ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite summer beers

sh-family-welcome-2-wo-btn.png

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
In all the places I have traveled, the best beers and pinoit Noir is located in Oregon. Even the cheapies like Henry Weinhardt is good when it is fresh.

QUOTE="AWilli6995, post: 24786334, member: 5616"]Never heard of a summer beer but I'm a Heineken man all day every day.[/QUOTE]

Oberon is only released March through august so it is a Spring/Summer beer. When I think "summer beer" I think of refreshing beers.

Reactions: AWilli6995
This brewery in Apex released this couple of weeks ago for the first time. Great summer/beach beer and still 8%
31512538_1030140557141059_470695589378540947_n.jpg

Reactions: Dattier
You lames and your grapefruit "beer". Grapefruit is nasty to begin with and certainly doesn't belong in beer.

I have some Guinness Draught in the fridge right now. I'm a fan of dark or hoppy beer whatever the season. I haven't been able to drink cheap beer in years.

Our summer cheap beer of choice is High Life. We prefer to think of it as tough water, as opposed to weak beer. We use it to hydrate.

Back when Stone's Brewing finally made it to NC, it was summer and the first one I encountered was smoked porter draught. I had it just b/c it was Stone's despite the season, and it was great. It drove home the point for me that good beer is good no matter what time of year it is. It's kind of like movies transcending their genre. "The Notebook" may be a so-called chic flix, but it's a great movie regardless. Even dudes should be able to enjoy it.

I like sours and bourbon-barrel aged beers. In the summer I gravitate more in the former direction. Sours, wits, kolsches, saisons... lighter flavors.

Don't we do this thread every summer? I feel like my answer is probably almost identical every year. What can I say? When I find analogies that work, I run w/ them. Our most obsessive archivist troll could probably get their hands on it pretty quickly... but only if it served their agenda...

Those of you on the west coast, have you had Lush IPA by Fremont? A little heavy for summer at 7% but damn is it refreshing.

lush_ipa-2689_0.jpg

It's my favorite right now (well except for the inherent bias of my own brewery's beer).

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Bell's Oberon is easily my favorite summer beer, unfortunately I don't get it in Colorado
Drumroll APA by Odell
Citra Pale Ale by Upslope
Pacifico w/ a lime

Back in the early late 1800s / early 1900s they marketed the battles by tying a blue ribbon on each one. At the time it was called Best (or Pabst) Select. The ribbon was fancy for the time and customers started calling it the blue ribbon beer.
When I was in grad school there was a liquor store two blocks from our apartment that would sell six-packs of PBR tall-boys for $3.99. Became our de facto pregame beverage for those two years.

Our summer cheap beer of choice is High Life. We prefer to think of it as tough water, as opposed to weak beer. We use it to hydrate.

Back when Stone's Brewing finally made it to NC, it was summer and the first one I encountered was smoked porter draught. I had it just b/c it was Stone's despite the season, and it was great. It drove home the point for me that good beer is good no matter what time of year it is. It's kind of like movies transcending their genre. "The Notebook" may be a so-called chic flix, but it's a great movie regardless. Even dudes should be able to enjoy it.

I like sours and bourbon-barrel aged beers. In the summer I gravitate more in the former direction. Sours, wits, kolsches, saisons... lighter flavors.

Don't we do this thread every summer? I feel like my answer is probably almost identical every year. What can I say? When I find analogies that work, I run w/ them. Our most obsessive archivist troll could probably get their hands on it pretty quickly... but only if it served their agenda...
Kentucky bourbon barrel ale is a good one, by Alltech out of Lexington. They also make a bourbon barrel stout which is one of my favorites and a bourbon barrel blackberry porter (haven't had that one).

Reactions: Dattier
Kentucky bourbon barrel ale is a good one, by Alltech out of Lexington. They also make a bourbon barrel stout which is one of my favorites and a bourbon barrel blackberry porter (haven't had that one).
There's an American version of Belgian sours called a Kentucky Common, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT