ADVERTISEMENT

Father of the year, Lavar Ball.....

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
Decides it's best to cheat his two youngest sons out of a real education and take their talents to......... Lithuania to play for $500 a month on a team that has a history of not paying their guys on time.

Not to mention, the white Lithuanians are far less accepting of people who are not white than the white people in this country which I am told is a racist country. They also don't speak English.

WTF is wrong with this guy? At 16 and 19 years old, I can't imagine this being something they want. This has the makings of a modern day Menendez bros.

did he pull the 16 year old out of high school?

Decides it's best to cheat his two youngest sons out of a real education and take their talents to......... Lithuania to play for $500 a month on a team that has a history of not paying their guys on time.

Not to mention, the white Lithuanians are far less accepting of people who are not white than the white people in this country which I am told is a racist country. They also don't speak English.

WTF is wrong with this guy? At 16 and 19 years old, I can't imagine this being something they want. This has the makings of a modern day Menendez bros.

He's a batshit crazy coastal liberal.

/thread

If fairness to the Ball brothers, Lithuania's Annual Household Income per Capita was measured at $5,004.71, as of December 2015. This means, the average monthly income per household, is $417. So yeah, they're kind of a big deal; that additional $83 will go far, trust me... Also, they have an awesome venue to showcase their skill-set.

This is what I was talking about. He is putting his sons in a place where black people don't live and overall, they aren't wanted or trusted. Completely unfair to subject your children to this just to get them on a "professional" team together.

Some comments from the team president.

“We’ve always held a stance that there shouldn’t be more than two black players on the team. What happened was that coach Tomas Pacesas likes to play with black players—to control them, to teach them, to tutor them—and we ended up with four players that are black. All of a sudden, they came together to form...how should I put it...a sort of a gang. It cannot be that way; no more than two black players—I can say that from my 23 years of experience in the business. Teams, don’t ever have more than two black players ... (smiles) Because that’s when bad things start to take place.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...m-president-gets-wildly-racist-1796164970/amp

He thought the white kids at UCLA were the reason Lonzo lost in the tournament last year. Jeesh.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Guy has completely forgone any formal education and normalcy for his children in an effort to keep the circus going just a little while longer.

The media is going to turn on him so badly once they are finished using him. It’s going to be both sad and gratifying to watch.

The team they are playing for is also like a G-league version of Lithuania's better teams. Good call letting your 16-year-old son drop out of high school! I'll toss some change his way in a few years when I see him begging on the streets of LA.

He is a real piece of shit. I hate it for his sons. Why does the media keep giving him a forum?

Lavar couldn't even get his kids into the top Lithuanian league. They'll be playing in the scrub league. Not exactly big ballin

What is the punishment if you steal thousands of dollars of goods in Lithuania? assuming they have thousands of dollars of goods in that country.

Reactions: ncjeff
If fairness to the Ball brothers, Lithuania's Annual Household Income per Capita was measured at $5,004.71, as of December 2015. This means, the average monthly income per household, is $417. So yeah, they're kind of a big deal; that additional $83 will go far, trust me... Also, they have an awesome venue to showcase their skill-set.

There are high school gyms here in south central Kentucky bigger than that

Both kids were at Madison Square Garden last night.When are they supposed to report to their new team

His boy lost last night, but had a good game. Lavar was front row, cheesing for the camera, when will his 1 minute of fame end?

I wonder what the Lavar apologists will say when his two teenage sons get beaten because their dad decided to put them in a racist country for the sole purpose of more limelight for himself.

Reminds me of the teenagers who think its cool to run away and join ISIS and then wake up one day as a sex slave. Sounded really cool 2 months when you were grounded from your Iphone, now? Not so much.

Just like that, sounded really cool when Lamelo and Liangelo were sucking and had been either kicked off or alienated from their respective teams. Two months later when theyre constant targets of harassment in a poor country with a racist team coach and president that hates them? Not so much.

His boy lost last night, but had a good game. Lavar was front row, cheesing for the camera, when will his 1 minute of fame end?
Probably when it comes time for the lakers to come up with a second contract for a point guard who can’t shoot and isn’t aggressive. Hopefully that leads him to some franchise like the nets or the kings

I don't think this is an abysmal decision necessarily and there are a lot of knee jerk reactions. There are certainly worst educations than living in a foreign country. This is a common practice in European soccer.

