ADVERTISEMENT

Every team's A game

He’s been complimentary of KU lately, but he’s been very passive aggressive toward them in the past. I doubt you’ve watched every KU game that he’s been part of.

It’s been a striking contrast. As if someone told him to lay off.
I've been watching for years, KU is on ESPN a ton and he does most of those games. I have never had the feeling that he hated KU, in fact, it usually appears to be directly the opposite.

I've been watching for years, KU is on ESPN a ton and he does most of those games. I have never had the feeling that he hated KU, in fact, it usually appears to be directly the opposite.

Well, it’s never going to be incredibly blatant and overt (although at times I expected him to pull out pom poms in the opposing team’s colors).

They have to be somewhat professional. But there is a reason KU fans dislike him and it’s not because he made a habit of kissing the program’s ass.

Well, it’s never going to be incredibly blatant and overt (although at times I expected him to pull out pom poms in the opposing team’s colors).

They have to be somewhat professional. But there is a reason KU fans dislike him and it’s not because he made a habit of kissing the program’s ass.
I'll take your word for it. You aren't the first KU fan I've seen say it. I just haven't picked up on it yet.

Oh no doubt. But that strengthens my argument. Look at their numbers. They're top 4 in both categories.

That's obscene.

But if I was to place money on the 8 teams I thought had a chance, Gonzaga wouldn't make the cut.

I would pick Texas Tech, Wisconsin and KU before I picked Gonzaga.

Also, look at Tennessee. They are #2 in offensive efficiency, but FIFTY THIRD in Defensive efficiency.

I just think defense is more important than offense.

Yeah, UVA last year was 1st in defensive efficiency but 30th in offensive efficiency. I think you just have to be more balanced on both ends to win it all. I'm hoping that bears out this year by being top 5 in both. But hard to gauge in a single elimination format.

Reactions: GE Nole
If Duke plays their A game they ain’t losing. That being said, I do think you can make a case for Kentucky being number 2

You can make a case that's it Kentucky but it's not clear cut. It also depends what you mean by playing your A game. Does it mean making shots? Completely shutting down the other team's offense? Forcing tons of turnovers but limiting turnovers yourself? I think UVA would be really tough to beat if we played our best defense and shot insanely well from the floor. But I'm sure you could say that about a lot of the top teams.

Yeah, UVA last year was 1st in defensive efficiency but 30th in offensive efficiency. I think you just have to be more balanced on both ends to win it all. I'm hoping that bears out this year by being top 5 in both. But hard to gauge in a single elimination format.

Agreed. Gotta be balanced.

But you’re point about a single elimination tourney is spot on too. Two years ago FSU finished 31st on O and D. Now that’s balanced! But we also got upset by the 11 seed in the second round.

Got our revenge last year, though.

Reactions: jhmossy
You can make a case that's it Kentucky but it's not clear cut. It also depends what you mean by playing your A game. Does it mean making shots? Completely shutting down the other team's offense? Forcing tons of turnovers but limiting turnovers yourself? I think UVA would be really tough to beat if we played our best defense and shot insanely well from the floor. But I'm sure you could say that about a lot of the top teams.
Pretty much the way Duke beat UVA two times this year.

ADVERTISEMENT