ADVERTISEMENT

First Four needs to expand

JRMSU

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001
too many good teams on the bubble this year.

ND, OSU, Middle Tenn, PSU, etc should be in.

Some good teams getting left out led to one of the strongest NIT fields in recent memory though

Reactions: JRMSU
I never understood why they went pass 64. The play in games are ridiculous. It is like you were never really in the tournament if you lose. If they do have to do play in games it should never be the automatic bids playing. Takes away the whole aspect that makes the tournament so exciting on those first two days.

68 is perfect. None of the AIDS teams who missed the tournament belonged in anyways.

The First Four is the worst thing ever invented.

However it does exist, and if it has to exist then the auto bids should all be excluded and let the bubble teams battle it out. Makes the regular season more meaningful for the P5 to play themselves out of the dreaded Dayton cash grab.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
But it gives 4 more teams a chance to get it that normally wouldn't.

Then make it bubble teams. It should never be the little guys IMO. They never feel like they have a shot at a legit upset, which is one of the things that makes the beginning of the tourney so exciting.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Then make it bubble teams. It should never be the little guys IMO. They never feel like they have a shot at a legit upset, which is one of the things that makes the beginning of the tourney so exciting.
I agree, I'm just saying the tournament is technically 68 teams, not 64.

Eliminate the NIT. Give all 32 auto bids first round byes. 64 at-large spots.

Guarantee regular season champs that lose their conference tourney an at-large bid.

Or...

No matter how many teams are in, there will always be someone that feels shafted. Shortening the number would only make that worse.

too many good teams on the bubble this year.

ND, OSU, Middle Tenn, PSU, etc should be in.

giphy.gif

Tourney doesn't need more mediocre teams in it.

Reactions: klize17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT