ADVERTISEMENT

Four games into the season tell us something of your team

That's the methodology Cal has used for all our centers. However he's encouraging Oscar to shoot. Keep an eye on Collins...

again Oscar was 17 pts 19 rebs you are bitching about nothing
Rip Thru is nothing if not by the book.

That's the methodology Cal has used for all our centers. However he's encouraging Oscar to shoot. Keep an eye on Collins...

again Oscar was 17 pts 19 rebs you are bitching about nothing
Encouraging him to Shoot? The question is "why"? As for the "bitching", let me know when you see a post move and a bucket out of that dude there, Naismith.

There's a reason he's not projected well in the draft.

Clark should be above criticism ever because of one FVCKING play he made a couple of years ago.

He definitely gets a free pass for life from me for that one play. Other UVA fans are fickle bitches though.

With that said, I still really don't want him to use his COVID year to come back next year. But I would understand if he wanted to get a free masters at UVA.

Wendell Moore has finally figured it out and looks like he's about to have a breakout junior season. He might be the most important player on Duke with his defense, secondary ballhandling responsibilities, shooting and ability to drive to the hole consistently now.

Reactions: ceilo77 and tw3301
Coleman Hawkins looks like he has a chance to take a big step at the 4 for Illinois. He can do a little bit of everything. His shot and decision making still need polished, but if he figures it out, we don't have a weakness on our roster.

Oregon is still trying to figure out how to play with each other. The talent is there but there are a lot of new guys via the transfer portal. Offense wasn't clicking against Texas Southern, not at the level they need it to. Oregon has SMU and BYU coming up over the next few days. Those are going to be good tests for Oregon early in the season.

Offense was a lot better on Friday against SMU. Richardson and Young have played really well in Oregon's first two games. Eric Williams played very well against SMU. I like Altman using his smaller lineup to spread the court and create one on one opportunities while having the bigs if he needs them.

I've been a little disappointed with Harmon and Guerrier. I thought they would have played better but they're both new to the program and it's very early in the season. I'm sure they will get it going at some point this year. Huge test against BYU on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how they shoot the ball when they're not playing at home. I know the game is in Portland and the crowd will be mostly Duck fans but it's good experience to play some games away from home early in the year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Wendell Moore has finally figured it out and looks like he's about to have a breakout junior season. He might be the most important player on Duke with his defense, secondary ballhandling responsibilities, shooting and ability to drive to the hole consistently now.
I like it.

Encouraging him to Shoot? The question is "why"? As for the "bitching", let me know when you see a post move and a bucket out of that dude there, Naismith.

There's a reason he's not projected well in the draft.
bitching = complaining Because he can. Oscar has developed a 15 footer. Who said anything about the draft? Who cares. 17 and 19 game 1 14 and 20 game 2. I'll take those out of a UK center anytime. You should replace Cal as the coach or at least call him and provide your wonderful insight on 255 lb 7% body fat Oscar.

Last edited:
bitching = complaining Because he can. Oscar has developed a 15 footer. Who said anything about the draft? Who cares. 17 and 19 game 1 14 and 20 game 2. I'll take those out of a UK center anytime. You should replace Cal as the coach or at least call him and provide your wonderful insight on 255 lb 7% body fat Oscar.
You have no idea what you're watching when you watch UK play. No clue what a post move is obviously. You moved the goalposts 3 times in this post alone. There is a reason he got lost at WVU. He couldn't score. He can dunk and make a layup. That's the extent of his offensive repertoire. He can shoot a 15 footer? When have you seen him make one? Nobody said he couldn't rebound. Nobody said he was fat. Idiot.

CatFight_8381051_original.jpg

Cat fight!

I try to stamp out ignorance, wherever I find it.
You two are definitely different style of posters. He is a more figurative type poster and you are more literal.
Regardless, I like you both.

I'm excited about the new CBB year! Y'all played Duke and already have a feel of elite competition, we have only played peanut teams, but that changes Saturday when we meet Nova. I penciled the Vols to take an "L" in that one, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: RipThru
You two are definitely different style of posters. He is a more figurative type poster and you are more literal.
Regardless, I like you both.

I'm excited about the new CBB year! Y'all played Duke and already have a feel of elite competition, we have only played peanut teams, but that changes Saturday when we meet Nova. I penciled the Vols to take an "L" in that one, I hope I'm wrong.
Two things...Chandler is the real deal, and John Fulkerson is gonna break his hip if he doesn't retire soon.

Where is the Nova game?

Two things...Chandler is the real deal, and John Fulkerson is gonna break his hip if he doesn't retire soon.

Where is the Nova game?
Tip Off Tourney in Connecticut.

Tennessee vs Nova Saturday
UNC vs Purdue

Winners play Sunday and so do the Losers.

Reactions: RipThru
Offense was a lot better on Friday against SMU. Richardson and Young have played really well in Oregon's first two games. Eric Williams played very well against SMU. I like Altman using his smaller lineup to spread the court and create one on one opportunities while having the bigs if he needs them.

I've been a little disappointed with Harmon and Guerrier. I thought they would have played better but they're both new to the program and it's very early in the season. I'm sure they will get it going at some point this year. Huge test against BYU on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how they shoot the ball when they're not playing at home. I know the game is in Portland and the crowd will be mostly Duck fans but it's good experience to play some games away from home early in the year.

So, Williams at the 4 and Guerrier at the 5? Is that the starting frontcourt? Interested to see Rivaldo Soares play. Not a whole lot of people were talking about him in the offseason. The attention was mostly centered on the transfers of Young, Harmon, and Guerrier.

Feel like your team is going to be tough for anyone to handle, with essentially five guards in the lineup. Athletic and mostly good shooters. I think Oregon could easily win tonight by double digits. BYU is more athletic than most of their teams in the past, albeit they've sacrificed a bit in terms of shooting (i.e. Lucas, Knight, Lohner). Just contain Barcello, and you should have a relatively easy win, IMO.

Reactions: duckboy33
So, Williams at the 4 and Guerrier at the 5? Is that the starting frontcourt? Interested to see Rivaldo Soares play. Not a whole lot of people were talking about him in the offseason. The attention was mostly centered on the transfers of Young, Harmon, and Guerrier.

Feel like your team is going to be tough for anyone to handle, with essentially five guards in the lineup. Athletic and mostly good shooters. I think Oregon could easily win tonight by double digits. BYU is more athletic than most of their teams in the past, albeit they've sacrificed a bit in terms of shooting (i.e. Lucas, Knight, Lohner). Just contain Barcello, and you should have a relatively easy win, IMO.

Yeah, right now Williams is starting at the 4 and Guerrier at the 5. I'm interested to see if that changes when Dante comes back. My guess is that it doesn't but Altman is quick to adjust if he needs the bigs.

You're right about Soares. He's been a huge addition for the Ducks. His energy, athleticism and scoring ability has been a huge boost. Plus, he allows them to continue to play small when they go to their bench.

As for the BYU game, I'm not sure what to expect. They've defended well in both of their games but Oregon provides a different challenge to them as they should be one of the best offensive teams in the country this year. BYU lacks a dominant big so Oregon should be able to get away with their small lineup, at least in theory.

Yeah, right now Williams is starting at the 4 and Guerrier at the 5. I'm interested to see if that changes when Dante comes back. My guess is that it doesn't but Altman is quick to adjust if he needs the bigs.

You're right about Soares. He's been a huge addition for the Ducks. His energy, athleticism and scoring ability has been a huge boost. Plus, he allows them to continue to play small when they go to their bench.

As for the BYU game, I'm not sure what to expect. They've defended well in both of their games but Oregon provides a different challenge to them as they should be one of the best offensive teams in the country this year. BYU lacks a dominant big so Oregon should be able to get away with their small lineup, at least in theory.

That starting lineup is so dynamic. It's perfect for creating mismatches on the offensive end - beating guys off the dribble, forcing guys to rotate, leaving lots of open space to exploit. I'm envisioning most of the Oregon games being similar to the Iowa Round of 32 matchup. It's going to take a really strong defensively-minded team to slow down the Ducks.

I think BYU's defense is stronger than it's been in a while. Possibly Top 25 strong. But yes, as you mentioned, facing Oregon is a completely different animal altogether. Don't think their scoring can stay on pace with Oregon's. But, I am really intrigued by their freshman big, Traore. Dude played at Wasatch Academy and wasn't a ranked recruit? How does he go under the radar? He looks like a seasoned vet, who could be an all-conference player with a year of development.

Reactions: duckboy33
Like what I saw vs NIU. Defensively we were really good. Had they not hit 19 FT's, bit sure they would have scored 30 points. Shooting was better, and survivable(8-24). 77% from the line. Need Stewart, Bates and Kopp to knock down open looks. TJD looks much improved....better off the dribble....seems more physical. Like our depth.

Will certainly know more after tomorrow night vs St. John's.

You have no idea what you're watching when you watch UK play. No clue what a post move is obviously. You moved the goalposts 3 times in this post alone. There is a reason he got lost at WVU. He couldn't score. He can dunk and make a layup. That's the extent of his offensive repertoire. He can shoot a 15 footer? When have you seen him make one? Nobody said he couldn't rebound. Nobody said he was fat. Idiot.
Did you even watch the game last night... Please, telling me I have no idea is laughable coming from you. Watch his highlights last night and tell me who's the idiot. Did you ever even play sports? I'm doubting it.

I bet you don't know what he said about his time at WV. I do. And I've listened to Cal on how O can shoot.

Watch this, then get back to me lmao.

11-14 fg 2-2 FT 16 reb 3 blk

During a 5 minute shooting drill, not layups, not dunks, but actual shots, get this he made 87 only second to Wiltjer.

I bring facts, you bring your terrible bad opinions...

Last edited:
Before this season, the last time UVA had a losing record was November 13, 2012

ADVERTISEMENT