ADVERTISEMENT

Four games into the season tell us something of your team

Did you even watch the game last night... Please, telling me I have no idea is laughable coming from you. Watch his highlights last night and tell me who's the idiot. Did you ever even play sports? I'm doubting it.

I bet you don't know what he said about his time at WV. I do. And I've listened to Cal on how O can shoot.

Watch this, then get back to me lmao.

11-14 fg 2-2 FT 16 reb 3 blk

During a 5 minute shooting drill, not layups, not dunks, but actual shots, get this he made 87 only second to Wiltjer.

I bring facts, you bring your terrible bad opinions...

He made a couple last night; hell I made 2 from half court in one game when I was in high school. I'll make you a bet; Oscar will have all the 15 footers he wants this year. Wanna take that bet?

And I love it that you're caught up in shooting drills; shows exactly what you know. Hint: game situations against quality opponents are a much different animal. But you wouldn't know that.

Another thing...anytime you want to talk X's and O's you choose the topic.

BTW, which NBA team do you scout for?

"At this point he’s a limited offensive player who scores mostly on put backs and dunks. He doesn’t project as a much of a floor spacer at any point in his career."

Last edited:
Kentucky is an elite shooting team and Calipari is the last coach I trust to actually have them playing to their strengths
We shot 10 threes last night. Granted you expect us to bully ball the smaller schools, but teams like Duke or Gonzaga, we are going to have to take a lot of them. But I agree, we have the ability to shoot teams out of the gym this year.

Drew Timme is the best player in college. And the freshmen may contribute more than I thought.

Also 2/3 best teams on the west coast are from the WCC. Idk if another conference has 3 better wins so far than against Texas, Oregon and San Diego State.

Reactions: bignish
giphy.gif

It looked like a high school team playing against grown men last night. Tough to watch. Houston reminded me of the kind of defense we used to put on the floor but with athletes at every single position.

Reactions: dukedevilz
He made a couple last night; hell I made 2 from half court in one game when I was in high school. I'll make you a bet; Oscar will have all the 15 footers he wants this year. Wanna take that bet?

And I love it that you're caught up in shooting drills; shows exactly what you know. Hint: game situations against quality opponents are a much different animal. But you wouldn't know that.

Another thing...anytime you want to talk X's and O's you choose the topic.

BTW, which NBA team do you scout for?

"At this point he’s a limited offensive player who scores mostly on put backs and dunks. He doesn’t project as a much of a floor spacer at any point in his career."
He made more than a couple lmao. . You're in different reality dude... I'll make you a bet. You couldn't make 40 in 5 minutes. Since we're measuring shots, I made 16-24 3's at an Sec tournament. It was for fans and I won it. Hell I've made 3 consecutive hook shots from half court. What's our shooting have to do with the actual facts concerning Oscar?

He made more than a couple lmao. . You're in different reality dude... I'll make you a bet. You couldn't make 40 in 5 minutes. Since we're measuring shots, I made 16-24 3's at an Sec tournament. It was for fans and I won it. Hell I've made 3 consecutive hook shots from half court. What's our shooting have to do with the actual facts concerning Oscar?
I'd take that bet hoss.

He made 3 face up jumpers that weren't layups, dumba$$; "Our" shooting illustrates that on a given day anybody can make a particular shot. Ben Simmons has made a 3 but that doesn't make him a good shooter. YOu're just not very smart. I'll leave you alone :D

Drew Timme is the best player in college. And the freshmen may contribute more than I thought.

Also 2/3 best teams on the west coast are from the WCC. Idk if another conference has 3 better wins so far than against Texas, Oregon and San Diego State.

And Santa Clara has wins over Stanford and Nevada, two preseason top 70 teams by KenPom.

Saint Mary's is the fourth highest ranked WCC team in KenPom, coming in at #41. Would be wild if WCC got 4 teams in the dance this year. I'm thinking 3 tournament bids this year, but 4 bids isn't out of the question. OOC metrics are going to look really strong. Likely the 7th best conference in the country.

Reactions: KisteK
3 games in and I learned that they didn’t really practice playing defense in the off-season. Hoping they can learn on the fly.

So, not feeling great about the Purdue game coming up?

I’m looking forward to seeing Hubert coach against a good team and seeing what kind of adjustments he can make in-game, but I don’t really know if we’re capable of stopping them.

The offense has looked pretty solid so far. Each game they’ve shot above 50% and the spacing has really opened things up for Caleb Love and RJ Davis to drive, as well as Bacot down low with it harder to double. But they’re struggling to put bad teams away, which is never comforting.

Oscar had a really soft jumper last night when I watched. I was skeptical about him taking them at first, but he swished all of them, from what I remember. If he's shooting confidently and not touching the rim on them, that will be absolutely massive for UK.

I'd take that bet hoss.

He made 3 face up jumpers that weren't layups, dumba$$; "Our" shooting illustrates that on a given day anybody can make a particular shot. Ben Simmons has made a 3 but that doesn't make him a good shooter. YOu're just not very smart. I'll leave you alone :D
Your premise has been busted. Give it up. Listen to Cal post game, he refutes every premise you've made.
lol on the not too smart thing. You're just a name caller that's full of shirt lmao. I'll match athletic awards and intelligence against you anytime.

And Santa Clara has wins over Stanford and Nevada, two preseason top 70 teams by KenPom.

Saint Mary's is the fourth highest ranked WCC team in KenPom, coming in at #41. Would be wild if WCC got 4 teams in the dance this year. I'm thinking 3 tournament bids this year, but 4 bids isn't out of the question. OOC metrics are going to look really strong. Likely the 7th best conference in the country.
Will be interesting as I was hoping USF would make the jump this year. But their OOC isn’t very good and BYU May be too good for them to beat in conference. Still, it’s a very good start for the WCC.

Your premise has been busted. Give it up. Listen to Cal post game, he refutes every premise you've made.
lol on the not too smart thing. You're just a name caller that's full of shirt lmao. I'll match athletic awards and intelligence against you anytime.
Yea, Cal always tells the truth. RollLaugh

Let's do it big guy. Let's talk X's and O's. You choose the topic.

Fully believe some ppl, when given freedumbs, should be medicated.

Loaded.

Four games into the season and UT got shrimp slapped by Nova. It was like Blitzkrieg 1939 and we were the Polish. We kinda held our own in the 2nd half, but on wobbly legs. We took it out on UNC. We pretty much dominated them in every way you can dominate someone. We also unleased a 3 guard set that was very impressive. The Vols are 3-1 now with a chip on their shoulder.

This week will tell us a ton about Kansas. I think Jalen wilson will be our 2nd best player...

It'll be interesting to see what self does with the line up. Here are 3 options

(the one I like best) this line up has 2 PG's. a pass first (harris) and a score first (remy) and your 3 best scorers and length.

C -Dave McCormack 6'10
F - Jalen Wilson 6'8
G - Ochai Agbaji 6'6
G - Remy Martin 6'0
G - DeJuan Harris 6'1

One people most think will happen but one I think that would have chemistry issues and lack of ball handlers

C Dave 6'10
F Jalen 6'8
G Och 6'6
G Braun 6'6
G Remy 6'0

The controversial lineup (yep, have remy off the bench)

Dave 6'10
Jalen 6'8
Och 6'6
Braun 6'6
DeJuan 6'1

or keep the lineup the same as is and have Jalen off the bench. I think teams with size will hurt this one

Dave 6'10
Braun 6'6
Och 6'6
Remy 6'0
DeJuan 6'1

Like I said I would go with Lineup 1 and bring Christian Braun off the bench

ADVERTISEMENT