Reactions: KisteK
I don't think this is an abysmal decision necessarily and there are a lot of knee jerk reactions. There are certainly worst educations than living in a foreign country. This is a common practice in European soccer.
Disagree. He pretty much took their right to being kids away. He's doing this solely for himself and its pretty disgusting.

Liangelo is an adult and screwed up his chances on his own. Considering how sucky he is at basketball, he's lucky to be getting paid by anybody to play.

Lamelo probably wasn't going to be cleared to play ncaa basketball, so playing pro ball overseas isn't a bad option. His father is wealthy and his brother is a millionaire. If basketball doesn't work out, he could come back, finish school, go to college and get a job. Not exactly a catastrophe. Yeah, he might miss his high school friends. Or he might not. Or he values playing basketball above that.

They're playing in a crappy league because no good league would want an 18 year old bad player, who is dumb enough to steal in China, alongside his 16 year old, unproven brother. With playing in college not an option, this could have been the best alternative.

Last edited:
Liangelo is an adult and screwed up his chances on his own. Considering how sucky he is at basketball, he's lucky to be getting paid by anybody to play.

Lamelo probably wasn't going to be cleared to play ncaa basketball, so paying pro ball overseas isn't a bad option. His father is wealthy and his brother is a millionaire. If basketball doesn't work out, he could come back, finish school, go to college and get a job. Not exactly a catastrophe. Yeah, he might miss his high school friends. Or he might not. Or he values playing basketball above that.

They're playing in a crappy league because no good league would want an 18 year old bad player, who is dumb enough to steal in China, alongside his 16 year old, unproven brother. With playing in college not an option, this could have been the best alternative.
Yea, I just disagree with most of this I think. LiAngelo did screw up but had he served his suspension at UCLA things would have been right back to normal life for a college basketball player. I highly doubt he wanted to drop out of school and go play overseas. Could be wrong though.

LaMelo was ineligible because of his dad's weird fantasy to be the next Nike or Adidas. No other high school kid in history had eligibility problems because of a signature shoe line from their father.

Those kids have been screwed from the beginning. Even the Lakers had to tell Lavar to stay away from the press after games. He's a maniac.

If basketball doesn't work out, he could come back, finish school, go to college and get a job.
tenor.gif

Yea, I just disagree with most of this I think. LiAngelo did screw up but had he served his suspension at UCLA things would have been right back to normal life for a college basketball player. I highly doubt he wanted to drop out of school and go play overseas. Could be wrong though.

LaMelo was ineligible because of his dad's weird fantasy to be the next Nike or Adidas. No other high school kid in history had eligibility problems because of a signature shoe line from their father.

Those kids have been screwed from the beginning. Even the Lakers had to tell Lavar to stay away from the press after games. He's a maniac.

I don't like Lavar in the least and agree he's an unbalanced dude (though a lot of it is probably an act and it's working).

I'd feel worse for Liangelo if not for the fact he's an adult. You're more than capable (or should be) at age 18+ to tell your parents to buzz off, you're doing your own thing. If Liangelo wanted to stay at UCLA, he could have. As for Lamelo, he strikes me as a pretty self-important individual. I don't think he's worried about missing out on his last two years of high school, nor do I place as much importance on a gifted athlete completing high school as some others have. He has the luxury of being able to come back to a luxurious lifestyle and live with his parents until he completes school or finds some other kind of employment if basketball doesn't work out.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Lavar - as obnoxious as he is - is forcing his sons to play overseas. I think they want to play pro ball and this was their best/only shot to do so. Lavar has his own reasons to nudge them towards skipping out on school, but I don't think it's more than a nudge.

I mean he'd have to go back to high school or get his GED but it's not likely.
Just having a HS education or GED probably isn't enough to get a job at McDonald's anymore. Most occupations that pay a decent salary anymore require at least a grad degree it seems like (obviously not including skilled trade or service industry).

LaMelo at 16 playing against fully grown men? Recipe for disaster physically. His body will not survive it.

Plus grown men who need that 500/month to feed their families are going to use that rich 16 year-old American trust funder for target practice.

Like, he might get paralyzed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT