ADVERTISEMENT

First 1 seed to lose?

I'd rather play Loyola than GT. Krutwig is their best player. I think Kofi should be able to handle him. Loyola didnt play much outside of their conference. Wisconsin drubbed them and I think Wisconsin is the 9th best team in the Big Ten. The only thing that makes me concerned about Loyola is the "little brother" mindset. It can def. play a role.

If Loyola didnt make their run a few years ago, I dont think too many people are talking about them now.

Honestly, the longer I have to wait for another game, the more nervous I get about literally every scenario. I’m scared of GT, I’m scared of Loyola, I’m scared of OK State ... lol. Just gotta remember that our team is in a groove and playing as well as anyone right now, I guess!

Honestly, the longer I have to wait for another game, the more nervous I get about literally every scenario. I’m scared of GT, I’m scared of Loyola, I’m scared of OK State ... lol. Just gotta remember that our team is in a groove and playing as well as anyone right now, I guess!

Lots of pressure being a 1 seed.

giphy.gif

UNC will definitely give Baylor some problems with their size underneath.

But let’s be real—if it’s a close game With 4 min to go, you gonna trust Caleb Love or Jared Butler?
UNC is not that good, guards are not steady.

Illinois-Loyola is a dangerous matchup. Loyola is criminally underseeded and will hold the mental edge going up against big brother.
Loyola is not nearly talented enough to knock off Illinois. I've watched a decent amount of their film.

Defensively, they'll do okay. Offensively, Krutwig is the only person that will be able to consistently score. I'd expect a 10-20 point win for Illinois

Loyola is not nearly talented enough to knock off Illinois. I've watched a decent amount of their film.

Defensively, they'll do okay. Offensively, Krutwig is the only person that will be able to consistently score. I'd expect a 10-20 point win for Illinois

Its basketball, anything can always happen. It’s not like football where the better team can impose its will on the other team. They do need to get the ball in the hoop and bad shooting nights happen. Just saying the analytics rank Loyola high and they will have a mental edge, no amount of film watching changes that.

Its basketball, anything can always happen. It’s not like football where the better team can impose its will on the other team. They do need to get the ball in the hoop and bad shooting nights happen. Just saying the analytics rank Loyola high and they will have a mental edge, no amount of film watching changes that.
They're comparable to a mid-tier Big 10 team, at best. Zero athleticism, but they're well-coached and they have a player that has one the best basketball IQs in the game. Upsets can happen, but I have zero concern about losing to them outside of a complete no-show choke job, and I don't see this team not showing up at this point.

They're comparable to a mid-tier Big 10 team, at best. Zero athleticism, but they're well-coached and they have a player that has one the best basketball IQs in the game. Upsets can happen, but I have zero concern about losing to them outside of a complete no-show choke job, and I don't see this team not showing up at this point.

We shall see, they need to get by GT first of course but I have it circled as one of the most interesting first weekend games if it happens.

We shall see, they need to get by GT first of course but I have it circled as one of the most interesting first weekend games if it happens.
I can see it being interesting, but that team doesn't have the players. They make Wisconsin look athletic.

Do you really think "record vs top 50" is a better overall gauge than Kenpom/Torvik? Your metric grossly undervalues stuff like Michigan's neutral court win over #2 Gonzaga. Beating #49 =/= beating #2 even if technically both teams would be 1-0 over top 50 teams.
My problem with the quad 1 nonsense.

Reactions: duckboy33
Can’t see GT hanging with Loyola without wright bc now they have nothing for critwig.

jist gotta stop alvarodo and Devoe

We all thought Michigan would be the first top seed to fall, since they looked vulnerable and in poor form. Illinois really surprised a lot of us, I am sure they were a trendy pick to win it all.

If Moses Wright doesn't get covid, would Illinois be in the Sweet 16 right now?

‘nice call

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I'd rather play Loyola than GT. Krutwig is their best player. I think Kofi should be able to handle him. Loyola didnt play much outside of their conference. Wisconsin drubbed them and I think Wisconsin is the 9th best team in the Big Ten. The only thing that makes me concerned about Loyola is the "little brother" mindset. It can def. play a role.

If Loyola didnt make their run a few years ago, I dont think too many people are talking about them now.
Oh my........... Laughing

Yeah the east is about as close to chalk as could be expected. UCLA is definitely not showing like a team that was the last 4 in, I think they have a team that will be in that game with Bama because they don't turn the ball over. If I'm a bama fan, I'm worried about when the bad shooting game is going to come, because it is going to come before you can lift the trophy

ADVERTISEMENT