ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Toys?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I'm super partial to my Daisy BB Gun. Other than that. I had a lot of man dolls. GI Joe, Transformers, MASK, He-man. I used to line them up in football formations to attack the bases when I wasn't playing my Atari 2600.

71VP7vbEzxL._SX355_.jpg

This was one of my biggest toy memories. Got it for Christmas in 1985, played with it every day. Blew parts of it up with firecrackers. Now it’s going on eBay for $8k. Fuuuuuuuck.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/1985-Vintage...eel-Haul-Playset-Complete-w-Box-/222905635685

Yeah, there are tons of old toys we had that are worth a lot. Of course with my brother and I around the same age we tore most of them up. My parents still have some in our old rooms for the grandkids to play with though. I do have this little set of four books in good shape that is worth several hundred I thought about selling but decided to give them to my daughter when she has kids one day and she can decide what to do with them then.

Also, eBay prices aren’t always accurate of what something is worth. Some sellers list stuff for quite exorbitant amounts but no one ever buys them. I always watch similar items I’m considering selling and see what they actually go for. I recently saw a basic golf glove listed for something like 1,000 dollars.

Reactions: npreston
Yeah, there are tons of old toys we had that are worth a lot. Of course with my brother and I around the same age we tore most of them up. My parents still have some in our old rooms for the grandkids to play with though. I do have this little set of four books in good shape that is worth several hundred I thought about selling but decided to give them to my daughter when she has kids one day and she can decide what to do with them then.

Also, eBay prices aren’t always accurate of what something is worth. Some sellers list stuff for quite exorbitant amounts but no one ever buys them. I always watch similar items I’m considering selling and see what they actually go for. I recently saw a basic golf glove listed for something like 1,000 dollars.
Yeah eBay isn’t a good way to determine how much something is worth. People try to sell things on eBay for what they want or what they think it’s worth. I’ve seen one person trying to sell something for $40 and saw someone else trying to sell the exact same thing for $400.

Yes, a Callaway hat I just bought for $9.99 is listed by someone else for $300. No idea what they get out of doing that. Surely no one buys it.

There is no doubt some of those old toys are worth some legit money though. I wasn't trying to say they weren't.

Either my GI Joe with the working deep sea diver suit, or my baseball glove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT