ADVERTISEMENT

Final off season OT half potato poll.

Are you up to date on your COVID-19 vaccine booster shot?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
If yes, how many boosters have you had? If no, why are you so selfish and what grandma to die?

No clue tbh. I think I may have had one booster?? IDK. Once it didn't benefit me at my job to get them I stopped worrying about it. I'll just get the flu shot from now on but not the Covid one.

I had one booster last november. So i guess not. Feel like i’ve read you’re supposed to do it every 6 months?

I haven’t personally heard of any cases of covid around me(work, family, neighborhood) for a while now.

Got the original two shots but nothing after that. It’s been about a year. All the extra boosters are just silly at this point. Agree with @Montana81 none of my friends or family have had it in quite some time.

I stopped paying attention to them when the world opened back up, so I have no idea

What was 75% compliance is now 0%?

Didn’t you hear Fauci a few months ago? We’re not out of the woods yet by a long shot!!

People around here are still getting it. At least they're "testing positive" for it. Personally, I think you're milking the shit out of it if you're even getting tested. Remember when we got sick and either dealt with it or stayed home?

People around here are still getting it. At least they're "testing positive" for it. Personally, I think you're milking the shit out of it if you're even getting tested. Remember when we got sick and either dealt with it or stayed home?
It sort of sucked. I had (still sort of have) a lingering cough nearly 2 months after. Was mostly fine but would have waves where I was miserable and then be mostly fine again. I usually get flu shots. I’ll probably do similar for this in the winter months later since I have to use public transportation to go to work.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It sort of sucked. I had (still sort of have) a lingering cough nearly 2 months after. Was mostly fine but would have waves where I was miserable and then be mostly fine again. I usually get flu shots. I’ll probably do similar for this in the winter months later since I have to use public transportation to go to work.
My brother has had spells where it's been hard for him to breathe since he had it and I know a few people who have had some other long term issues. I had the OG but really didn't feel bad after about 3 days. Wife never really had symptoms. It definitely affects people differently. Drastically in some cases. Don't get me wrong, I know it sucks. It sucks being sick, period. It's just something we deal with. We just never ran out and got tested every time we felt bad, before. Generally speaking.

Too many people that I know have been really sick and or have died from covid. I don't think it's wise to say people are milking it for even getting treated. This isn't a minor sickness, it is or was a pandemic. If you want to verify that people are still in the throws of Long Covid, all you have to do is check with hospital nurses and Home Health organizations.
On the positive sign, less people are not getting as sick as they were the first 2 years, but there are still acute exceptions and the major point is people with immune problems and older people should be really careful today.
It is up to each individual and their primary care doctors to decide whether to take the shots or not.

Last edited:
but there are still acute exceptions and the major point is people with immune problems and older people should be really careful today.

This is the thing we can all agree on. The main issue is this has been known for a long time but wasn't allowed to be acknowledged. If you have multiple comorbidities you should be careful. Everyone should take better care of their health in general. Don't be stupid and go out of your sick. If you are susceptible to dying from it take the vaccine and stay away from idiots.

A little common sense would help a lot.

Too many people that I know have been really sick and or have died from covid. I don't think it's wise to say people are milking it for even getting teated. This isn't a minor sickness, it is or was a pandemic. If you want to verify that people are still in the throws of Long Covid, all you have to do is check with hospital nurses and Home Health organizations.
On the positive sign, less people are not getting as sick as they were the first 2 years, but there are still acute exceptions and the major point is people with immune problems and older people should be really careful today.
It is up to each individual and their primary care doctors to decide whether to take the shots or not.
I know people are still getting seriously ill. I definitely know how serious covid can be. I am talking about the many people who have a typical illness that they can just nurse it, or even the people who have a sore throat and go get tested. I guess I spoke generally when I said if you get tested. I just think at this point, you know the symptoms, you know the risks and you know to stay home. Getting tested because you feel bad just keeps the hysteria alive, IMO of course. Covid isn't going anywhere just like the flu isn't going anywhere. It is getting a lot more manageable and less severe, though.

Reactions: winin11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT