ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vs Texas Tech

Gater4Life

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2004
I know nothing about the Red Raiders but I do know Florida didn't look great last night. If you are a Gator fan I think you need to look at the defense if you want to feel good about what you saw. The defense was swarming and aggressive. Florida will need to shoot much better against Tech if they want to see the Sweet 16.

Any thoughts on this game?

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
We are a defensive team. We will probably hold you below your average, but we are not great offensively... Struggled BIG time in the first half last night.

The player to watch on our team is Keenan Evans. He had to take over the game last night for us to eventually pull away a little.

We don't do anything special offensively.. Run the old Bobby Knight system that Chris Beard learned under him as an assistant.

I know nothing about the Red Raiders but I do know Florida didn't look great last night. If you are a Gator fan I think you need to look at the defense if you want to feel good about what you saw. The defense was swarming and aggressive. Florida will need to shoot much better against Tech if they want to see the Sweet 16.

Any thoughts on this game?

Have no idea. I think in the tournament its who ever is better that night, but with FL this has generally been the case. Anyone in Vegas betting FL games is a sucker. So up and down.

Like in classic NBA jam...sometimes they're on fire and sometimes they can't buy a bucket.

Last edited:
We are a defensive team. We will probably hold you below your average, but we are not great offensively... Struggled BIG time in the first half last night.

The player to watch on our team is Keenan Evans. He had to take over the game last night for us to eventually pull away a little.

We don't do anything special offensively.. Run the old Bobby Knight system that Chris Beard learned under him as an assistant.

Do you play zone? We really seem to struggle against zone defenses. Against man to man we have good guards that can break a defense down.

Ultimately it probably depends on whether or not Florida hits shots. They got good looks last night but missed a ton of them. I do like that the defensive intensity and energy was there. That should be there on Saturday.

I think I'm going to take Florida. Much better offense than Tech, better athletes, and Chioza is a machine in a fast pace match-up.

I think I'm going to take Florida. Much better offense than Tech, better athletes, and Chioza is a machine in a fast pace match-up.

Q8ZrV.gif

Yes, Florida is more athletic than Texas Tech. I've watched them both plenty. Florida gets top 100 players nationally pretty regularly. They have borderline five star recruits and numerous top 100 caliber athletes.

You're going to be in for a surprise when you see Florida's athleticism, I believe.

Reactions: GE Nole
Texas Tech has some freak athletes. Especially the two Smith kids.

Common occurrence across Florida's roster, minus the grad transfer that starts for Florida. Those dudes are as quick and as athletic as Kentucky is, just smaller.

Common occurrence across Florida's roster, minus the grad transfer that starts for Florida. Those dudes are as quick and as athletic as Kentucky is, just smaller.

They're very small. Ttu's guards are 6'3 and 6'5 and very athletic. Florida's guards are 6'0... if that.

Only hope is to turn them over a lot and shoot the lights out IMO.

They're very small. Ttu's guards are 6'3 and 6'5 and very athletic. Florida's guards are 6'0... if that.

Only hope is to turn them over a lot and shoot the lights out IMO.

One guard is 6'0. The others are 6'2, 6'3. The difference is Florida has depth with that kind of athleticism, and it's all over the floor. I think it'll be a good game though.

Ehh it all depends on how you look at it. Our guards might be faster, but there's are longer. Who's more athletic? We play fast and aggressive but can get hit hard on the glass and we tend to not get many fouls called on us.

One guard is 6'0. The others are 6'2, 6'3. The difference is Florida has depth with that kind of athleticism, and it's all over the floor. I think it'll be a good game though.

Chiozza is 5'10 on a good day. Allen maybe a little over 6 ft. Both really good players tho.

Florida plays 6 guys... maybe 7. Depth isn't a word I've heard anybody use when talking about this uf team.

Tech plays 10 guys at least 15 mpg.

Uf Still a very dangerous team if they make shots. Plus they have guys with more tourney experience.

Looking forward to that game.

Reactions: KisteK
Chiozza is 5'10 on a good day. Allen maybe a little over 6 ft. Both really good players tho.

Florida plays 6 guys... maybe 7. Depth isn't a word I've heard anybody use when talking about this uf team.

Tech plays 10 guys at least 15 mpg.

Uf Still a very dangerous team if they make shots. Plus they have guys with more tourney experience.

Looking forward to that game.

You're speaking of depth in the context of how many players are in the rotation. I'm speaking to it in regards to raw athleticism across the board.

You're speaking of depth in the context of how many players are in the rotation. I'm speaking to it in regards to raw athleticism across the board.

Who cares about the athleticism of kids who don't get to play though.

That russian kid is gonna have major problems guarding any of those bigger, more athletic 3's and 4's from Texas Tech.

We'll see how it goes. Will be a fun game for sure.

That russian kid is gonna have major problems guarding any of those bigger, more athletic 3's and 4's from Texas Tech.

Texas Tech is a solidteam with a really good head coach. Tubby Smithleft him with some good players.

You're not getting what I'm saying lol. Even if TT is more athletic at one, maybe 2 of the guard spots, it probably won't be the case for at least 4-5 other spots on the floor.
And the Russian kid can shoot the piss out of the ball. Tech is gonna have to guard him too.

You're not getting what I'm saying lol. Even if TT is more athletic at one, maybe 2 of the guard spots, it probably won't be the case for at least 4-5 other spots on the floor.
And the Russian kid can shoot the piss out of the ball. Tech is gonna have to guard him too.

I do. That's why I mentioned the Russian kid.

They play 6 guys and he's one of them. Hudson isn't overly athletic either IMO and their guards are tiny.

Not a typical Florida team as far as length and athleticism.

Tech rolls these 6'5 to 6'8 guys out there who are freakishly athletic. They would've won the Big 12 if they didn't have injuries.

They play 6 guys and he's one of them. Hudson isn't overly athletic either IMO and their guards are tiny.

Tech rolls these 6'5 to 6'8 guys out there who are freakishly athletic. They would've won the Big 12 if they didn't have injuries.

But they did, and they're still trying to recover from those injuries.

Florida had 8 guys play 10 or more minutes yesterday and Gak played 8. You keep saying UF only plays 6 but that just isn’t true. They will play a consistent 8 tomorrow.

UF didn’t have a big problem with UK’s length. They beat UK in Rupp on a Saturday night game of the week setting despite shooting 20% from 3 and 33% overall.

Florida had 8 guys play 10 or more minutes yesterday and Gak played 8. You keep saying UF only plays 6 but that just isn’t true. They will play a consistent 8 tomorrow.

UF didn’t have a big problem with UK’s length. They beat UK in Rupp on a Saturday night game of the week setting despite shooting 20% from 3 and 33% overall.

Not hard to get 10 minutes in a 20 point game against a tired St. Bonny team.

And I'm not hating on UF. I wouldnt want to play you. You guys are dangerous.

Still... VERY small and no depth.

Texas Tech is the better team. Doesnt mean you wont beat them.

Not hard to get 10 minutes in a 20 point game against a tired St. Bonny team.

And I'm not hating on UF. I wouldnt want to play you. You guys are dangerous.

Still... VERY small and no depth.

Texas Tech is the better team. Doesnt mean you wont beat them.

They rotated multiple guys in early. UF is very small. That is true.

Think this will be a very close game, but if Florida is missing in bunches + the pro-TTU crowd, then we might get beat by double-digits.

Gators will need to hit early and often. Good news is that we are a better road team than home team for the most part.

Hudson's probably the only NBA talent, but we have 5 different guys that can all bust out 20+ and carry the team.
I'd still give Tech the edge if anything for the location.

Reactions: TechRaiderRider
Chiozza is still the key guy though. He goes down we'll feel it more than anyone else.

@TechRaiderRider
In fact if not for that one, we might have had the dunk of the day! 360 Alley from almost half court though...you just can't top that.

Uh....has this dude seen Tech play? Freakishly athletic would be the first words that I would use to describe them. Their 6’8 dudes will D up your guards. They can switch at 4 positions without creating a mismatch. Florida May have good guards but I’d be hard pressed to say they are more athletic than Tech. I’d settle for a draw if anything. Tech is the most athletic team Kansas played this year and that includes Kentucky.

Reactions: Navy_Raider88
Uh....has this dude seen Tech play? Freakishly athletic would be the first words that I would use to describe them. Their 6’8 dudes will D up your guards. They can switch at 4 positions without creating a mismatch. Florida May have good guards but I’d be hard pressed to say they are more athletic than Tech. I’d settle for a draw if anything. Tech is the most athletic team Kansas played this year and that includes Kentucky.

He clearly hasnt seen them play.

And based on how he talks about Florida, he thinks its 2008.

Last edited:

did you get yer tix to the game tomorrow?

Guns Up!

You're going to be in for a surprise when you see Florida's athleticism, I believe.
I don't think they will be too shocked. They've had to play Kansas and West Virginia at least a couple of times each and went 1-1 against each of them. Cheering for the Red Raiders.

ADVERTISEMENT