ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you with experience attending March madness

frazor

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
How are ticket packages sold and for how much?

Thanks

I've been once but was given the tickets. If no one here answers I'll ask a buddy of mine who goes now and then and has been to some Final Fours.

Reactions: frazor
Use a travel site for tickets , hotel rooms and whatever else you want to do.

First weekend tickets were usually relatively cheap in Pittsburgh when they had an opening round pod.

Reactions: PA_Panther
I have an open invitation from my cousin to any thing in Atlanta.
I'd have to hang out with a pretentious prick in exchange.
you should be well versed hanging out with same types on this forum🤣

Thanks
They are usually broken up into sessions 3 sessions. Sessions 1 and 2 are day one and session 3 is the final day.

Here is the official site: https://www.ticketmaster.com/marchm...FJHsnMGr_JlNrKjTYVYaAuEMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pricing on the secondary market all depends on who gets sent where. For example when OSU and Villanova get sent to Pittsburgh pricing goes up. When schools like Arkansas and UNC get sent prices go down because of lack of demand.

Anytime it’s in Pittsburgh, my buddies and I will splurge and hit the first session. Not like we need hotels or anything. Hell one year there was amazing weather and we tailgated with a bunch of randoms.

This year we are hitting Vegas for the first round and can’t wait

They are usually broken up into sessions 3 sessions. Sessions 1 and 2 are day one and session 3 is the final day.

Here is the official site: https://www.ticketmaster.com/marchm...FJHsnMGr_JlNrKjTYVYaAuEMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pricing on the secondary market all depends on who gets sent where. For example when OSU and Villanova get sent to Pittsburgh pricing goes up. When schools like Arkansas and UNC get sent prices go down because of lack of demand.

Anytime it’s in Pittsburgh, my buddies and I will splurge and hit the first session. Not like we need hotels or anything. Hell one year there was amazing weather and we tailgated with a bunch of randoms.

This year we are hitting Vegas for the first round and can’t wait
Thanks for the info. Could be pricey in Birmingham with maybe Alabama's best team in 30 years and FF aspirations. Even though it's just a mock bracket Lunardi has Bama, Houston, Iowa, Creighton, and UNC all playing in Birmingham for their respective regions. Would be a fantastic 4 days of basketball to take in.

Really depends on the year and location. If you’re looking to see a specific team play, you obviously have to wait until Selection Sunday to be sure of what city and what session your desired team is playing in. This typically means you’re gonna pay more for hotels, tickets, etc.

Whereas, if you’re just looking to have fun and enjoy March madness, you can buy a session or package of sessions now for an okay price.

The last time I went was 2017 in Orlando. I think it was like $90 for lower level seats in session 2, and then for the round of 32 we bought box seats for like $315 (two games).

When I lived in Raleigh and would go, we used to wait until teams lost and then buy round of 32 tickets cheaper from dejected fans who’s team was out and they just wanted to go home.

Reactions: frazor
Go if your team makes it to the Sweet Sixteen and hopefully on to the Elite Eight. Games are played in arenas and not big-ass stadiums. The intensity is off the charts—the thrill of a lifetime.

March 23 & 25West RegionalLas Vegas, NVT-Mobile Arena
March 23 & 25East RegionalNew York, NYMadison Square Garden
March 24 & 26Midwest RegionalKansas City, MOT-Mobile Center
March 24 & 26South RegionalLouisville, KYKFC Yum! Center

Thanks
well lets see....I've been twice when the openings rounds were at the Rosemont Horizon AKA Allstate Arena. Went in 1987 and saw the greatest game I've ever seen in my life. OT thriller with DePaul beating St. Johns. Battle of two NYC legends in Rocket Rod Strickland vs Mark Jackson. DePaul had to miss a free throw at the end of regulation and get the rebound and lay it in just to get to OT. This is also the place where I became an LSU fan.

Also went in 1993 and saw Jason Kidd vs Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley. Only thing I really remember about that event was how Kansas was there as well and their fans were collectively a bunch of dbags. My hatred for Kansas was born that weekend.

My only recommendation for you if you are going is to get there early and watch every game. Spend time socializing with fans from other schools. Enjoy the whole thing. Don't go there with tunnel vision just for your school.

Reactions: GE Nole and frazor
Go if your team makes it to the Sweet Sixteen and hopefully on to the Elite Eight. Games are played in arenas and not big-ass stadiums. The intensity is off the charts—the thrill of a lifetime.

March 23 & 25West RegionalLas Vegas, NVT-Mobile Arena
March 23 & 25East RegionalNew York, NYMadison Square Garden
March 24 & 26Midwest RegionalKansas City, MOT-Mobile Center
March 24 & 26South RegionalLouisville, KYKFC Yum! Center

I would agree that the second weekend is the best. Still a chance to see fun upsets. But also a chance to see great teams play truly epic games after having a week to recover and come off the initial first weekend high. And like you said, still in arenas not stadiums.

We won our sets, so that is of little help to you OP. Surely Second hand sites have em for sale.

ADVERTISEMENT