ADVERTISEMENT

For those interested, couple of good College baseball sites.

Good to know. Keep me posted!
Here's the TV schedule for the Tigers:
Saturday, March 17: Missouri at LSU (6 p.m., SEC Network)

Friday, March 23: LSU at Vanderbilt (8 p.m., ESPNU)

Saturday, March 24: LSU at Vanderbilt (7:30 p.m., ESPNU)

Sunday, March 25: LSU at Vanderbilt (Noon, ESPN2)

Thursday, March 29: Mississippi State at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Thursday, April 5: LSU at Texas A&M (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Friday, April 6: LSU at Texas A&M (6 p.m., SEC Network)

Sunday, April 15: Tennessee at LSU ( 4 p.m., SEC Network)

Thurs, April 26: LSU at Ole Miss (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Saturday, April 28: LSU at Ole Miss (3 p.m., ESPNU)

Saturday, May 5: Arkansas at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Saturday, May 12: Alabama at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Reactions: septimusgreen
Here's the TV schedule for the Tigers:
Saturday, March 17: Missouri at LSU (6 p.m., SEC Network)

Friday, March 23: LSU at Vanderbilt (8 p.m., ESPNU)

Saturday, March 24: LSU at Vanderbilt (7:30 p.m., ESPNU)

Sunday, March 25: LSU at Vanderbilt (Noon, ESPN2)

Thursday, March 29: Mississippi State at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Thursday, April 5: LSU at Texas A&M (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Friday, April 6: LSU at Texas A&M (6 p.m., SEC Network)

Sunday, April 15: Tennessee at LSU ( 4 p.m., SEC Network)

Thurs, April 26: LSU at Ole Miss (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Saturday, April 28: LSU at Ole Miss (3 p.m., ESPNU)

Saturday, May 5: Arkansas at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)

Saturday, May 12: Alabama at LSU (7 p.m., SEC Network)
Awesome! Thanks and I owe you some beers.

brodt.jpg

Santa Clara Athletics
One inning. One player. 8 RBI. Jake Brodt had himself a day.
Santa Clara's Jake Brodt hits two grand slams in one inning, becomes seventh player in 61 years to do so
Santa Clara athletics
Last Updated - Feb 18, 2018 17:38 EST
Contact |Archive |RSS

SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Preseason All-West Coast Conference selection Jake Brodt blasted two grand slams in the seventh inning to power the Santa Clara baseball past Boston College, 20-9, and help head coach Rusty Filter earn his first win at the school.

Brodt is just the seventh Division I player to hit two grand slams in one inning since the official NCAA Division I baseball records began keeping track in 1957. He is the first to record the feat since T.J. Soto of Louisiana Tech did it against Western Kentucky in 2000.

HIGHLIGHT | @JakeBrodt30 hits TWO GRAND SLAMS IN ONE INNING during today's 20-9 victory over Boston College! #SCTop10 #SCUBroncos #StampedeTogether #TopPlayTuesday @SportsCenter @ESPNAssignDesk @NCAACWS @d1baseball @WCCSports FULL HIGHLIGHT https://t.co/WSujyxR3uI pic.twitter.com/7vVaP7v6Pd

— Santa Clara Baseball (@SCU_Baseball) February 18, 2018
Brodt's first grand slam came with Santa Clara trailing 9-7 and gave the Broncos the go ahead runs. Santa Clara loaded the bases on two walks and a hit batsmen setting the stage for the six-foot-five first baseman against Eagles right-handed pitcher John Witkowski.

"In similar situations in the past, I tend to get jumpy but after being in that position and experiencing it multiple times, I was able to find comfort in the box," said the senior. "I've been seeing the ball well and I just wanted to trust my swing and that's what I did."

College baseball: Coastal Carolina opens season with a 15-run win

The same bases loaded situation presented itself later in the inning with the Broncos up, 16-7, this time against left-hander Mitch Bigras.

"It was definitely on my mind," said Brodt when the opportunity came up to potentially hit a second grand slam. "How often do you come up with that type of situation twice in an inning. I just tried to stay comfortable in the box and not try to do too much with it. I knew right off the bat when I hit it."

Asked about the reaction of his teammates after the grand slams, the senior captain said, "Some were quiet because they were in disbelief but everyone was super excited for me. I'm excited for the team because we've been working so hard these past few months and we deserved this win."

Locker room welcome for @jakebrodt30 after hitting three homers in the game including TWO, that's , grand slams in one inning. #StampedeTogether pic.twitter.com/eLiovj2AIz

— Santa Clara Baseball (@SCU_Baseball) February 18, 2018
The second grand slam capped off a 14 run inning for the Broncos, which included seven hit batsmen. It also capped off a three home run day for Brodt who hit a solo home run in the sixth inning to cut the Broncos deficit to 9-6.

"For the first homerun, I was in a position where I couldn't tie the game or put us ahead at that point so I was just trying to get a base hit," said Brodt. "Luckily the pitcher game me a pitch I could handle. I just tried to put my team in a position to score and I'm glad everyone carried that momentum the rest of the game. "

College baseball: 10 early contenders for the 2018 Golden Spikes Award

A momentum that he rode into a record night, going 3-for-5 at the plate, all going for home runs while driving in 10 runs. Fittingly, Brodt drove in the first run of the game for the Broncos on a sacrifice fly in the first.

Rankings - D1Baseball.com Top 25
Last Updated - February 19, 2018
D1Baseball.com Top 25
  • D1Baseball.com Top 25
  • NCBWA
  • Baseball America
  • USA Today Coaches Poll
  • RPI
RANK SCHOOL RECORD PREVIOUS
RANK
SCHOOL RECORD PREVIOUS
1 Florida 3-0 1
2 Oregon State 3-0 2
3 Texas Tech 4-0 3
4 Arkansas 3-0 4
5 Florida State 3-0 5
6 North Carolina 2-1 6
7 TCU 2-1 7
8 Kentucky 4-0 8
9 Ole Miss 3-0 9
10 Texas A&M 3-0 10
11 UCLA 3-0 11
12 Stanford 3-0 13
13 Vanderbilt 2-1 14
14 Louisville 3-0 15
15 Southern Miss 3-0 NR
16 Dallas Baptist 3-0 18
17 Virginia 2-1 19
18 South Alabama 3-1 20
19 Texas 2-1 21
20 Indiana 2-1 23
21 Mississippi State 0-3 12
22 Cal State Fullerton 0-3 17
23 LSU 1-2 16
24 Houston 2-1 24
25 Clemson 3-0 NR
Dropped out: No. 22 West Virginia, No. 25 Duke.

Uniformity-1000x500.jpg

Uniformity: College Baseball’s New Threads

Kentucky must have been watching the popular makeover shows this winter because they have redesigned a few new unis, including this smoking hot cream and the icy black. Check out the helmet for the black jersey – we are big fans of the cat logo! Shoutout to UK Equipment Coordinator Reece Wallace for the fresh designs.

Kentucky-1.jpg
Kentucky-black.jpg

image_handler_3_19.jpeg

New Mexico State Athletics
New Mexico State scored 74 runs this past weekend en route to Team of the Week honors.
College baseball: Mitchell Senger's 16-strikeout no-hitter earns Player of the Week honors
NCAA.com
Last Updated - Feb 26, 2018 12:26 EST
Contact |Archive |RSS

A no-hitter. A 39-run outpour en route to a shutout victory. Those are just some of the numbers behind NCAA.com's college baseball Team and Player of the Week.

RELATED: Undefeated Stanford cracks latest Top 10

Team of the Week

nmstate_totw_week1.png

NCAA
A 39-run performance highlighted a big week for the Aggies.
Spearheaded by New Mexico State, the second week across collegiate baseball gave us no shortage of excitement. The Aggies broke out for 39 runs in a win over Mississippi Valley State Friday to gather Team of the Week Honors.

The offense poured on 11 runs in the first inning to jumpstart the attack, led by three consecutive walks with the bases loaded. Once Marcus Still drove a single to push the score 4-0, the New Mexico State offense took off.

Scoring at least one run in every inning, highlighted by the 11-run first, eight-run third, and seven-run eighth, the Aggies broke a team and Western Athletic Conference record with their 39 runs.

As a team, New Mexico State compiled 30 hits with a perfect day in the field on its way to the biggest win in team history. Freshman Noah Haupt led the charge, blasting two home runs and driving in a team-high 10 runs on his way to a 6-7 day at the plate. His six runs scored are tied for the most ever in a game in team history. Aggie starter Kyle Bradish (2-0) was nearly untouchable on the mound, hurling six scoreless innings while allowing two hits and striking out 12.

The Aggies finished the series with 15-4 and 20-0 wins in games two and three, respectively, to cap off a record-setting week.

Player of the Week
senger_potw_week1_0.png

NCAA
Senger tossed Stetson's first no-hitter since 1986 this past weekend.
In the midst of dominate pitching performances already in the young season, Mitchell Senger stole the show for Stetson against George Washington in a 3-0 victory.

The southpaw cruised to a 16-strikeout performance in the first no-hitter in Stetson program history since 1986.

Senger (2-0) allowed three base runners with a walk and two hit batsmen. The sophomore struck out every batter in the Colonials starting lineup at least once.

The final batter to reach base against Senger came in the sixth when the lefty hit Steven Barmakian. With the game scoreless entering the seventh inning, the Stetson offense finally broke loose to score all three of its runs on the day. Senger's final three innings were perfect, as he finished the game with 109 pitches.

Senger and the Hatters are off to 6-1 start in 2018. Next on the docket for the Hatters are Virginia Tech, Central Michigan, and Purdue in the Westin Lake Mary Stetson Invitational starting Friday.

Statistics
Batting Average »
Through games of February 26, 2018
Rank Name Team BA
1 Keith Holcombe Alabama .684
2 Greg Cullen Niagara .600
3 Gage Canning Arizona St. .593
4 Noah Haupt New Mexico St. .591
- Austin Martin Vanderbilt .591
6 Trevor Casanova CSUN .577
- Devin Foyle Kansas .577
8 Brendan Dougherty Bradley .571
9 Chase Murray Georgia Tech .567
10 Alex Junior Tennessee Tech .565
Earned Run Average »
Rank Name Team ERA
1 Dalton Stambaugh Morehead St. .00
- Joe DeMers Washington .00
- Paul Milto Indiana .00
- Ryan Campbell Ill.-Chicago .00
- Ryan Jensen Fresno St. .00
- Nick Sandlin Southern Miss. .00
- Andre Pallante UC Irvine .00
- Cody Bradford Baylor .00
- Parker Brahms Sacramento St. .00
- Josh Dye FGCU .00

Advertisement
Batting Average »
Rank Team BA
1 New Mexico St. .399
2 CSUN .376
3 Oregon St. .365
4 Texas A&M .364
5 California .361
6 Tennessee Tech .355
7 Alabama .348
8 Minnesota .347
9 Vanderbilt .345
10 Abilene Christian .343
Earned Run Average »
Rank Team ERA
1 St. John's (NY) .98
2 Hofstra 1.36
3 Texas A&M 1.43
4 Louisiana Tech 1.62
5 Vanderbilt 1.63
6 UAB 1.80
7 East Carolina 1.86
- UCLA 1.86
- Ole Miss 1.86
- Florida St. 1.86

image_handler.aspx

Adam Goree started the game and combined with Cayne Ueckert to throw no-hitter

Game Recap: baseball | 2/25/2018 8:25:00 PM

site.png

McNeese State 1-6
u1.png

Texas State 3-4
Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | R H E
McNeese State
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 0
Texas State 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
W: Ueckert, Cayne (1-1) L: Jordan, Seth (0-1)

mstate_logo.png

Next Game:

Mississippi State

2/28/2018 - 6 p.m.

Goree, Ueckert combined to no-hit Texas State in 1-0 win
| by Matthew Bonnette, Sports Information Director

SAN MARCOS, Texas – McNeese baseball picked up its first win in a historic fashion on Sunday in the series finale against Texas State.

Freshman starting pitcher Adam Goree and junior transfer Cayne Ueckert combined to pitch a no-hitter and a 1-0 win over the Bobcats. It's the first combined no-hitter in school history and the fifth no-no overall. The last one came in 2001 by Chris Howay against Sam Houston State.

Goree started the game and threw the first two innings before storms halted action for nearly an hour. After that, Ueckert took the hill when play resumed and went the final seven innings of no-hit ball while striking out five with three walks and 96 pitches thrown.

"Cayne was the story of the game," said head coach Justin Hill. "I can't say enough good things about him. The guy just wants to do whatever it takes to win."

The Jasper, Texas native sat down the first six batters he faced before allowing a walk to lead off the bottom of the fifth inning. He then got the next three batters out in order.

Meanwhile, the defense was doing its part to keep the rare feat alive.

In the fourth inning, Jake Cochran made a sliding catch on a shallow fly ball to right field while bumping into second baseman Joe Provenzano to steal a base hit away.

In the seventh, McNeese turned a 6-4-3 double play to end any kind of momentum swing by the Bobcats. And in the bottom of the eighth inning and a runner on second with one out, freshman shortstop Reid Bourque made a head's up play on a grounder to his area as his alertness caught the runner from second heading to third where he threw him out for the second out. The next batter lasered a liner to Bourque for the final out of the inning.

The game remained scoreless until the ninth inning when Zach Rider, who entered to pinch hit for Cochran, hit a lead off single to right field. Shane Selman followed with a walk to put runners at first and second with no outs.

Provenzano followed with a perfectly laid bunt to move the runners up a base and in scoring position. Then Mitchell Rogers hit a fly ball to right field that was deep enough for Rider to score without a play at the plate to put the Cowboys up 1-0.

Selman then attempted to steal home but was called out on a play that could've gone either way to end the half inning.

In the bottom of the ninth, Ueckert needed just 10 pitches in the frame, capping it off with by getting the batter to groundout to shortstop to secure the no-hitter and the shutout victory.

Might get to see some baseball in the snow Saturday in Lexington. The forecast for Auburn and Kentucky on Saturday looks gross. Should be a heck of a series outside of the poor weather.

From what I see there is interest in college baseball, but most of the traffic is on the soundoff board. Guess it is more convenient for them to post there.

I've been trying as well but kind of gave up since the goddamn mods over on the soundoff board refuse to divert traffic over here and would rather kill this board with one pinned thread over there.

PokesMSU-WalkingBoss,

Thanks for sharing TV schedule of Tiger matches, your post makes this thread very informative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT