ADVERTISEMENT

Food related poll 8/11

Do you put mayonnaise on your burger?

• Total voters
I put mayo, ketchup, and mustard on my burger. The combo of all three is better than the combo of just ketchup and mustard.

Actually I use Miracle Whip but Mayo will work if MW isn't around. I eat Miracle Whip on everything though...fries, chips, steak, chicken, pork, eggs, bread, off a spoon, etc... When I have Bacon Sriracha Sauce from Tybee Islands' Inferno store I mix that with Miracle Whip and it is ridiculous on a burger or brat. Besides that the only other things I consistently add are a fried egg and bacon.

Actually I use Miracle Whip but Mayo will work if MW isn't around. I eat Miracle Whip on everything though...fries, chips, steak, chicken, pork, eggs, bread, off a spoon, etc... When I have Bacon Sriracha Sauce from Tybee Islands' Inferno store I mix that with Miracle Whip and it is ridiculous on a burger or brat. Besides that the only other things I consistently add are a fried egg and bacon.
Bacon, onions, jalapenos, cheese---bomb

Bacon, onions, jalapenos, cheese---bomb

I like onions but my wife hates them so I don't keep them around. I add cheese but thought that was just a given. I like to use either chipotle smoked gouda or some sort of hot cheese. I will add jalapenos but prefer for them to be stuffed in the middle with cream cheese.

I like onions but my wife hates them so I don't keep them around. I add cheese but thought that was just a given. I like to use either chipotle smoked gouda or some sort of hot cheese. I will add jalapenos but prefer for them to be stuffed in the middle with cream cheese.
all legit.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like mayonnaise on BLTs, subs and Chicken sandwiches.

As far as burgers. Lettuce, tomatoe, bacon, ketchup, mustard and cheese. Swiss, cheddar or pepper jack. The best way to do jalapeños is to patty them in with the meat. Just putting sliced jalapeños on the burner is not a jalapeño burger.

I ordered a burger this afternoon from a spot downtown and didn't realize they all came with mayonnaise. Was pretty gross.

Reactions: TheWizardofOz12
lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, cheese (depends on mood what flavor) sometimes i get in the mood for some BBQ sauce

honestly though. Spend the extra $5 on a good piece of steak. Good steak doesn't need anything other than some salt and pepper.

agreed, even though sometimes i like sauteed mushrooms and onions with my steak
and always use real butter on a steak. no "gee i can't believe that is not butter"

That's your problem, Cory. You just don't care.

Exactly, though that is the opposite of what we should consider a problem.

Like, Jimbo just mentioned bananas. I think bananas are disgusting. I can hardly look at them. However, most people like them and they are super healthy. That's awesome. Eat 'em up. If you want dip your escargot in Kroger brand ketchup that's fantastic. Why would that me an affront to anyone? Silliness.

I actually prefer A1 and 57 mixed together...if Miracle Whip isn't available.

Exactly, though that is the opposite of what we should consider a problem.

Like, Jimbo just mentioned bananas. I think bananas are disgusting. I can hardly look at them. However, most people like them and they are super healthy. That's awesome. Eat 'em up. If you want dip your escargot in Kroger brand ketchup that's fantastic. Why would that me an affront to anyone? Silliness.
It's just friendly banter, Cory. Why you mad?

The worst thing on the planet are terrorists that eat dry sandwich's. Literally terrible people.
My wife is isis then. She doesn't do any condiments at all. No tomatoes either. Hotdogs with nothing on them. And just plain cheese burgers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
My wife is isis then. She doesn't do any condiments at all. No tomatoes either. Hotdogs with nothing on them. And just plain cheese burgers.
You better check her browser history!!! My wife will dip an $80 steak in ketchup. I can hear the chef die every time she takes a bite.

You better check her browser history!!! My wife will dip an $80 steak in ketchup. I can hear the chef die every time she takes a bite.
I am sure the chef would turn around while you slap her. Or maybe ask you to turn around.

An aioli mix on my burger for sure, but no straight mayo. I tend to like Elk or Angus with brioche or pretzel bun...lettuce, tomato, bacon, pepper jack or smoked Gouda cheese with ketchup or mustard on the side...the lettuce topped with an aioli of some sort. I also like my burgers mid rare, but medium will suffice sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT