they are tough, tough to beat.

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
We are a bit smaller (not small, just smaller) than usual and that's exacerbated by CK being out. FYI, he's out at least another 3-4 weeks with a foot injury.

Freshman 7-footer Ike Obiagu is a shot blocking machine, but he's also VERY raw on offense. Like, a liability at times. Redshirt freshman Mfiondu Kabengele has flashed brilliance at times, but he's more of a jumbo wing than a true big man, so he's having to cross train right now.

If our 3 point shooting is falling, we might keep it close. Lately we've been either white hot or ice cold. The other big factor is rebounding. We have been monsters on the offensive glass (5th in the country), but awful on the defensive glass (319th). We will have to grab more of UF's misses to have any chance.
Does FSU recruit any players from the United States or is your off-season just a shot for shot remake of "The Air Up There" every year?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Does FSU recruit any players from the United States or is your off-season just a shot for shot remake of "The Air Up There" every year?
The Air Up There.

The only thing is, sometimes our coaches hear about kids from Georgia and think it's the country, not the state. So we end up with a lot of kids from there (Toney Douglas, Al Thornton, Chris Singleton, Malik Beasley, MJ Walker, etc.).

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
FSU putting it on Florida so far. Nasty athletic FSU team.

I love the way FSU shares the ball.

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Fun game so far. Had the worse flagrant call I think I've ever seen earlier.

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
FSU putting it on Florida so far. Nasty athletic FSU team.

I love the way FSU shares the ball.
I'm nervous that y'all are about to light it up from 3 in the second half. But Ham definitely has this team bought into his system, that's for sure.

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
This looks like a game where FSU knew they belong and Florida thought they’d prove that FSU doesn’t. Reality check.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
I'm nervous that y'all are about to light it up from 3 in the second half. But Ham definitely has this team bought into his system, that's for sure.
Even if we do and win by 10, you guys have a great team this year. These games are nothing, but confidence builders. If you don’t shock us you’ll shock a couple others pretty soon. But if you guys go on a quick run here you could really put the pressure on.

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
We are getting WHOOPED. Hustle by FSU.

FSU might not have 3 top 10 draft picks, but they honestly remind me of the 06-07 Gator teams. No one star. Team defense. So unselfish.

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Gators, what's up with your floor? Is it new? Always this slick?

NorthJerseyGator

Sep 17, 2010
Damn, we suck d*ck tonight. FSU came to play and we look like we rolled out of bed. Is it rust from not playing for over a week?

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Strong performance by FSU. Florida looks lost or disinterested one or the other.

Reactions: KisteK

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
Until/if Egbunu gets back, Florida will get dominated inside a couple times like tonight.

For now we live and die by the 3.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
FSU underrated and it's gonna hurt Florida since FSU isnt ranked.

Just like Seton Hall at Louisville yesterday. Im only upset because we lost a home, because it looks bad.

But both FSU and SH are great teams.

FlGator22

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
Congrats Noles.

Everyone will look at this and say Florida is overrated (and until we play defense we are), but FSU deserves tons of props. If it was just Florida was overrated we would have lost on a buzzer beater. This was a clinic.

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Thanks @FlGator22. Classy post. I did not see this coming at all. Especially the night Chiozza had.

This was such a critical win because we honestly don't have many chances for noteworthy wins until ACC play. And starting conference play with @duke, UNC, Miami...well I'm glad we got this one.

Reactions: FlGator22