ADVERTISEMENT

Father of the year, Lavar Ball.....

Plus grown men who need that 500/month to feed their families are going to use that rich 16 year-old American trust funder for target practice.

Like, he might get paralyzed.
It should help they are not self absorbed douche bags with lines in their eyebrows ......

Liangelo is an adult and screwed up his chances on his own. Considering how sucky he is at basketball, he's lucky to be getting paid by anybody to play.

Lamelo probably wasn't going to be cleared to play ncaa basketball, so playing pro ball overseas isn't a bad option. His father is wealthy and his brother is a millionaire. If basketball doesn't work out, he could come back, finish school, go to college and get a job. Not exactly a catastrophe. Yeah, he might miss his high school friends. Or he might not. Or he values playing basketball above that.

They're playing in a crappy league because no good league would want an 18 year old bad player, who is dumb enough to steal in China, alongside his 16 year old, unproven brother. With playing in college not an option, this could have been the best alternative.

Come on man Lamelo is much higher ranked than to be playing in Lithuania.

Come on man Lamelo is much higher ranked than to be playing in Lithuania.

He's a highly ranked recruit, but he's only 16. I'm not entirely well versed in European basketball, but if any of the legitimate pro teams over there could justify paying a 16 year old to actually contribute on their team, then those league's are trash. If he was Lebron caliber or something, then yeah, maybe.

He's a highly ranked recruit, but he's only 16. I'm not entirely well versed in European basketball, but if any of the legitimate pro teams over there could justify paying a 16 year old to actually contribute on their team, then those league's are trash. If he was Lebron caliber or something, then yeah, maybe.

Brandon Jennings signed a million dollar deal...hell jeremy Tyler at least got 140k to skip his senior year (albeit as a big and he struggled)

They're getting as little as 12k a year? That's not even minimum wage here

Brandon Jennings signed a million dollar deal...hell jeremy Tyler at least got 140k to skip his senior year (albeit as a big and he struggled)

Jennings was 2 years older and Tyler 1 year older? That could be the difference. I'd imagine a lot of the leagues have age restrictions and 16 might just be too young for the good leagues. A lot of guys don't think these two will be in this league more than a month or two. If that's the case, LaMelo might be playing in a better league next year. I doubt LiAngelo would, though.

There's also usually restrictions on the number of roster spots allocated to Americans. If Lavar wanted his sons to join a team in a package deal, that could have played a role in where they ended up.

Reactions: stakesarehigh
Jennings was 2 years older and Tyler 1 year older? That could be the difference. I'd imagine a lot of the leagues have age restrictions and 16 might just be too young for the good leagues. A lot of guys don't think these two will be in this league more than a month or two. If that's the case, LaMelo might be playing in a better league next year. I doubt LiAngelo would, though.

There's also usually restrictions on the number of roster spots allocated to Americans. If Lavar wanted his sons to join a team in a package deal, that could have played a role in where they ended up.

I agree wholeheartedly that Lavar wanting to package them is probably the crux of the issue.

Liangelo should've taken his legacy scholarship and got a degree. That kid is a grade A idiot.

Reactions: brooky03

Each side is only locked in for a month at $500 each, which will not even cover their airfare to Lithuania.

It's all about being a BIG BALLER by playing in a high school gym in a third world country for a struggling, lower-division team. BIG BALLER style!

How do they afford all of this? I assume the team isn't providing it?

Ive asked this before....how does Lavar have money? I get Lonzo plays for the lakers now, but how do the pre nba balls have money?

I have no idea. But did you know that he has a reality tv show?

anigif_enhanced-16304-1464125606-2.gif

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT